Video: Patrick Mahomes Sr. My son wanted to play for the Cowboys but chance faded after Dak's rookie year

phildadon86

Reaction score
Why do you keep saying Garrett? He was not in charge of the draft. He may have given input, but he does not do the draft itself.
His culture is why they passed on many players. The RKG mentality costed us great players. He may not have drafted players, but he sure as heck had influence.

Aven8

Reaction score
Alex Smith threw 26 TDs and 5 INTs his last season with the Chiefs.

Imagine Jerry dumping a QB after that kind of season.
To be fair he had Mahomes riding the pine and all year he dazzled the team during practices.

If Lance could do that for us that would be amazing

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
I'm not convinced Patrick would win here. The organization is broken and a QB ain't fixing it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
100 percent. We dont have that.

So you think Burrow was the reason? You dont think Chase had anything to do with it? QBs dont throw the ball to themselves. The QB position is the most important period. However Great QBs can still lose with bad teams around them.

Again.

Dan Marino.
If WRs were the reason for success then the Dolphins should be winning Super Bowls and the Chiefs shouldn’t be anywhere near it.

Joe Burrow without Chase has a 100 passer rating, 1,063 yards, 8 TDs, 3 INTs and a 3-1 record.

Burrow changed everything for the Bengals.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Well, you simply don't know that and it is just your opinion.
Its well documented. Go look it up. Garrett's culture was RKG. And they passed on players because of it. Are you new to this franchise? He has said that in press conferences lol.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If WRs were the reason for success then the Dolphins should be winning Super Bowls and the Chiefs shouldn’t be anywhere near it.

Joe Burrow without Chase has a 100 passer rating, 1,063 yards, 8 TDs, 3 INTs and a 3-1 record.

Burrow changed everything for the Bengals.
Ok. You wanna keep going down this road? Ill bite.

What happened in the SB when Mahomes had no OL?

Since he is who we are speaking about. What happened?

HMJYay

Reaction score
Mahomes would have probably gotten the Cowboys to a superbowl right now. He wouldn't be as good as he is with Reid.

The problem is Garrett would still be the coach and he would have held him back. There is a reason the guy isn't coaching anymore. It's similar to Dak, Jerry is in the mind set he's smarter then everyone else. When it doesn't work you find out the guy was only good enough for Jerry.

Romo was 3 times the QB Dak is and Garrett held him back. While Mahomes is a much better QB then Romo was, Garrett would have held him back too.

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm not convinced Patrick would win here. The organization is broken and a QB ain't fixing it.

People think you can just transplant a successful QB to any team and get the same results. No do doubt Mahomes is dam good, but has the coaching, the defense, the run game, the hall of fame TE.. it's all clicking for him. He dodged a bullet career wise or he could've started out with Jason Garrett and this clown show for a front office and be in a completely different boat right now.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Weren’t we also after Paxton Lynch that draft? Lol!
Its amazing that despite so many teams helping the Cowboys out by stopping the Jones' from making massive mistakes that they still cant seem to win big games when it matters.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You’re right.

Mahomes lost a Super Bowl once. He sucks and is a product of Andy Reid and his O-Line.

You win.
Dont get defensive. I asked you a question.

Why didnt Mahomes overcome the bad OL and win? Not downplaying QB at all. Just want you to realize that football is a team sport. I am not even defending you know who I am just pointing out the flaw in your argument that a great QB can win even with bad teams. When the QB you are arguing would win in the worst culture in football couldnt get it done when he lost 2 starters on the OL.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Reid was just another guy that couldn’t get it done until Mahomes showed up.
Before Mahomes, Andy Reid made the playoffs and even a Super Bowl with guys like Jeff Garcia, Alex Smith, and Kevin Kolb besides good QB's like Michael Vick and Donovan McNabb. Andy Reid will go down as a top three coach in league history, and given that he is only 65, has a legit shot at being the best ever.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dont get defensive. I asked you a question.

Why didnt Mahomes overcome the bad OL and win? Not downplaying QB at all. Just want you to realize that football is a team sport. I am not even defending you know who I am just pointing out the flaw in your argument that a great QB can win even with bad teams. When the QB you are arguing would win in the worst culture in football couldnt get it done when he lost 2 starters on the OL.
He made it all the way to a Super Bowl loss and you’re acting like he’s a bum and needs carried.

This is when the Dak fan in you starts to tear its ugly head.

MikeT22

Reaction score
If only the Raiders didn't take Connor Cook before us lol.

Romo still dies in preseason but Cook would tank the team bad enough to get a high pick in 2017 like the 2015 season.
I said at the time the worst thing is to have a QB you think is good enough, but isn’t, and stick with him long term.

You either get a great one or someone who early on shows he isn’t it so you can move on.

Obviously easier said than done because there are a lot of Daks, Kirk Cousins, Andy Daltons, Alex Smiths, etc who have littered the league with teams thinking they will eventually get over the hump but never do.