Parsons: Dak should be in the MVP conversation

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dak does this every year.

He will put 4-5 games together where he looks like one of the best QBs in football. We have this debate basically every year about this.
Wrong comparative projection on direction. Oh, things are moving strongly forward and for defineable reasons...catch up with the whys.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Is Marcus Mosher angling to get invited over to Dak's for a sleepover?
No matter what it was that you said, if Marcus said something contrary...I'd go with Marcus 100% of the time. He's that knowledgeable way beyond even your base level of knowledge. Fact...not play!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No, but he’s been much better the last few games. He’s been top tier lately, after a very slow start.
He didn’t have a slow start, the new offense had a slow start. Except for a couple of games he’s been very efficient all season. We’ve started to open the offense up which has increased his numbers.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
There's still too much left of this season. As for now I just don't see him in that list. But if this team can beat it's playoff curse this year and is still playing in the end of January... anything goes.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak Prescott can be in the MVP conversation regardless of how anyone feels he is justified to be in the mix. That said, there are five examples from the end of the last game that should not re-occur in other ways for the team to not succeed from this point forward:

A false start​
Sack​
Incompletion​
Delay of game​
Pass thrown short of the endzone on 4th-and-Goal​

If so, it would push Prescott down-and-away from winning MVP instead of up-and-towards the league recognition. MVP candidates are not solely judged by personal statistics but also how their team fares during a season game-by-game. Fair? No but it is what it is.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
There's still too much left of this season. As for now I just don't see him in that list. But if this team can beat it's playoff curse this year and is still playing in the end of January... anything goes.
Imagine how much compensation he’ll command if he wins MVP. He’s getting near $60 million for next season if he’s the Cowboys’ quarterback with no contract extension. MVP QBs do not come cheap. I’m sure everyone here will support Dak signing the largest player contract in NFL history after winning MVP. Which is what he’ll get.

kskboys

Reaction score
Imagine how much compensation he’ll command if he wins MVP. He’s getting near $60 million for next season if he’s the Cowboys’ quarterback with no contract extension. MVP QBs do not come cheap. I’m sure everyone here will support Dak signing the largest player contract in NFL history after winning MVP. Which is what he’ll get.
Dak is not in the MVP conversation. He's not close to being the MVP. To be in it, Mahomes, Lamaar, Hurts, Burrows, Allen, Lawrence, and maybe even Stroud would all have to get hurt.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Is this a time we are supposed to be happy or mad the Micah has spoken?

It's hard to stay up around here

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
On ESPN’s midseason awards he was honorable mention, but not top three. Same as #11 for DPOY. All representation the Boys in midseason awards,

Momanpr100

Reaction score
This - he’s been good for sure but not great - had he not pooped the bed against sf and also found a way to win last week I think we’re having a different conversation
What Qb has looked great this year? None look elite this year

BoysForLife

Reaction score
No matter what it was that you said, if Marcus said something contrary...I'd go with Marcus 100% of the time. He's that knowledgeable way beyond even your base level of knowledge. Fact...not play!
I don't know what the cost of rent in your head should be, but I think it's pretty cool that I'm living there for free

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agree completely! If we go on a streak (that includes the next Philly game)…and he’s doing what he’s been doing recently, the narrative changes. He has to be great to out us where we need to be come playoff time. It’s the only way, in my book, we advance.
Oh no doubt. Agree. It’s setting up for him to be a good candidate if he wants it. I mean clearly winning is the goal but it goes hand in hand.