Our QB is broken

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Sure dude. Keep believing that lie. He choked against the 49ers. He even admitted to playing poorly against them.
I gotta agree. He choked. If he played well, ala Aikman in '94 championship after throwing early INT, then fine. But he stunk, was double-clutching, missing wide open WRs, not seeing the field and throwing INTs WHILE PLAYING CONSERVATIVELY. If Trent Dilfer is going to throw INTs, he is not winning a SB. You can't go Trent Dilfer AND throw INTs. He STUNK.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Yes. If you are a franchise QB they are paying you for being more than an individual contributor. The fact that you are mockingly laughing when something basic like this escapes you, may indicate that I'm wasting my time.

But I do need to vent...and I can't get at Jerry so...

In your "little world" Dak is responsible for throwing passes. That's a laughably naive view of the franchise QBs job. The franchise QB and head coach - who both get paid the most - are both responsible for having the team ready. Particularly in a playoff game where the star QB/WR are not on the same page in the first drive of the game. I guess that's...Will McClay's fault? Or it's CeeDee's fault, right?

Glad I could set you "straight".
The QB, franchise or not, should have a SIGNIFICANT say in the offensive game plan and how it is run. That is a given.

But the DEFENSE? That's on Dak?

This does not mean that defense not showing up means Dak and the offense did. What that does mean ...
  • Dak played like crap
    • Except I can't use the word I say while I'm typing this, or it gets automatically censored and opens me up to a strike
  • The Defense played like crap
    • Again, can't use the word I would like because of forum rules
Now lets look at this LOGICALLY.
  • Had the Defense played good, would Dallas have won that game?
    • NO!!!!!! Absolutely not.
    • Not unless the D scored like 4 TDs.
    • Dak played like crap, and did jack squat while the game was relevant.
  • Had the Offense played good, would Dallas have won that game?
    • NO!!!!!!
    • Unless the Offense scored 7+ TDs
      • And "only" 7+ assuming that Dak does not throw a Pick 6
    • When the defense gives up 6 TDs in the first 7 Drives, you lose those games
      • And really, the only reason GB stopped scoring is because they brought in their backups and just were trying to run the clock
As far as the list of people you mentioned specifically:
  • Will McClay
    • If the is the personnel guy we all think he is, is responsible for the least productive 2023 draft class in the NFL this year
  • Dak and CeeDee not being on the same page
    • That's on Dak AND CeeDee ... hell, I'll even throw in McCarthy as he is the offensive playcaller too
  • Dak throwing the two interceptions in the Packers game
    • BOTH are 100% on Dak
    • There have been INTs in the past that were not Dak's (or Romo's) fault
      • Like the receiver tipping it in the air, or the ball bouncing off Witten's hand, then heal, right to the defender
    • But that was NOT the case for Dak against the Packers, that was 100% his fault.
      • I would add more zeros to the percentage, but that's just a waste of time

But I know, I know ... Dak is at fault with the offense. Dak is at fault with the defense. Dak is at fault with the Speical Teams. Dak is a fault with the Draft. Dak is at fault for the economy. Dak is at fault for layoffs.

So basically, Dak is at fault for <enter whatever piss you off> and saying anything other than "Dak is at fault for ________" is blasphemy.
:thumbup:

Steve007

Reaction score
LOL, Dak's the biggest reason we had a great offense during the regular season.

It certainly wasn't our mediocre run game.

Did Dak choke vs Green Bay? Absolutely. But let's not rewrite history. He was balling in the regular season.

For the record, of course I'd trade Dak for Mahomes. Duh.
I think the point was Dak chokes in the playoffs. Run game was bad defense was bad, but a so called elite QB who is getting paid a huge percent of the cap can't continue to choke in the playoffs.
I know Dak isn't going anywhere, so the results will be the same.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You haven't refuted any point that shows Jones believes in Dak. You basically tried to parse my post to make yourself look right. OK...but you don't have to be right all the time. You need to make a point regarding Jones' unshakeable belief in Dak. I gave you a number of moves, trades and comparisons to chew on. Peace.
The moves, trades and comparisons you have injected into this sub-discussion, are no more or less relevant than my own. Peace.
And Jerry did not drop Romo, the TEAM did. This is well-documented that Jerry wanted Romo put back in, but Garrett told Jerry if he did that he would lose the locker room.
The team and Garrett overruled Jones' opinion of what should happen.

Allow let me repeat.

Guess players and Garrett (of all people) hold significant influence over Jones' independent thinking and action-taking. This is a way better self-conclusion than the past decade's lack of critical thinking that assumes Jones is just a figurehead within his own front office.

Today is gonna be a good day.

Steve007

Reaction score
Yep. Dak played MLB like crap. Couldn't stop the run for anything. And, did you see all those GB receivers running WIDE open??? Mahomes would have blanketed those guys. And, why didn't Dak get a sack in the playoff game? Lamar would have had three, or more!!
And, why couldn't Dak open run lanes for Pollard? I bet Purdy would have BLOWN open holes for Pollard!!
And, my heck Dak has led the league in penalties for three years!!! My heck!!

Guys, it's getting ridiculous.
Yea the run game was bad the defense was bad, but the great leader who is getting the biggest chunk of the cap continues to choke in the playoffs. The offense goes through the quarterback if he continues to panic the offense is done.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
The moves, trades and comparisons you have injected into this sub-discussion, are no more or less relevant than my own. Peace.

Allow let me repeat.

Guess players and Garrett (of all people) hold significant influence over Jones' independent thinking and action-taking. This is a way better self-conclusion than the past decade's lack of critical thinking that assumes Jones is just a figurehead within his own front office.

Today is gonna be a good day.
Ok, but that would only prove that Jones loved Romo more from the start. You questioned my post regarding Jerry's belief in Dak. I've seen nothing that indicates Jerry believes in Dak. Most QBs don't get to the franchise tag:
- Jalen Hurts (I think Dak's better than him, but the Eagles think more of him than Cowboys did of Dak)
- Jared Goff (The Rams extended him...and then traded him. Never made it to franchise tag.)
- Carson Wentz (LOL...yes, the Eagles paid him and he never saw the franchise tag.)
- Patrick Mahomes | Josh Allen | <insert most top QB>

Dak was franchised tagged TWICE.

The only reason Lamar made it there was because he wanted fully guaranteed money and the team balked at that (among other things). The point is that teams that BELIEVE in their franchise QB and don't want to upset him - as Lamar was very upset with the POSSIBILITY of the franchise tag - don't put their QB on a prove it deal.

Now...that's just ONE way I know Jerry doesn't believe in Dak. I can go on all day. Can you?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will McClay
  • If the is the personnel guy we all think he is, is responsible for the least productive 2023 draft class in the NFL this year
There is no way of being absolutely certain what Will McClay's actual strategy of roster building, as long as Jerry Jones has the ultimate say so on which players will be drafted or signed through free agency. McClay and the scouting class can assemble a list of targeted players, while acknowledging each players' strengths and weaknesses.

Ultimately, Jones picks whoever is most recommended by McClay and scouts OR he goes with his gut. Additionally, any publicized opinions made after players are acquired could easily be reflective of everyone toeing the organization's projected aura of unity concerning decision-making. That includes McClay.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
The QB, franchise or not, should have a SIGNIFICANT say in the offensive game plan and how it is run. That is a given.

But the DEFENSE? That's on Dak?

This does not mean that defense not showing up means Dak and the offense did. What that does mean ...
  • Dak played like crap
    • Except I can't use the word I say while I'm typing this, or it gets automatically censored and opens me up to a strike
  • The Defense played like crap
    • Again, can't use the word I would like because of forum rules
Now lets look at this LOGICALLY.
  • Had the Defense played good, would Dallas have won that game?
    • NO!!!!!! Absolutely not.
    • Not unless the D scored like 4 TDs.
    • Dak played like crap, and did jack squat while the game was relevant.
  • Had the Offense played good, would Dallas have won that game?
    • NO!!!!!!
    • Unless the Offense scored 7+ TDs
      • And "only" 7+ assuming that Dak does not throw a Pick 6
    • When the defense gives up 6 TDs in the first 7 Drives, you lose those games
      • And really, the only reason GB stopped scoring is because they brought in their backups and just were trying to run the clock
As far as the list of people you mentioned specifically:
  • Will McClay
  • Dak and CeeDee not being on the same page
    • That's on Dak AND CeeDee ... hell, I'll even throw in McCarthy as he is the offensive playcaller too
  • Dak throwing the two interceptions in the Packers game
    • BOTH are 100% on Dak
    • There have been INTs in the past that were not Dak's (or Romo's) fault
      • Like the receiver tipping it in the air, or the ball bouncing off Witten's hand, then heal, right to the defender
    • But that was NOT the case for Dak against the Packers, that was 100% his fault.
      • I would add more zeros to the percentage, but that's just a waste of time

But I know, I know ... Dak is at fault with the offense. Dak is at fault with the defense. Dak is at fault with the Speical Teams. Dak is a fault with the Draft. Dak is at fault for the economy. Dak is at fault for layoffs.

So basically, Dak is at fault for <enter whatever piss you off> and saying anything other than "Dak is at fault for ________" is blasphemy.
:thumbup:
see, you can go through all these what if scenarios, but...

The person who has the ball in their hands the most - the QB and widely known leader of the team - can't play poorly AS WELL. He has to be the guy that wins the shootout. Most folks predicted a shootout...because Jordan Love had 16TDs to 1int in the games leading up to our game. And our defense had played poorly when we needed stops in certain games and our secondary was compromised. But what most didn't anticipate - but I did - was that Dak would not match Jordan Love...in fact, he contributed directly to 14 of GBs points!!! If we are down 14-0 at halftime we can win the game still. If we are down 14-7 ...we can win the game. But down 27-0...with Dak pretending to hold it all together while visibly falling apart at the seams...no...

Dak is a leader of the team and the leader's performance impacts the team...especially if it's the QB.

Zman5

Reaction score
Did the offense keep the defense off the field? Sometimes you have to win a shootout. Dak can't do that when it really matters.
Dak could have played a great game, and it wouldn't have guaranteed a win the way the defense played.

It's people like you and Jerry, who think we are only one <insert offensive player> away from winning a championship, is the reason our defense has not been fixed past 14 seasons.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Im willing to bet, you were among the rabid fans that have, in the past, fervently argued what a great leader dak is.
The reality is, that is more than sky pointing, butt patting, and new nikes for all.

If he is, then yes...he does help the team prepare.

It also helps to score points and not give the other team easy free tds.
I don't know how else to say this on a "family friendly" forum without getting in trouble, but Dak played like crap. Not disputing that.

Just pointing out that Green Bay had TD scoring drives of:
  • 12 plays, 75 yards
  • 3 plays, 19 yards
  • 10 plays, 93 yards
  • 5 plays, 75 yards
  • 3 plays, 75 yards
  • 8 plays, 40 yards
And I get it, Dak threw a INT that gave the Packers just 19 yards to score a TD early in the game. And he also threw a Pick 6 that is not accounted for above right before halftime.

Then late in the game, the Packers had a short field due to a failed 4th Down attempt.

When 4 of 6 offensive TD drives are of 75+ yards, that's on the Defense.

I don't know how point that out is "defending Dak", but alright, you have fun with that.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

The person who has the ball in their hands the most - the QB and widely known leader of the team - can't play poorly AS WELL. He has to be the guy that wins the shootout. Most folks predicted a shootout...because Jordan Love had 16TDs to 1int in the games leading up to our game. And our defense had played poorly when we needed stops in certain games and our secondary was compromised. But what most didn't anticipate - but I did - was that Dak would not match Jordan Love...in fact, he contributed directly to 14 of GBs points!!! If we are down 14-0 at halftime we can win the game still. If we are down 14-7 ...we can win the game. But down 27-0...with Dak pretending to hold it all together while visibly falling apart at the seams...no...

Dak is a leader of the team and the leader's performance impacts the team...especially if it's the QB.
400+ passing yards, 3 TDs and a passer rating of 89.7 does not spell "falling apart" or "not capable of helping win a playoff game". 32 points scored is plenty enough to win any playoff game. The Defense giving up 38 points is what ultimately cost us this playoff game vs the Packers.

SackMaster

Reaction score

You know the difference between our posts?
  • We BOTH blame Dak for being a complete non-show to a playoff game
Yet
  • I point out that other parts of the team failed as well as Dak and his pathetic performance
  • And you REFUSE to blame anyone other than Dak, to include, but not limited to the owner/GM that keeps Dak around
Fun times.
:laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, but that would only prove that Jones loved Romo more from the start.
I have stated many times on this site that Romo enjoyed Jones' 100% support until his 2016 injury and Prescott's performance during September and October. Afterwards, Jones backed Prescott completely, knowing he had replaced one franchise quarterback (his opinion) with a brand new franchise quarterback (his opinion). Your repeating 'Jones loved Romo' more before 2016 does not offset how he has felt about Prescott since 2016.
I can go on all day. Can you?
No. I have real work to do while moderating. I will eventually stop replying like I always do.

There was a time, fifteen or so years ago, I would have gone back-and-forth for days on this site. Ultimately, experience (and age) taught me the futility of fighting the never-ending battle. At some point, there will be no more replies or I will reply with 'I'm done. You win." as I have often done in the past.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't know how else to say this on a "family friendly" forum without getting in trouble, but Dak played like crap. Not disputing that.

Just pointing out that Green Bay had TD scoring drives of:
  • 12 plays, 75 yards
  • 3 plays, 19 yards
  • 10 plays, 93 yards
  • 5 plays, 75 yards
  • 3 plays, 75 yards
  • 8 plays, 40 yards
And I get it, Dak threw a INT that gave the Packers just 19 yards to score a TD early in the game. And he also threw a Pick 6 that is not accounted for above right before halftime.

Then late in the game, the Packers had a short field due to a failed 4th Down attempt.

When 4 of 6 offensive TD drives are of 75+ yards, that's on the Defense.

I don't know how point that out is "defending Dak", but alright, you have fun with that.
They can't handle the truth. Their minds are overrun with their Dak hate.

SackMaster

Reaction score
400+ passing yards, 3 TDs and a passer rating of 89.7 does not spell "falling apart" or "not capable of helping win a playoff game". 32 points scored is plenty enough to win any playoff game. The Defense giving up 38 points is what ultimately cost us this playoff game vs the Packers.
Come on AC, that is BS.
  • Dak cost us the game by not doing anything until it was 27-0
  • The Defense cost us the game by not being able to stop any drive
  • The Coaches cost us the game for not having gameplans to score and/or stop scores from happening
To try and say "but, but, but" on any one of those is just foolish.

(Great, now I'm arguing the Dak-Haters AND Dak-Stans ... I got to reevaluate my life)
:muttley:

Creeper

Reaction score
So why does Dak consistently play slow, conservative or horribly in the beginning of EVERY PLAYOFF GAME. We have 7 now...and only ONE did he start off hot...a broken 8-9 Tampa team last year. That's it.
I suggest people go back and look at all of Prescott's playoff games. In 2016, the Cowboys lost to the Packers 34-31 in the divisional playoff game after getting a bye.. Dak brought the Cowboys back to tie the game twice in the 4th quarter after being down 28-13. Both times the Packers came back with scoring drives to retake the lead. That was the game Rodgers threw that pinful pass down the sidelines and Byron Jones let the TE get away from him for just a second to set up the game winning FG with 3 seconds left on the clock.

In 2018, the Cowboys beat the Seahawks 24-22 in the wild car round. Again, the Cowboys fell behind and Dak brought them back to win the game. In the divisional game the Cowboys lost 30-22 but not because Dak was bad. The Rams, CJ Anderson in particular, ran all over us that day. Anderson was running through gaping holes. Not Daks fault. The Rams were just the better team that year.

In 2021, the Cowboys lost to the 49ers 23-17. The score was 16-7 at the half. and 23-7 after 3Q. Again Dak brought them back to make it 23-17. The game ended on the late scrambled when the Cowboys did not get the ball spotted. Zeke was the Cowboys top rusher with 31 yards on 12 carries.

In 2022, the Cowboys beat Tom Brady and the Bucs in Tampa in the Wild Card round. 31-14. It was 18-0 at the half. Dak went 25-33 for 305 and 4 TDs. What a choker!

Then the Cowboys again lost to SF 19-12. The score was tied 9-9 after 3 quarters. It was a defensive games the whole way. The Cowboys were in this game until Pollard got hurt. That left the Cowboys with no running game at all. CMC scored a TD in the 4th quarter and Dak came back with a FG dive. But it just wasn't enough.

Then of course in 2023 we got blown out by the Packers. Looking back on al those games two things are apparent, Dak was not responsible for all 5 losses and in fact played some great games. In every case where they lost, the other team was just better than Dallas, except for this last Packers loss. The Packers were hot, but the Cowboys are clearly the better team. They were just unprepared and maybe too overconfident. I wonder if the Eagles hadn't collapsed and the Cowboys had been the wild card team going to Tampa if thins would have been different. Maybe not getting home field for 2 games would have changed the Cowboys attitude going into the Wild Card game.