Video: Patrick Mahomes Sr. My son wanted to play for the Cowboys but chance faded after Dak's rookie year

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then you wonder why I use the 666 # ........................
Dang, he even cost us Mahomes.
VODOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
You can run with this tidbit for another eight, ten months, easy. :laugh:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If you don't think proper coaching has had anything to do with Mahomes' development you must not have seen him play in college.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
Thankfully for him he went to a competent franchise and a HOF coach. Alex Smith said the chiefs GM had been talking about Mahomes since his freshman year

Aftershock

Reaction score
I think Mahomes got the perfect coach to play for in Reid, and despite how good Mahomes has played, there's no telling what Garrett would have done with him or how Garrett would have coached him compared to Reid.
Mahomes is a once in a generation talent that would have out played coaching deficiencies. Would we have two rings under Mike? Uncertain. However what I do know is that another generational talent in Rodgers was able to over come MM’s deficiencies.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can run with this tidbit for another eight, ten months, easy. :laugh:
I've earned every post trust me on this one.
Every POST!!!!
666 as 2 not 1 QB went down vs Seattle for him to take over a massively loaded offense with a rookie sensation called ZEKE.
8 years later we got SQUAT to show............Linda Blair you should have kept him inside you!!! :muttley:

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Mohames will be a COWBOY at the end of his career. it will be almost like Peyton manning going to the broncos. He will end our drought in about 8-9 years, and solidify himself as the GOAT.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would have endured 10 more years of Garrett if we could have had Mahomes instead of Dak all these years.
Why? We'd only have been calling for Dallas to draft a different QB when Mahomes failed in the playoffs because of Garrett.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Probably the best decision of his nfl career!!!!
that what I was gonna say lol.
edit
it would have never happened because jerry wasnt into mahomes, just another qb to jerry, and jerry had dak !!!!! so why draft another qb??lol

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Ok. You wanna keep going down this road? Ill bite.

What happened in the SB when Mahomes had no OL?

Since he is who we are speaking about. What happened?
Kid has been to 4 superbowls in 6 years as a starter.

And yea ....... he lost to the GOAT at QB .......

But I do not even see how the fiercest of Dak supporters (which I am one) could even compare Dak and Mahomes.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Kid has been to 4 superbowls in 6 years as a starter.

And yea ....... he lost to the GOAT at QB .......

But I do not even see how the fiercest of Dak supporters (which I am one) could even compare Dak and Mahomes.
I’m not. At all.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Whe Mahomes waa coming in, the league was saying Texas Tech qbs were system qbs. Not NFL qbs.
At least two high profile "draft experts" said they didn't understand what Reid sees in Mahomes. I'll bet they know now.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Mahomes would have had his career destroyed here. This is where ppl dream of playing until they realize were an entertainment business not in the business to win football games. He is in a better place without a doubt.