P90 workout - Questions and comments

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4494047 said:
Sculpt 3-4 done once more. Probably the best workout I've had in a about a week. I really felt good during this one tonight.

:star:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Day four is done...but man! In the cardio, that yoga at the beginning kicks my butt! The rest of the cardio is OK...but that yoga hurts!

I hate BraveHeartFan...!!

:mad:

But, I do feel good.

;)

Wimbo

Reaction score
5Stars;4492193 said:
Day two - cardio I-II and AB100 is done and it felt pretty good. But, now, after I ate a light lunch of oatmeal, whole wheat bread, some apple sauce, and an energy drink, I took a hour nap. Now, I feel like a wimp...all weak in my whole body! :confused:

:laugh2:

I felt stronger before I decided to do these workouts! Thanks, BraveHeartFan!! :mad:

Well, it doesn't look like you got much protein here, but lots of carbs. You need protein if you are doing any sort of strength training - even if it's just the bands. Also, protein helps you feel full longer after a meal. What kind of energy drink are you taking? Most of those are sugar bombs that can mess up your diet, not to mention your blood sugar levels.

Wimbo

Reaction score
5Stars;4495456 said:
Day four is done...but man! In the cardio, that yoga at the beginning kicks my butt! The rest of the cardio is OK...but that yoga hurts!

But, I do feel good.

;)

Yoga rocks. I am a fool for waiting so long to start doing it (started just over a year ago). I thought it was too girly. Boy, was I wrong. It is hard! Great exercise, and it targets an area that I (as most men do) neglected for years - flexibility. The benefits are numerous... in addition to muscle flexibility, other benefits are strength, balance, joint range of motion, endurance, soft tissue elasticity, and improved posture.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Wimbo;4495480 said:
Well, it doesn't look like you got much protein here, but lots of carbs. You need protein if you are doing any sort of strength training - even if it's just the bands. Also, protein helps you feel full longer after a meal. What kind of energy drink are you taking? Most of those are sugar bombs that can mess up your diet, not to mention your blood sugar levels.

Thanks Wimbo, and yesterday I bought some Six Star Pro Nutrition - Whey protein. I just had my first 8oz glass after my workout today.

It's not an energy drink...I can't spell nu-trish-en. But, what I have been drinking once a day so far is Ensure, the muscle health kind.

But, I'm not a big guy...so after I hunt down BraveHeartFan for making me go through this...:mad:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
5Stars;4495456 said:

But, I do feel good.

;)

Yoga kicks my butt big time!!! I'm not nearly flexible enough to do the stuff to proper form yet but I give it a whirl every time. I'm slowly getting better. I know for sure that once you're able to that Yoga is a really great and powerful workout.

5Stars;4495489 said:
Thanks Wimbo, and yesterday I bought some Six Star Pro Nutrition - Whey protein. I just had my first 8oz glass after my workout today.

It's not an energy drink...I can't spell nu-trish-en. But, what I have been drinking once a day so far is Ensure, the muscle health kind.

But, I'm not a big guy...so after I hunt down BraveHeartFan for making me go through this...:mad:

lol!

Better find me soon cause if I keep working hard enough, and lose some more weight, I'm just going to run! :p

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4495972 said:
Yoga kicks my butt big time!!! I'm not nearly flexible enough to do the stuff to proper form yet but I give it a whirl every time. I'm slowly getting better. I know for sure that once you're able to that Yoga is a really great and powerful workout.

lol!

Better find me soon cause if I keep working hard enough, and lose some more weight, I'm just going to run! :p

Day five is done. Now, I get either tomorrow or Sunday off...I don't which I will take.

One thing with me is, I don't need to lose weight, I need to gain weight. I'm 6'1", but only weigh 170. I'm thinned boned. Plus, I'm old! :laugh2:

But, if I have to run after you, and if I do catch you? I'll just shake your hand for making me have a freaking heart attack! (if i live through this ****)!

;)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
5Stars;4496738 said:

Day five is done. Now, I get either tomorrow or Sunday off...I don't which I will take.

One thing with me is, I don't need to lose weight, I need to gain weight. I'm 6'1", but only weigh 170. I'm thinned boned. Plus, I'm old! :laugh2:

But, if I have to run after you, and if I do catch you? I'll just shake your hand for making me have a freaking heart attack! (if i live through this ****)!

;)

Awesome man! Keep it up! I got Sculpt 3-4 in again tonight and I blasted away at it. I feel really good tonight.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4496756 said:
Awesome man! Keep it up! I got Sculpt 3-4 in again tonight and I blasted away at it. I feel really good tonight.

:bow:

I'm proud of you, dude. And, if you were to have never started this thread, I would have never started this workout.

There is something about getting up the next day and thinking, "I don't want to do this!" But, after it's done, you do feel good.

;)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
5Stars;4496760 said:
:bow:

I'm proud of you, dude. And, if you were to have never started this thread, I would have never started this workout.

There is something about getting up the next day and thinking, "I don't want to do this!" But, after it's done, you do feel good.

;)

I'm proud of that fact to. It's the biggest reason I've made sure to keep posting in here, even during some of the times when I was the only one doing so, because I felt that if I did it would help someone else get motivated.

I'm very happy to see that it's helped motivate at least one other person to workout. That's as awesome as any results I'll personally get out of my own workouts.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Sweat 3-4 and Ab Ripper 200 got grand slammed today!!! Booyah! Best cardio workout I've ever done. I'm not talking about how good the workout itself is, cause yes it's great, I'm talking about this is the best I've ever personally done on any cardio workout. I killed this today.

I got about 190 of the 200 ab erps in. I struggle still with the legs straight in the air one but it's the only one I struggle to do. The rest I can get to my 20, even though they are burning like hell when I do. In a good way though.

And for the Sweat 3-4 today I kept my heart rate in the 75-80% rate for about 90 percent of the workout. I really brought it to this workout today and I'm feeling amazing because of it.

I'm getting back on track and the motivation is growing by the day as I continue to see improvements in my cardio and strength every time I do something. I'm popping out around 15-20 pushups on almost every push up type now and that's amazing. Last night i popped out 18 wide fly push ups in the final push up max sequence.

18! At the end of the workout.

I'm so stoked right now it's unbelievable. I hope everyone is having a great Easter weekend and keeping their workouts in.

Thank you all for being here to listen, or in this case read, my posts. Even if you don't respond to me, as there are too many of us to respond to everyone, I know you're reading and that in itself motivates me a great deal.

I want you to all know something and I mean this is the best way possible. This forum is awesome. We all have our differences, we get into arguments, we get upset with one another but I want you to know that I'm as proud as I can be to be a member of this forum with so many great folks a part of it and I love each and every one of you. You're all good people in my book and I appreciate you putting up with my occassional bull headed stubborness and piss poor attitudes.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I decided to take this day off and start again tomorrow. But, I feel skinny, weak, tired. I don't like it. I should have done my workout today. Now, I have to do it tomorrow. ;)

I'm going to get me a BigMac and some fries!

Later...(oh hell to the no)!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Sculpt 3-4 was completed today and it might be the most proud I am of any workout. Now let me explain.

Yesterday I was really sick. Flu or something so I was just out of it. In fact I went to sleep about 2 pm yesterday afternoon and other than a few minutes here and there to get up and go to the bathroom or get a drink of water, I slept straight through till 7 am this morning for work.
17 straight hours!!! Yes. I was out.

So today I wasn't sick anymore but I was really weak, and tired, and worn out cause of the illness yesterday and the sleep. I really didn't want to workout at all. I wanted to skip it. I almost did skip it.

But in the end I didn't. I decided I'd give it whatever I had tonight and I was able to complete about 85% of the workout with pretty much my normal numbers. Slightly less on some, right about the same on others, but most importantly I was able to get a large portion of it done and not miss a workout.

Which was very important to me.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4499802 said:
Sculpt 3-4 was completed today and it might be the most proud I am of any workout. Now let me explain.

Yesterday I was really sick. Flu or something so I was just out of it. In fact I went to sleep about 2 pm yesterday afternoon and other than a few minutes here and there to get up and go to the bathroom or get a drink of water, I slept straight through till 7 am this morning for work.
17 straight hours!!! Yes. I was out.

So today I wasn't sick anymore but I was really weak, and tired, and worn out cause of the illness yesterday and the sleep. I really didn't want to workout at all. I wanted to skip it. I almost did skip it.

But in the end I didn't. I decided I'd give it whatever I had tonight and I was able to complete about 85% of the workout with pretty much my normal numbers. Slightly less on some, right about the same on others, but most importantly I was able to get a large portion of it done and not miss a workout.

Which was very important to me.

Well, I'm glad you are feeling better, bro!

Today, and I'm telling you the truth here, I have not missed a day's workout yet since April 2nd when I started.

But, this morning, I just did not want to do the cardio, I wanted to skip and just sit my but down and watch some TV.

But, (you stupid cowboy fan)! I thought to myself, what would BraveHeartFan do? So, I changed into my workout shorts and shirt and shoes, and just went after it. It was a little hard today for some reason...but afterwards, I was so glad that I did it.

;)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
5Stars;4501258 said:
Well, I'm glad you are feeling better, bro!

Today, and I'm telling you the truth here, I have not missed a day's workout yet since April 2nd when I started.

But, this morning, I just did not want to do the cardio, I wanted to skip and just sit my but down and watch some TV.

But, (you stupid cowboy fan)! I thought to myself, what would BraveHeartFan do? So, I changed into my workout shorts and shirt and shoes, and just went after it. It was a little hard today for some reason...but afterwards, I was so glad that I did it.

;)

AWESOME! I love it! That's great to hear. You're going to be really happy at the end when you get great results because of days just like today. Great job.

Sweat 3-4 and Ab Ripper 200 was put down tonight. It was a pretty solid workout. I've done a bit better before but this was a pretty good night. I feel pretty tired and good about it.

phillycard

Reaction score
I'm thinking about the P90X. Maybe down the road, but I'll be honest. I've been having success by going to my gym, and working out with the XBox 360 Kinect of all things. The Sports game season 1 has the track and field and the boxing games. The boxing is awesome, but I found it too easy at first. This was until I found you can increase the skill level of your computer opponent. I put it on "professional" and I'll be damned if I don't feel like I'm in a real fight in the ring. I sweat buckets, and can barely go three rounds if I don't get knocked out by the computer before that. I literally need to sit down like a real boxer between rounds! As for the gym, besides doing both cardio and weights, I've been on the treadmill alternating walking then sprinting for short bursts. A friend of mine told me to try it, and it's been great! I'm down 16 pounds now in a little over a month. Good luck to everyone fighting the good fight!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What's ab ripper 200?

Im about 4% BF away from see'ing abs so im thinking about finally doing some ab exercises. I hate Ab exercises more than anything in the world. Even Squats.

I've done the Ab Ripper X for about a month but since my BF was higher I felt like it wasn't worth the effort just to get gains that I couldn't see.

So is the Ab ripper 200 killer? Im actually looking for something easier than Ripper x.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
phillycard;4501979 said:
I'm thinking about the P90X. Maybe down the road, but I'll be honest. I've been having success by going to my gym, and working out with the XBox 360 Kinect of all things. The Sports game season 1 has the track and field and the boxing games. The boxing is awesome, but I found it too easy at first. This was until I found you can increase the skill level of your computer opponent. I put it on "professional" and I'll be damned if I don't feel like I'm in a real fight in the ring. I sweat buckets, and can barely go three rounds if I don't get knocked out by the computer before that. I literally need to sit down like a real boxer between rounds! As for the gym, besides doing both cardio and weights, I've been on the treadmill alternating walking then sprinting for short bursts. A friend of mine told me to try it, and it's been great! I'm down 16 pounds now in a little over a month. Good luck to everyone fighting the good fight!

Just keep doing that.

There is no way p90X is a longterm solution. It will get you where you want to be but for consistency you gotta go to the gym imo.