Patrick Robinson "expected to sign" Per Rapoport

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I wouldn't be so quick to give either player a spot. But that would be nice if at least one of them earns it.

Well, they were on the team a year ago and both got a fair amount of playing time. I would think they have the inside track but yes, you want them to earn it.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
And while I typed, Larry Brown just picked off Neil O'Donnell to seal the deal against the Squealers....replay of Super Bowl XXX. Emmitt powers it in.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No offense to you for sharing, but this just sounds like he's speculating and hoping it gives him a jump start on his competition.

It sounds like he's talked to Robinson's agent to me. Rap is wrong a fair time but that is because of the nature of his sources. In this case, I give the report credence. An agent loses leverage by saying they are going to sign.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It sounds like he's talked to Robinson's agent to me. Rap is wrong a fair time but that is because of the nature of his sources. In this case, I give the report credence. An agent loses leverage by saying they are going to sign.

Oh yeah, no doubt. A lot of this stuff is agents manipulating the news in efforts to increase their leverage and asking price.

I'd be happy with the signing as long as it wasn't over $3 million a year.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Do people know something I don't? Carr was rated as one of the worst cb in the league and Robinson was one of the top tier cb. So how are people saying they don't know if it will be an upgrade? I don't understand

MikeT22

Reaction score
Oh yeah, no doubt. A lot of this stuff is agents manipulating the news in efforts to increase their leverage and asking price.

I'd be happy with the signing as long as it wasn't over $3 million a year.

And if it means we won't draft Ramsey or Hargreaves in the first.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
Do people know something I don't? Carr was rated as one of the worst cb in the league and Robinson was one of the top tier cb. So how are people saying they don't know if it will be an upgrade? I don't understand

Because people don't know what they're talking about.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Hope they're friendly. Robinson isn't worth more. Morris only makes sense as a goal line type back. While I could easily see him improving his yards per carry in Dallas he is a one dimensional player. I want a run/pass threat out of the backfield at all times.

Good thing you have Dunbar now....:muttley:

Junglist

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys strike again. The Dallas Cowboys are the best.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Not everybody pays attention to PFF and goes off that as gospel.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I can't be the only one expecting to see a "Robinson signs with (insert team here)" headline any moment now.....

Sydla

Reaction score
Not everybody pays attention to PFF and goes off that as gospel.

It doesn't take PFF to see that Robinson is probably no worse than Carr's equal at a fraction of the cost.

Not sure how anyone could really have an issue with this signing if it comes.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It doesn't take PFF to see that Robinson is probably no worse than Carr's equal at a fraction of the cost.

Not sure how anyone could really have an issue with this signing if it comes.

They are about the same as far as I am concerned, second tier CBs. Obviously the money is the bigger deal.