Overrated and Underrated Actors and Actresses

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That movie had light as a character. The rain scene alone makes it worth watching. You could add Jude Law to the underrated list.
Jude Law made his own mistakes in the roles he chose, but you're right.
He's a terrific actor. I would have liked to have seen him working different opportunities.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Pitt is a terrific actor, a very wide range.
He isn't. He is a really good/great actor at his own delivery, but he lacks range. A character actor he is not.

Fight Club was too unfocused and appealed to an angsty late-90's teen/early 20's generation. Hey, I loved it, too, when it first came out.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Dex, migosh.
Here is a few of mine but I am not sure they fit into one of these categories.

Most Underrated

220px-GeneHackmanJun2108.jpg

584f0df21c00002f000eb280.jpeg

And for TV:

250px-Cosmo_Kramer.jpg

Most Overrated

MV5BMTQzMjkwNTQ2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTQ4MTQ4MTE@._V1_UY317_CR18,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

MV5BNDExMzIzNjk3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTE4NDU5OA@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

meryl-streep-9497266-1-402.jpg
Triggered

<eye twitches>

:)

Corso

Reaction score
He isn't. He is a really good/great actor at his own delivery, but he lacks range. A character actor he is not.

Fight Club was too unfocused and appealed to an angsty late-90's teen/early 20's generation. Hey, I loved it, too, when it first came out.
Totally disagree. You are off-base.
You talk about range and he's an actor that will tackle so many rainbow frequencies?
From love interest to serial killer?

I protest!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Okay, I'm ready for the hits, but I truly believe Brad Pitt is an underrated actor.
He can play anything and has, very well.

Look at him in Kalifornia.
How about Snatch?
Seven is... his reaction to his wife's head.

He was never just a pretty boy.
Ah, Snatch. He was character-developed and believable as the gypsy, there. He was also good in 12 Years a Slave. Same in Inglorious Basterds. Perhaps he chooses the wrong roles, sometimes, and gems other times. Perhaps I'm being a boob

I think Pitt will be polarizing on this topic, it appears.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Totally disagree. You are off-base.
You talk about range and he's an actor that will tackle so many rainbow frequencies?
From love interest to serial killer?

I protest!
See above post, my pal :)

Corso

Reaction score
Ah, Snatch. He was character-developed and believable as the gypsy, there. He was also good in 12 Years a Slave. Same in Inglorious Basterds. Perhaps he chooses the wrong roles, sometimes, and gems other times. Perhaps I'm being a boob

I think Pitt will be polarizing on this topic, it appears.
Perhaps he acts the roles so well...
I find it funny you criticize his delivery. Maybe he shouldn't deliver so well...

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Perhaps he acts the roles so well...
I find it funny you criticize his delivery. Maybe he shouldn't deliver so well...
I'm admittedly reconnoitering my stance on Pitt, and perhaps changing my take from "over-rated" to "properly rated."

I dont think he is one of the greats. But he does have some awesome stuff. My bad there, Dex and Corso.

Corso

Reaction score
I'm admittedly reconnoitering my stance on Pitt, and perhaps changing my take from "over-rated" to "properly rated."

I dont think he is one of the greats. But he does have some awesome stuff. My bad there, Dex and Corso.
Easily up there with Redford. And I'm a huge Redford fan! HUGE...

I made sure my wife watched Sneakers last night huge.