Owen Schmitt

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
i see youre drunk again.

i saw what I saw and I heard coach phillips praise him as well.

outside of youre formula for combine scores pretty much everything that comes from you is worthless so i could care less about your hyperbole.

youre the one babbling about what an athlete Schmitt is but the dude runs a 4.8 to andersons 4.7. really thats all i needed to know about your insight into anything.

i see this every year. some FB becomes the fanbases obsession as people hope for the next moose. same year its the same exact thing.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Even drunk I can spell better than you.

And where did you get he runs a 4.8?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
theogt;1949636 said:
Even drunk I can spell better than you.

And where did you get he runs a 4.8?

htats what nfldraftblitz and nfldraftcountdown have as of now.

and spelling smack how cute. sad thing is i didnt mispell anything in the above post.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1949433 said:
the love for Schmitt is crazy, there are going to be alot of very unhappy people come draft day

Here's hoping you're one of 'em... LOL...

Seriously, ol' buddy, have you considered that maybe part of the problem with our running game this year was the lack of a Moose Johnston-style battering ram leading the tailback into the hole?? And that maybe Jason Garrett would like to find his own Moose to work into the offense??

I wouldn't mind seeing the Boys running out of a true I formation, like in the glory days...

silverbear

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1949558 said:
Deon Anderson can do all those things

is Schmitt that great of an improvement that he's going to be worth a 3rd? not a chance in hell

A third is too early, IMO, but I'd happily use the Cowboys' 4th rounder on him...

Cricket Anderson is a good ballplayer, Schmitt is better (if only because he's bigger)... if the Boys had both, they'd be just about bulletproof at FB... Anderson reminds me a bit of Peyton Hillis from Arkansas, the second best FB in this draft...

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
theogt;1949640 said:
Several different, single and blended, depending upon the bar.

Down the hatch.

I hear that. What do you prefer

12-18 yr Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, Macallan?

Straight up, on the rocks, splash of soda?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
ELDudearino;1949679 said:

I just cannot get into scotch. single malt, blends, 25 years doesnt matter. it all tastes like a tree.

i prefer Gentlemen's Jack.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1949683 said:
I just cannot get into scotch. single malt, blends, 25 years doesnt matter. it all tastes like a tree.

I enjoy that as well with a splash of coke and tuns of ice...

silverbear

Reaction score

An excellent choice, very smooth... expensive, as sour mash whiskey goes, but quite drinkable...

hendog

Reaction score

How about an Oban neat, water back.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ELDudearino;1949679 said:

Depends on the mood. My favorite is 25 year Macallan. I usually stick with Islays, but last night was mostly Balvenie.

Always neat, unless it's a blended before dinner, then with a few cubes of ice.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
theogt;1949604 said:
What's more likely? They're first round picks because they're that talented or they're first round picks because of who their fullback was?

I believe Hillis is the better all-around fullback, and judging by the fact that the Razorback rushing attack was very good, he probably was pretty good himself.

So, was Daryl Johnston just good or was the Cowboy running attack during his time just all because Emmitt Smith was talented? Is Lorenzo Neal just good or has he just been lucky to be the lead blocker for some talented RBs?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1949136 said:
Oh god not you too.

So basically youre saying that for maybe 5 plays a game or so we should put this up with RB, WR, ILB, CB or other positions that are important for 50 plays a game? And hes only going to be able to play on obvious running downs because coming from the offense that he did at WV where they ran the ball 3 times more than they passed it hes going to be green as grass in the passing game.

Essentially what youre saying is that we should scuttle Hoyte for this guy and the way i look at it is:

Hurd/Austin -------> Day 1 WR
Big gaping hole ------> Day 1 RB
Ayodele/Burnett -------> Day 1 ILB
Reeves/Ball -----------> Day 1 CB
Hoyte ------------> Day 1 FB
What do you mean, not me too? I am probably this guy's biggest shill on this site.

I like Peyton Hillis too and wouldn't be upset if we got him. However, I don't have any issue whatsoever with taking Schmitt in the 3rd round. I think he's instantly your starting FB and your run game immediately gets better. Especially in short yardage which is so critical. I don't see why acquiring improvement in the 3rd round is a bad thing.

Last year people griped that we took a kicker. How'd that work out? They griped that we took a FB at all. Now he has defenders everywhere.

I'm not at all sold on Hoyte. He is too one dimensional. Schmitt also plays some TE at WVU so he adds versatility as an H-Back.

I am in favor of anything that improves the team and I simply believe Schmitt is the best FB in the Draft and is better than either option we already have.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
theogt;1949770 said:
Depends on the mood. My favorite is 25 year Macallan. I usually stick with Islays, but last night was mostly Balvenie.

Always neat, unless it's a blended before dinner, then with a few cubes of ice.

That's some hi-dolla stuff:cool: