Panthers trade for Stephon Gilmore

DFWJC

Reaction score
Interesting he didn't follow Brady to the Bucs. Now he will be playing against him.

They traded for Henderson and now Gilmore. That's quite the makeover in 2 weeks
After losing their best CB in week 3, they were in a bad place.
Pretty pro-active on their part!

kevm3

Reaction score
This passive FO is going to cost us. I'm not sure what is the problem this organization has with free agency but this passiveness is disgusting

John813

Reaction score
Interesting he didn't follow Brady to the Bucs. Now he will be playing against him.

They traded for Henderson and now Gilmore. That's quite the makeover in 2 weeks

Never got the chance to go to Tampa. Pats found a trade partner before they were going to proceed to cut him.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
6th round pick. Aaaaaaaand a huge contract (or let him walk next year)

If they let him walk next year, chances are the Panthers get a 3rd or 4th rd comp pick. So, the Panthers are paying $12M for Gilmore to play 10 games this year.

NE gets $12M in cap relief and loses the 3rd or 4th rd comp pick they would have got from letting Gilmore walk.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Annnnd we miss the boat again.

"We like Anthony Brown" - Jerry, probably.

Its not “just a six round pick”

Its a sixth round pick for a 10 game rental (he still has a couple of weeks before he’ll be able to play) or you have to give a 30 year old corner a huge new contract

Now I might still do it, but let’s stop pretending this is quite so simple

rambo2

Reaction score
After losing their best CB in week 3, they were in a bad place.
Pretty pro-active on their part!
Horrible move for them. Their offensive line isn't good enough to win.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This passive FO is going to cost us. I'm not sure what is the problem this organization has with free agency but this passiveness is disgusting

Jerry would do anything to win a Super Bowl…..

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Im sure this has to pass a physical also...again some on here crying about not getting a 31 year old injured player who maybe the best coach ever was going to just cut before he got a FUTURE 6th for him....come on man obviously there are some issues in play here...

rambo2

Reaction score
The 6th is not the issue! His contract was a deal breaker for us.
They can't give a 31 year old corner 10 times more money than the players that are currently making plays on this defense.

Majic

Reaction score
Fancied the Panthers to win the NFC South at the start of the season. I think we will have to play them again this season

rambo2

Reaction score
Lol, have you seen how well this team has been playing? This front office has been red hot this season.