Overrated and Underrated Actors and Actresses

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Extremely underrated. Man the acting was superb. Made me cry watching this.

Ima move to Miami and live on a boat

You wouldn't know this prime, prolly cuz' I ain't told you,but that first Miami Vice dude Don Johnson, Shared the same UNCLE,,,ya see ' cousin' Donnie was one of them bass turd's and ended up being adopted& I remember my UNCLE talking about how his 'nephew' was starring in a movie fixing to come out pretty soon titled "A boy and his dog",,,, straight up truth,no chaser orderedo_O

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
With Seymour Hoffman dead, the three best living actors for me are Day-Lewis (I know, biiiig stretch there) and Kevin Spacey and Mark Rylance.

The three most over-hyped -- Wahlberg and Travolta and Brad Pitt

Underrated (non-A-list) -- Tom Hardy and Christoph Waltz and Oscar Isaac

See, this thread is a damned wormhole. I can keep changing this. Gah. Triggered by thread.

Last edited:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
He inspired, wrote for and was with Janis Joplin for Haysoos; sakes!!!
And yer point is what,exactly?

* ya,I know that,yet ,on that merited observation alone failed to tip the scales,,,,although, he did star in one movie with Treat Williams, where they were border patrol agents & find a 20 year old Willy's jeep wrecked in a wash & was buried when it crashed into the far bank& it sloughed off covering it up,,,it had a suitcase full of CASH & was half way being linked as the actual trigger puller in the JFK assassin,,, I could almost kinda start 'liking' that over pumped self inflated air sucking A- hole from that single flick,but not quite o_O

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Robin Williams was also an incredibly, incredibly underrated actor (RIP). The very definition of which. His acting chops were up there with any of the great character actors. A true genius. More than that, a prodigy.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Cage is actually, now, severely underrated. He's shown incredible range from "Raising Arizona" to "Leaving Las Vegas" to "8mm" to "Port of Call" to "Joe" to wonky "Face-off" and "Gone in 60 Secs" to name a few. He has a diverse range.

He belongs on my list of underrated actors, in hindsight. Sheesh, this thread is a wormhole for me.
I only really liked him in his role in that DENNIS HOPPER flick " RED ROCK WEST",,,,ya, " Leaving Las Vegas" was worth watching,,, but come-on man that comic book motorcycle 'flaming dude' he played?,,,SHEESE, Lameness had done moved into his house when he did that flicko_O

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Want to say, I love Hanks and DiCaprio. DiCaprio's performances in "Eating Gilbert Grape" as well as "Wolf" are top notch. Character-driven to the tee. But his general performances are formulaic and stale. Same with Hanks, altho his performances in "Castaway" and "Philadelphia" are incredible. "Private Ryan" was really good, but more of a testament to great directing, cinematography and editing. He wasn't really acting outside his range. Still, a solid performance. Still, he's overrated.

Morgan Freeman is overrated. Tom Cruise underrated (I have the same kind of view of he as Cage)
Hanks has a pretty good flick in where he's a mob enforcer/ hit man in the 20's and his son stowaways in his model A sedan when he's sent out on a hit,,,that's definitely a HANK'S flick worth watching.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I only really liked him in his role in that DENNIS HOPPER flick " RED ROCK WEST",,,,ya, " Leaving Las Vegas" was worth watching,,, but come-on man that comic book motorcycle 'flaming dude' he played?,,,SHEESE, Lameness had done moved into his house when he did that flicko_O
Hense his underrated status, imo. He has a lot of trash film, which a lot of folks define him as... but he has some gems. Check out Joe. So damned good, Mel. Raising Arizona is a classic. Port of Call New Orleans is incredible. He has some amazing stuff, man, just to name a few. Worth giving a ganders, my brother :laugh:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Hanks has a pretty good flick in where he's a mob enforcer/ hit man in the 20's and his son stowaways in his model A sedan when he's sent out on a hit,,,that's definitely a HANK'S flick worth watching.
ROAD TO PERDITION ALL TIME AMAZING

Bro!!!!!!! :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Robin Williams was also an incredibly, incredibly underrated actor (RIP). The very definition of which. His acting chops were up there with any of the great character actors. A true genius. More than that, a prodigy.
I remember his coke-fueled days.
I understand the despair of the genius without stimuli...

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Elvis was a much better actor than he ever got credit for.
King Creole...nuff said.
he could also be very funny.

man that felt good....held that one back.
3 pages in....PERSONAL RECORD.
I loved it when he paid Kurt Russell .50 cents to kick him in both his shins at the country fair,,,KURT RUSSELL is the ORIGINAL KING KICKER:lmao:

* busted the kings shin skin ,TOO!o_O