Packers release Jaylon Smith

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Jaylon is like the boogeyman around here. Say his name three times in the mirror, I dare you.

No reason to cry over spilled milk at this point - we're moving forward.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His movement is not rally an issue. His complete lack of football instincts is the problem

Eagles fans will be all over this
This is inherently incorrect. He played at a high level in college and showed some brilliance at times in the NFL.

You think his loss against the sled is from "lack of instinct"?

The problem is the injury. He made some progress and his good instincts and athleticism allowed him to mask it. But it just became too much. The more he tried to hide the more it hurt his natural instincts.

When we got us a real LBer...it became painfully obvious.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Which is why i'm keeping an eye on this ,,,
- very well liked in locker room, ..
- could he be had for vet minimum ? ( 650K) ...
- could've still been playing here had he not declined the cut in salary demand,
- Cox season ending injury could've opened the door for a spare body part in return ?
- purely special teams and same depth-package role Cox had (sparingly limited)
- is there now too much bad blood between the Jaylon vs Cowboys organization now ?
- Will Cowboys rather more focus on Gifford and Bernard as reserve- emergency LBs ?

HE.......CAN'T........RUNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

John813

Reaction score
I don't know whether his leg injury made him timid, but this has to be a future lesson for the Cowboys.
Don't take injured players high in the draft, and when a player has a major injury, despite what the doctors tell you, they're not infallible.
Jaylon Smith was never the same after his injury. It was painful to see him sliding across the field, unable to change directions.
I don't see the need to ridicule him. He just wasn't the same. Fortunately, he'll leave better than most of us with millions in his bank account.
Still, I can mourn for potential unfulfilled.
Be well, Mr. Smith. Be well.

It's nuts. A high 2nd on a LB with a severe leg injury with nerve damage and then spend a 1st on a LB with a neck condition.

One thing to spend a pick on a guy like Lee who was just unlucky/glass but another to draft a player with a condition that is permanent.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I wonder if they did this today on purpose hoping Dallas would bring him back instead of trading for real defensive help?

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
I don't get the disdain for the guy. He was hurt. Its not his fault he can't play. He had an over-inflated sense of self worth, but that hardly makes him a bad guy.