Panthers Rescind Franchise Tag on Norman. Any interest

Carson

Reaction score
Been watching this guy play since he played ball at my Alma Mater. Sign him. Well worth it.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
word is that he didn't want to sign his tender, which prevented a potential trade

The trade would have been contingent on an agreement made with another team. Guess if he won't sign for 1 team at that price, he probably won't sign for another.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And because teams keep making the same errors over and over again, does not validate a thing.

There is little to suggest that teams spending vast amounts of real money and draft capital on DBs pays off in wins and titles.

Talk about a lack of basis in reality, look beyond Seattle and you will see a collection of teams in the last five years who have somehow survived in a passing league without paying disproportionate dollars out to their secondary.

It is not about "importance" of the position.

It is about the idea that like a lot of other positions, it means you better be good or lucky in evaluation. Plain and simple.

Save QB, it is perhaps the hardest position to evaluate and the clueless would rather throw resources at it than try to figure out where the evaluation process is missing.

Some teams know how to evaluate the secondary and don't have to spend top free agent dollars and a first round choice to do it.

Of course the money gets spent across the league on the positions that matter. There's literally no other reasonable way to look at it, and we both know it.

Every position is about being good or lucky in your evaluations, so that's not saying anything. And nobody has suggested we shouldn't be working to evaluate DBs as carefully as possible. If your argument is that we shouldn't draft DBs with premium picks because we can't evaluate them anyway, that at least I understand. Our track record has not been good. But if you can't take them high, you can't evaluate them properly when you take them low, and you can't sign them in FA, that leaves you with few options at one of the most important defensive positions on the field.

Last edited:

Satchel89

Reaction score
Go for it. Why not? Just try to get a bunch of good defensive backs because they can't get pass rushers that will stay off drugs. The QB will have all the time in the world to throw but the coverage will be excellent

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
I don't know if he wrecks the cap or is unaffordable but if the Cowboys don't place the call and kick the tires its negligence and complete incompetence. You have to turn over all stones to improve the team.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
Woah! That's unexpected.

It's definitely worth considering. That would take Ramsey out of the picture. Massive dollars though.

I don't know. Could you imagine a Byron Jones, Josh Norman and Jalen Ramsey backfield? Two of which would have the 5th year option. Whoa!

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I don't think he is interested in a low front type of deal. He wants big money and right now.
As he should. The NFL isn't the league to be wasting time. His value will never be higher than it is now.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Why would they do this? Unless there is a suspension looming. Which i doubt

CZh_RiQWYAAd31n.jpg

YR

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Think he wanted around 15 mil. Reported at least 6 teams have contacted his agent.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Wow, what a dick to leave a promising team like the panthers.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
The last SB winning team has a lot tied up in their secondary. Talib, Harris and Ward eat up a nice chunk of salary.

Sure they do, but so do pass rushers and interior linemen. Denver went all in to get a SB. Signing Benson, Jack, Kyle and then Norman is not the same as going all in.