P90 workout - Questions and comments

SC Cowboyfan

Reaction score
Congrats BraveHeartFan! Keep it up!
I'm not using the P90 but decided to get back in shape with diet and walking on my treadmill and doing pushups and situps. I walk 3-4 miles five times a week and in 7weeks, have lost 17 pounds...
I turn 40 this september so I want to get my fat,lazy butt in shape by then hopefully!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
SC Cowboyfan;4485427 said:
Congrats BraveHeartFan! Keep it up!
I'm not using the P90 but decided to get back in shape with diet and walking on my treadmill and doing pushups and situps. I walk 3-4 miles five times a week and in 7weeks, have lost 17 pounds...
I turn 40 this september so I want to get my fat,lazy butt in shape by then hopefully!

That's awesome man! Great job. Keep up the great work and I have no doubt you'll be there by September! Which is awesome cause I turn 33 in September!!!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4483456 said:
Alright I hit the scale this morning. I gotta tell you I got on there just dying to see 10 or more pounds. Just knew that it was going to be a really good double digit number.

7 lbs...

WTH? That was my first thought. I'm looking at myself and I'm saying I know I can tell a pretty good difference already. How can this be?

So initially I was very discouraged cause I thought I was maybe fooling myself with the eye test. Seeing results that weren't really there, ya know? I mean 7 pounds? How can there be any real difference in seven pounds.

Thankfully the measurements confirmed that I wasn't just seeing things. I really have made noticable difference.

I lost 2" in my chest, 2" in my waist, 2.5" in my hips, 1.5" in my left thigh and 1" in my right (Seems so weird that I lost more in one leg than the other, lol).

And for my biceps....i actually gained 1.25" in each!

After seeing the measurements confirming what I could see I was PUMPED!!!!! I'm very pleased thus far.

So I'm tweaking my diet a bit for this next month, and I'm starting the second phase of the workouts, the longer and harder ones, with tonight so I'm really pumped about the workouts going forward.

I know those numbers might not seem like a lot to most folks but to me losing 2 inches almost everywhere is HUGE and then to gain a little in my arms...nice. I'm feeling really good.

Congrats man.

Don't ever be disapointed with a 7lb loss. Thats a quality weight loss unless your 400 lbs.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Thanks Catch. I'm actually proud of it now. I was just really worried that I was wrong about what I thought I was seeing. I realise now that I wasn't and that things are going exactly the way I'd like them to be going.

I'm getting stronger with every workout and feeling better with every one. I did Sweat 3-4 last night for the first time and I'm gonna be honest that 3rd round of everything would have been brutal if I could have given it 110% the whole time. Unfortunately with the poor shoes I'm having to use I have a great deal of pain in my ankles and calves which is causing me to have to slow down more than I'd like in the cardio sessions.

I'm going to try and get that fixed soon though by getting me some quality shoes for working out and for my running.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
I gained about 10 lbs in muscle when I did P90x, don't fret the weight loss

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Blew away Sculpt 3-4 last night and this morning I've already completed by Sweat 3-4 and Ab Ripper 200. Had to get the workout in early today cause I work a 12 hour shift starting in about an hour.

Tomorrow I'm not going to make it to football practice cause I got 8 more hours of OT so tomorrow I'll take an official rest day for the first time since I started. lol

Feeling really good right now. I hope everyone has a great day and their workouts are fantastic for them this weekend as well.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I terminated my gym membership. The only thing I really couldn't do at home was use a treadmill. So, we just bought a treadmill. Got a freaking steal of a deal on it too.

We have been looking at them for a while. We wanted to stay below $1k. We narrowed it down to either the Sole F63 or the Livestrong 10.0T. They seemed to be the best quality treadmills in the $799-$1,000 range.

We didn't even realize Dick's Sporting Goods sold Sole products. They only show Livestrong on their website. We stopped in there to look / test out the Livestrong 10.0T, but saw the Sole F63 sitting right beside it. Not only that, it was on sale for $699 with free delivery and setup!. SOLD! :laugh2:

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Just to chime in....my wife and I have always been active people (kayaking, surfing, snowboarding, hiking, etc), but since we've moved to Florida we've both found ourselves doing less outdoors. While I've been working out some, albeit sporadically, my wife has not.

So I've been trying to find something we can both do together to get us back in the shape we're used to being in...we're on week 2 of Insanity. It's pretty great for both of us. I get to do something that is somewhat challenging with my wife. It's not on the level I really want, i.e crossfit, but it is a good compromise. I've done P90x a few times, and while I think it's a better program for men, this is the better weight loss and cardio program IMO. It's also easier do to the fact that you don't need any equipment...a hug bonus when you have to drag all of your weights around when you want to workout (which I do since I currently live in a condo).

AND, I like the diet program that Insanity recommends. We haven't stuck to it completely, but this is the first time that I've really changed my diet whatsoever, so that's a big step...probably cut about 1500 calories a day.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
1st day down...89 more to go.

The resistance bands are some difficult little suckers.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
5Stars;4490186 said:
1st day down...89 more to go.

The resistance bands are some difficult little suckers.

I bought the TO resistance bands.

I love those things. Very good quality.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CATCH17;4490267 said:
I bought the TO resistance bands.

I love those things. Very good quality.

resistance_is_futile_card-p137310946146119629q0yk_400.jpg

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Sculpt 3-4 went down tonight. It was tougher tonight cause we had a cook out for Mania yesterday and I didn't eat nearly as clean and good as I wanted to cause of it so it slowed me down a bit today for my workout.

Still got it finished, and finished it up strong, but since the Hall of Fame show was on tonight I decided to skip my run afterwards. I'm disappointed about that but I'll kick the run in after my resistance workouts starting on Wednesday.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4491236 said:
Sculpt 3-4 went down tonight. It was tougher tonight cause we had a cook out for Mania yesterday and I didn't eat nearly as clean and good as I wanted to cause of it so it slowed me down a bit today for my workout.

Still got it finished, and finished it up strong, but since the Hall of Fame show was on tonight I decided to skip my run afterwards. I'm disappointed about that but I'll kick the run in after my resistance workouts starting on Wednesday.

No big deal. You need to eat a whole pizza from time to time and get it out of your system. At least I do.

It's a marathon.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
CATCH17;4491451 said:
No big deal. You need to eat a whole pizza from time to time and get it out of your system. At least I do.

It's a marathon.

Yeah that's how I'm focusing on it. It's going to happen now and again. You just keep pushing forward from that point on.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
I love fitness and training, but i'm not as big on these pre packaged workouts. I know they work great for some people, but they seem to much like a "quick fix" to me. I think many people try to use these programs without really changing their lifestyle, and in a year or two they are right back where they started.

I like to take a more long term approach to health. I think the most important priority when wanting to improve yourself is your diet. Simple things like not eating refined sugars and avoiding garbage fast food can go a long way.

I am also a big fan of cardiovascular exercise, not just because of the obvious benefits to your body but because of the incredible benefits to your brain. (In mice, it has been shown that neurogenesis, or the generation of new brain cells continues much more effectively in mice that exercise, even old mice!) A mediocre cardio workout ever other day can go a long way to keeping yourself mentally fit as you age.

I am in school and time is a huge factor in how much I can work out. I think this is true for many working people as well. That is why I would recommend starting slow with realistic goals. Maybe quitting soda and walking/jogging with light weight lifting for the first few weeks. If your diet is sound and you stretch to retain your muscle mass, I find it can be very effective in avoiding "taking a step back" during busy weeks.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Day two - cardio I-II and AB100 is done and it felt pretty good. But, now, after I ate a light lunch of oatmeal, whole wheat bread, some apple sauce, and an energy drink, I took a hour nap. Now, I feel like a wimp...all weak in my whole body! :confused:

:laugh2:

I felt stronger before I decided to do these workouts! Thanks, BraveHeartFan!! :mad:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
5Stars;4492193 said:
Day two - cardio I-II and AB100 is done and it felt pretty good. But, now, after I ate a light lunch of oatmeal, whole wheat bread, some apple sauce, and an energy drink, I took a hour nap. Now, I feel like a wimp...all weak in my whole body! :confused:

:laugh2:

I felt stronger before I decided to do these workouts! Thanks, BraveHeartFan!! :mad:

lol!

You'll get there man. :)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Sculpt 3-4 done once more. Probably the best workout I've had in a about a week. I really felt good during this one tonight.