Packers QB Jordan Love has agreed to a 4-year extension worth $220M

stiletto

Reaction score
Dak's agent, Todd Francis, is ruthless......................he has a reputation around the league as being a nut cutter.

On the open market, I think Francis will go for the jugular and demand $60 a year, just to make a statement.

Odds are there is at least one team that is desperate enough for a QB to do it.
Cool. That contract can be their problem...perfect.

stinkface

Reaction score
But what if he’s the guy? Then you let a franchise qb go. It’s smart IMO. You don’t have forever in this league. Packers have a window and they also did look good against San Fran.
Yep, Jordon and the Packers are headed up and we aren't. Accordingly, they were smart to get it done. Dak won't get any better. Do you pay the 10th to 15th rated QB 60 million per year who is as good as he is going to be? Hard decisions in Jerry world.

plymkr

Reaction score
Yeah man I mean he sat out. He played his leverage to the T. Lamb is gonna do the same and get paid.
Shows you that hard work and patience pays off. I’m happy for him and his family. He played it well. I’m all for players getting paid. I just wish there wasn’t a salary cap. This is a good example of how I wish a team can sign their homegrown talent with no hit on the cap, or a lesser hit. The Packers drafted him, developed him and they should be able to keep him without penalty. Just like us with Lamb, Dak and Micah. But for Love personally I’m happy for him.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Love was the best QB in the NFL the second half of the season, and rode it right into AT&T Stadium and curb stomped our Boys. I’d pay him too.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
Love was the best QB in the NFL the second half of the season, and rode it right into AT&T Stadium and curb stomped our Boys. I’d pay him too.
If he was our quarterback we would pay him. But he's not a quarterback.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
People in here are clueless

J. Love is an elite nfl talent. There aren’t 4 better arms in the nfl. The last half of last season he was one of the best qbs in the nfl. You can’t teach what he can do

He will be a top 5 qb this season and beyond. You can take that to the bank
Then I suppose we will see if he earned his big pay day. To this day Dak hasn't lived up to a damn thing that has been given to him, which is part of the reason why he is still not signed.

JBS

Reaction score
Then I suppose we will see if he earned his big pay day. To this day Dak hasn't lived up to a damn thing that has been given to him, which is part of the reason why he is still not signed.
Who said anything about Dak? I’m talking about Love

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Όλα τα συμβόλαια επαγγελματιών αθλητών βασίζονται σε οικονομικά στοιχεία και όχι σε αποφάσεις απόδοσης που βασίζονται στην αξία.

Brax

Reaction score
Packers better hope he's the next Farve/Rodgers.

If he's not they're in trouble seeing as how they are gonna have trouble putting major help around him.
Not according to some here, they say the cap is a myth and cap hell is a fictional story, just keep kicking it down the road and it magically disappears as the cap goes up. It doesn’t work for Jerry but the same folks can’t tell us why

Brax

Reaction score
Όλα τα συμβόλαια επαγγελματιών αθλητών βασίζονται σε οικονομικά στοιχεία και όχι σε αποφάσεις απόδοσης που βασίζονται στην αξία.
Only at one position

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not according to some here, they say the cap is a myth and cap hell is a fictional story, just keep kicking it down the road and it magically disappears as the cap goes up. It doesn’t work for Jerry but the same folks can’t tell us why
Just because it doesn’t work for Jerry doesn’t mean a thing. You have the worst GM in sports. I wouldn’t use him as some gauge that something doesn’t work.

Brax

Reaction score
It is every position. Buyer want is highest concerning the quarterback position. (Edit) In football, that is. Highest want varies by position from sport to sport--both team or individual sports based.
I disagree performance and results are major factors in all positions except the QB it appears that position is based on potential in most cases, just mho

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Dallas got him paid.

Guy had like 6 good games and smoked Dallas.
In my opinion the Packers did this for 2 reasons:

1. That's $55 million a year average, we already have others making that, Dak likely will get more than that, be it with Dallas or the Rams or whoever, so the Packers are locking Love in for what will be below market value in a year or two.
2. Yes, he only played 6 games, but the Packers are banking (pun intended) on what they saw in the Dallas win to be how Love will play from now on, in other words they've "hitching they wagon to a star" and hope like heck he's the next Brady or Mahomes.

Just my view, who knows what teams really think....

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree performance and results are major factors in all positions except the QB it appears that position is based on potential in most cases, just mho
Your opinion is shared by many. Pro athletes' compensation is tiered according to how much someone wants to pay them. It is rare when an NFL owner wants to pay a non-quarterback quarterback money, even when the non-quarterback may have established the performance numbers and probable future potential to support their compensation.

Economics.