Packers release Jaylon Smith

Redline360

Reaction score
Got to give the guy some credit for coming back from a devastating injury however his im elite attitude was atrocious

Even if he didn't suffer from that injury i'm willing to bet he would be an average LB. Has ZERO football awareness or instincts. He simply got away with freak athletic ability in college

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
That would be the wrong kind of speed. It's sad though. He is a cool guy and really wants to play but at this juncture he is a defensive liability. With his personality he could make it in the sports media.
Yep, wish him well.

Jipper

Reaction score
he will get another shot in the nfl on a weaker team....i honestly think he can be successful as a role player but can't be asked to be a lateral playing LB, he just doesnt have that ability anymore.

mrmojo

Reaction score
he will get another shot in the nfl on a weaker team....i honestly think he can be successful as a role player but can't be asked to be a lateral playing LB, he just doesnt have that ability anymore.
What kind of job is there for a role player that can only run a straight line....and not that fast either? He is done.......

nobody

Reaction score
Maybe assistant LB coach in his future.

You need good instincts and a true understanding of game film breakdown to be a coach. Jaylon has neither. He hid his lack of instincts with athleticism until he couldn't anymore. He just didn't seem to care about getting better at his craft thinking he was elite already.

So either his instincts suck or he avoided direct contact because he was making business decisions and then tackling everyone from behind when he could.

Is that what you want coaching? Not me.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Career’s over. Dude just can’t move enough to be a professional athlete. Wish him well.

Perfect post 817...we all kinda knew it, but hey.....it is what it is. The young man made a CRAP ton of money and earned most of it. I wish him nothing but the best. He's a helluva nice young dude. Kinda bummed the Pack tainted him with their Lambeau stench for two weeks. But seriously, he SHOULD be set for life and I think he'd be solid on TV too. Sure, it's crowded but there's always room for a cat like him.

Jipper

Reaction score
What kind of job is there for a role player that can only run a straight line....and not that fast either? He is done.......

i think he could be ok as a situational pass rusher and contribute on special teams...but hes not going to be the special player he was in college, sucks because that injury came at the literal end of his college career and has now killed his nfl career

Cmac

Reaction score
I applaud his effort.....and realistic about the decline. It's a business. The main thing he taught a lot of high prospects to the NFL.......don't take the chance in a Bowl Game, if you've survived that far, with so much hanging in the balance. Hope he latches on somewhere else in the league. While play declined, his character didn't, but he'd never get applauded for that, here. He was simply a Fall Guy to many.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
He should sign with the Rams then Arizona. He’ll be certain to get a Super Bowl ring.