Video: Patrick Mahomes Sr. My son wanted to play for the Cowboys but chance faded after Dak's rookie year

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Before Mahomes, Andy Reid made the playoffs and even a Super Bowl with guys like Jeff Garcia, Alex Smith, and Kevin Kolb besides good QB's like Michael Vick and Donovan McNabb. Andy Reid will go down as a top three coach in league history, and given that he is only 65, has a legit shot at being the best ever.
He will only go down as a top 3 coach because of Mahomes.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's amazing to think where some players would be if they didn't fall into the perfect situation

1. Dak and Dallas - Team built to win, Romo gets hurt - Dak steps in with Zeke and now he's made over $220 million in contract and endorsements
2. Pat and KC - Reid and him are a perfect fit together - now he's on the doorstep of being GOAT
3. Tom and NE - injury on a deep team - steps in and never looks back
4. Purdy and SF - bus driver QB who somehow is in the conversation of being a top 10 QB in the league. Sorry, he's lucky GB didn't beat him and Dan Cambell in the coach in Det

Changing history where would they be?

1. Dak and Cleveland - probably a backup and only endorsements are a used car lot in Ohio.
2. Pat and Chicago - he's still good and has some playoff wins - but not on verge of being called the greatest ever
3. Tom and whomever - he was a bus driver the first 6 or so years on very deep teams. Not sure how many chances he gets on a bad team.
4. Purdy and not SF - backup, practice squad QB.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That isnt what I am saying at all. Stop gaslighting.
You’re looking for anything to tear down the greatness of Mahomes and how important the QB position is on a team.

I guarantee if we dig through your posts we’d find you saying Mahomes wont be as great now that Hill is gone and stuff like that, since you’re trying to downplay Burrows success by giving Chase more credit, I guarantee you’ve said things like that about Mahomes/Hill.

Thats the Dak fan in you talking. When you’re great you raise everyone around you. That’s what Mahomes does. You’ve been watching losers like Romo and Dak for so long maybe you’ve forgotten that.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You’re looking for anything to tear down the greatness of Mahomes and how important the QB position is on a team.

I guarantee if we dig through your posts we’d find you saying Mahomes wont be as great now that Hill is gone and stuff like that, since you’re trying to downplay Burrows success by giving Chase more credit, I guarantee you’ve said things like that about Mahomes/Hill.

Thats the Dak fan in you talking. When you’re great you raise everyone around you. That’s what Mahomes does. You’ve been watching losers like Romo and Dak for so long maybe you’ve forgotten that.
Not at all. I have said millions of times I would trade Dak and a kidney for Mahomes. All i pointed out was that then the OL wasnt good neither was he. WR's werent mentioned with Mahomes. Thats all. You are trying to make this into something it isnt.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
So glad Dallas was able to avoid Mahomes. All those super bowls would have been awful. Dallas is in a much better place with Dak.

/s

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The thing is if you really look at Prescott's rookie year it isn't that impressive. Certainly not we have found our QB impressive. He was carried by a dominant OL and best RB in the league. Yet still looked incompetent several times that year when he faced top defenses.

He was a bus driver that year and it apparently really impressed the two morons running this team.

jwitten82

Reaction score
It's amazing to think where some players would be if they didn't fall into the perfect situation

1. Dak and Dallas - Team built to win, Romo gets hurt - Dak steps in with Zeke and now he's made over $220 million in contract and endorsements
2. Pat and KC - Reid and him are a perfect fit together - now he's on the doorstep of being GOAT
3. Tom and NE - injury on a deep team - steps in and never looks back
4. Purdy and SF - bus driver QB who somehow is in the conversation of being a top 10 QB in the league. Sorry, he's lucky GB didn't beat him and Dan Cambell in the coach in Det

Changing history where would they be?

1. Dak and Cleveland - probably a backup and only endorsements are a used car lot in Ohio.
2. Pat and Chicago - he's still good and has some playoff wins - but not on verge of being called the greatest ever
3. Tom and whomever - he was a bus driver the first 6 or so years on very deep teams. Not sure how many chances he gets on a bad team.
4. Purdy and not SF - backup, practice squad QB.
Honestly, I felt the same way about Purdy, but after that last game. He didn't drive the bus, he made plays with his arms and legs, I didn't think he had that in him

Praxit

Reaction score
I think Mahomes got the perfect coach to play for in Reid, and despite how good Mahomes has played, there's no telling what Garrett would have done with him or how Garrett would have coached him compared to Reid.
..oh man, good points. Reid is a REAL coach. JG was Ivy League coach with accolades on the wall.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Just something else for everyone to hate Dak for. He cost us Mahomes. Lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This conference has been average for awhile now. To think Mahomes would not have had us in position to take over the NFC the last several years is crazy talk.
I think to assume that would be thinking Andy Reid and Jason Garrett are on the same level….and that’s just not smart.