Packers QB Jordan Love has agreed to a 4-year extension worth $220M

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I didn't say Jerry's plan was smart or that he is, and I don't know nor does anybody know, if Lance is his master plan. What is clear isi that he has lost faith in his HC and QB, and has no clue what to do when they are both gone next year? In Jerry's mind it is very plausible that just because they didn't pick up his 5th year, there is a chance they can resign him after the season. What is happening with this franchise has been par for the course over the last 30 years, and us suffering fans have to expect this year after year
But even that looks stupid. If you lost faith in Dak and Mike….get rid of them lol. I get it man what you’re saying….it makes sense and you hope it’s true. This front office is stupid and I’m starting to think Stephen is more to blame for this.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Yeah but also took their time in letting Rodger’s go. Screwed them over because they never got to take advantage of his rookie deal but they’ve drafted well thankfully for them.
Maybe it’s different if he’s getting regular 1st team reps in practice but the snaps love did get early on in his career were rough. Not sure if he was ready early on.

leeblair

Reaction score
Coddling? Why do you guys think Dallas does coddling? You guys need to wake up and realize you root for one of the most incompetent franchises in the NFL and the guys like Dak and Micah yall crap on are the only reasons they even win 12 games it sure as hell isn’t because of the front office.
We'll see.
If Dak stays,you guys can forget about a Super Bowl. You and some of the others here will be busy making up excuses for Dak for years to come.
If he goes somewhere else you can go there and make excuses.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe it’s different if he’s getting regular 1st team reps in practice but the snaps love did get early on in his career were rough. Not sure if he was ready early on.
Possibly. He was raw and needed to sit. I don’t know about for 3 years I can’t sit a first rounder that long.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We'll see.
If Dak stays,you guys can forget about a Super Bowl. You and some of the others here will be busy making up excuses for Dak for years to come.
If he goes somewhere else you can go there and make excuses.
Saying Jerry Jones sucks is not an excuse unless you’re a Jerry apologist and at that point we really shouldn’t discuss football. How about you leave if he stays?

plymkr

Reaction score
He’s shown nothing. He got this deal because Packers had no choice.
I agree. He’s shown nothing. Cousins got hurt, Fields regressed, if those 2 things don’t happen they don’t make the playoffs. But that’s not crazy part to me. The crazy part is what you said. The Packers had no choice. It’s crazy that an untested quarterback gets this deal because of timing more so than a consistent display of talent. If I was a Packers fan I’d be a little nervous on this one. If he’s not great or takes a step backwards then they’re in trouble. Unfortunately for Love is he doesn’t get to play a “burnt out” Dan Quinn defense every week. This will be interesting to watch moving forward.

plymkr

Reaction score
What option did they have? If you take the time to actual develop a player you are gonna be paying them with little real game experience. But the alternative is you develop them for some other team
I agree. The timing of the deal is a big part of why it’s so lucrative. The Packers were stuck with it. It’s crazy how timing and the market is the catalyst for big money contracts. Love is talented and showed he’s a playmaker. I said this earlier that if I’m a packers fan I’d be more comfortable with a larger sample size than one season but unfortunately for Packers fans and very fortunately for Love the timing was perfect for a big contract. I think it’s crazy the QB position is like this right now but it what it is. I feel the NFL is moving into a generation of time that and “starting” QB can hold the team hostage with the market value.

leeblair

Reaction score
Saying Jerry Jones sucks is not an excuse unless you’re a Jerry apologist and at that point we really shouldn’t discuss football. How about you leave if he stays?
I probably will. I still like talking football, but if Dak stays I am - to the best of my knowledge- done with the Cowboys. It's not just about Dak, but I can't waste any more years on a franchise that has become a circus act. Thirteen years of Garrett was bad enough; Dak simply continued Garrett's idiotic philosophies in his game.
Dak shouldn't be the starter, and Garrett shouldn't have been the head coach.
They are both a product of Jones' circus.
I grew up loving this franchise, but I don't think they are the same franchise I loved.
So- to the best of my knowledge and if I can do what I think I can in letting them go- I don't think I will ever care about them again, other than idle curiosity.
Actually, I think I am already there.

perrykemp

Reaction score
The post I replied to said he’s done enough to warrant the deal. When I say nothing I mean in relative to that statement. He had a great year. I’d invest in him I don’t care what the cost is. But there is risk involved in giving a one year wonder a deal. Eagles right now are figuring that out. Fortunately for the Packers Love has all the tools just doesn’t have the cheap rookie deal.
Got it. Agreed its a risk.

Loso86

Reaction score
I probably will. I still like talking football, but if Dak stays I am - to the best of my knowledge- done with the Cowboys. It's not just about Dak, but I can't waste any more years on a franchise that has become a circus act. Thirteen years of Garrett was bad enough; Dak simply continued Garrett's idiotic philosophies in his game.
Dak shouldn't be the starter, and Garrett shouldn't have been the head coach.
They are both a product of Jones' circus.
I grew up loving this franchise, but I don't think they are the same franchise I loved.
So- to the best of my knowledge and if I can do what I think I can in letting them go- I don't think I will ever care about them again, other than idle curiosity.
Actually, I think I am already there.
It's a Circus to pay Dak?. Some of our fans are just stuck in a loop.warm hole I swear

Loso86

Reaction score
People in here are clueless

J. Love is an elite nfl talent. There aren’t 4 better arms in the nfl. The last half of last season he was one of the best qbs in the nfl. You can’t teach what he can do

He will be a top 5 qb this season and beyond. You can take that to the bank
So now we pay on potential and not stats. Don't say SB because nobody playing has won it except for 3