Paxton Lynch Plays Today at 11 am

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
I'd still maintain that it's a hard sell with your team to draft a QB in the top five knowing that the fanbase may not seem him for 2-3 years. Ideally, if you can get someone in the Wentz in the second, I think most people would rather see this scenario.

Lynch is actually perfect in this scenario because he's the most raw out of himself, Goff, Wentz, and Cook. Need a full year to get his footwork and mechanics corrected, but he's easily the best prospect.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lynch is like this year's Winston where everyone goes OMG STATS and thinks Goff/Mariota is a better prospect.

I dont think anyone said marriota is the better prospect. They said Winston was an idiot and not worth the risk.

jordan4vols

Reaction score
Can't judge by one game. Have always wanted Goff over Lynch and I could be way wrong years down the road but I don't think anything from their bowl games has changed my mind. Goff has looked much more impressive

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So that makes him a better prospect than Goff who does not have to work on his footwork or mechanics? Jerry...Is that you?

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
I dont think anyone said marriota is the better prospect. They said Winston was an idiot and not worth the risk.
So that makes him a better prospect than Goff who does not have to work on his footwork or mechanics? Jerry...Is that you?

Lynch is dripping with raw talent so yes it would. That's why Winston was taken before Mariota

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

The leap from top college ball to the NFL is a gigantic one. I don't want to risk a top5 pick on someone who MIGHT make that leap.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I'd still maintain that it's a hard sell with your team to draft a QB in the top five knowing that the fanbase may not seem him for 2-3 years. Ideally, if you can get someone in the Wentz in the second, I think most people would rather see this scenario.

If either Goff or Lynch get drafted by Dallas, he will not sit for 2-3 years. It is a pipe dream to think that Romo will go through another season without getting hurt. Either of the Qb's , if drafted by Dallas will make their NFL debut in their rookie year.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He's the #1 QB prospect in the nation

Based on his size, his arm and athleticism. But every scout will tell you he is far from a finished product.

Can he make the switch to under center snaps and he learn the progressions and reads?

AzorAhai

Reaction score
If either Goff or Lynch get drafted by Dallas, he will not sit for 2-3 years. It is a pipe dream to think that Romo will go through another season without getting hurt. Either of the Qb's , if drafted by Dallas will make their NFL debut in their rookie year.

And that would be dumb. They should go out and get a legitimate b/u QB in FA and if drafted, Lynch/Goff should be the number 3 QB. That would give the team the best shot to win now and maximize the future of the franchise. Either one should not see the field for the 1st year unless it's an emergency.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
There are a whole bunch of qbs dripping with raw talent that are not in the league for long. Give me the guy who throws with accuracy and has great mechanics and pocket presence every time.

Name some

Sydla

Reaction score
Name some

Jamarcus Russell.

David Carr.

Just two quick ones off the top of my head............... guys drafted high with great raw talent.

Lynch is easily the scariest prospect in the Top 10. High reward but massive amounts of risk. Any time "the best QB prospect" in the draft needs to refine his footwork and mechanics, that should send up red flags left and right.

chuch

Reaction score
Comparing Lynch's situation to Winston's is pretty out in left field.

Seriously. Peyton Manning/Ryan Leaf is a closer comparison (although I don't think Lynch is on Leaf's trajectory)

Ryan Leaf had more tools and the stronger arm and a better QB rating in college.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score

Not everyone is a Veruca Salt ( I need to see our #1 pick play NOWWWW! ). I'd rather feel good about the future knowing we have a real shot at replacing Romo in a few years with quality instead of trash myself.

Despite Wentz being lauded up on this forum by many, there is a reason he is rated much lower than Goff/Lynch. Doesn't mean he won't pan out, but it's not as likely as Goff/Lynch scenario. And besides, doubt he'll be there in the second for us anyway.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
And that would be dumb. They should go out and get a legitimate b/u QB in FA and if drafted, Lynch/Goff should be the number 3 QB. That would give the team the best shot to win now and maximize the future of the franchise. Either one should not see the field for the 1st year unless it's an emergency.

I have to believe JJ will get a vet backup regardless of whether they draft a QB. That would mean having 3 QB's on the 53, but that's the price you have to pay. No way do I think they would draft a player and use him as the primary backup.