Pay Dak vs Don't Pay Dak

conner01

Reaction score
I think we have moved up 2 spots....Chargers / Jags still playing....one of those guys get to 2 wins...so we move up to # 1/8. Oh the joy of sucking...in a year when everyone is tanking for Lawrence. NFL should investigate...

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl
A bad year has its benefits
If we get in top 5 we can get a very good player and there is always good talent near top of 2nd

Section446

Reaction score
No wya you pay him, he's not the answer. Let him go and blow this thing up.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
What was Dak's Win/Loss Ratio this season? He's a good Quarterback and better than Dalton, but the only one looking foolish is the one patting himself on the back without presenting a solid case for his argument.

The response being "but what was the team's record over an extremely small sample size in which there were multiple close games, with a historically bad defense and special teams", despite the player being a 20+ point swing is about the most stupid responses anyone could possibly come up with.

I promise you, you look far more foolish.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
WRONG!

Dak is a bonafied franchise Top 5 QB in the league right now. He's in his prime. QBs like Dak don't grow on trees.

A rookie QB would take 2-3 years to mature and learn the game at the NFL level. By that time, most of the team would be "over the hill" and definitely rebuilding.

Top 5 QB in the league?????

Let's see: Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, Jackson, Brees, Roethlisberger are all better than Dak. Then you could argue that Murray, Cousins, Brady, Ryan, Stafford, Allen, and Watson are equal to or better than Dak.

So to say he is a Top 5 QB is a big stretch.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I am uncertain I see your point.

Last year Dallas was 8-8 and Dak had his best statistical year. This season Dak was having a great statistical season but the team was 1-3 heading into the 5th game wherein he was lost for the season.

So given the holes on defense and the need to replenish the OL how will devoting $35M+ a season help fill those holes?

While Dak has shown himself better than Dalton, he was still 12-16 in his last 28 games dating back to the mid way part of the 2018 season.

I get the desire to stick with Dak based on his personal stats the last 20 games and the fear of trying to find a replacement but this team needs to be rebuilt in far too many areas to think Dak will lead the team anywhere but 8-8.

If you can't see that Dak was covering up a multitude of holes while he was active you're beyond saving. Lmao.

Simply because the rest of the team sucks, doesn't make the subject player not worth a certain contract.

This is what I'm talking about when it comes to using smart logic and not.

sillycon

Reaction score
This team has way too many holes to be paying one guy that much money. If this were a Super Bowl bound team then I can understand overpaying for Dak. However, this team isn't and Dak isn't an otherworldly talent that can command that type of money. I'm just ready to blow up this team and start over (provided Jerry is out of the picture). That's a shame because my favorite players are Tyron Smith, Sean Lee, and Zack Martin and they deserve to see playoff success...

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Top 5 QB in the league?????

Let's see: Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, Jackson, Brees, Roethlisberger are all better than Dak. Then you could argue that Murray, Cousins, Brady, Ryan, Stafford, Allen, and Watson are equal to or better than Dak.

So to say he is a Top 5 QB is a big stretch.

You think Ben and Brees are better than Dak!?!?!?!?!? Are you fcking high!?!?!!?!?

Murray, Cousin, and Stafford also mentioned. Yeah you know absolutely nothing about football. Leave that to the rest of us.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
If you can't see that Dak was covering up a multitude of holes while he was active you're beyond saving. Lmao.

Simply because the rest of the team sucks, doesn't make the subject player not worth a certain contract.

This is what I'm talking about when it comes to using smart logic and not.

You can insult people all you want but by your own logic "Dak was covering up a multitude of holes" and "the rest of the team sucks" points directly to how giving Dak $35M+ a season is going to do anything to help the whole team given he was making a small amount last season and the team ended up 8-8 after his best statistical season in his career.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You can insult people all you want but by your own logic "Dak was covering up a multitude of holes" and "the rest of the team sucks" points directly to how giving Dak $35M+ a season is going to do anything to help the whole team given he was making a small amount last season and the team ended up 8-8 after his best statistical season in his career.

He was already taking up $35M+ this season and we went toe to toe with the Seahawks and Rams, while winning two other games.

Thinking not paying a player what he's worth because other players at other positions aren't living up to their contracts seems to be the only defense you have and I got to say I feel bad for you.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You think Ben and Brees are better than Dak!?!?!?!?!? Are you fcking high!?!?!!?!?

Murray, Cousin, and Stafford also mentioned. Yeah you know absolutely nothing about football. Leave that to the rest of us.

Yes, Ben and Drew are both better than Dak.

As I said, you can insult people all you want in your Dak defense but at the the end of the day insults do nothing to help your position.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
He was already taking up $35M+ this season and we went toe to toe with the Seahawks and Rams, while winning two other games.

Thinking not paying a player what he's worth because other players at other positions aren't living up to their contracts seems to be the only defense you have and I got to say I feel bad for you.

Toe to toe but both games ended in a loss for Dallas. Again, if you dedicate such a large % of the team's salary to Dak knowing the defense sucks how will you fix the defense?

Anyway, good luck with the insults.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yes, Ben and Drew are both better than Dak.

As I said, you can insult people all you want in your Dak defense but at the the end of the day insults do nothing to help your position.

It does make sense now why you think it isn't a good idea to pay Dak, when these are your other takes regarding QB.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Toe to toe but both games ended in a loss for Dallas. Again, if you dedicate such a large % of the team's salary to Dak knowing the defense sucks how will you fix the defense?

Anyway, good luck with the insults.

DRAFT BETTER PLAYERS AND SIGN BETTER FREE AGENTS, IT'S NOT HARD!!!!!!

Dak already took up a big chunk, and we fielded what the majority of fans and analysts thought was the best defensive rosters we've had in years. Those players didn't turn out. This isn't rocket science, this is so simple.

Eddie

Reaction score
Weren't we 1-3 with Dak? Weren't we 8-8 with Dak last year on a rookie deal?

How do we expect to get better with a $30+ million QB ???

USArmyVet

Reaction score
It does make sense now why you think it isn't a good idea to pay Dak, when these are your other takes regarding QB.

Just note that at no point did I insult you but simply offered another angle to the debate in a respectful, well thought out manner but you resorted to name calling and insults which defeats any position you can take before it even begins.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Just note that at no point did I insult you but simply offered another angle to the debate in a respectful, well thought out manner but you resorted to name calling and insults which defeats any position you can take before it even begins.

You just said well thought out manner when in fact is was...... the exact opposite lol

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You just said well thought out manner when in fact is was...... the exact opposite lol

You just make yourself look childish with your replies and playground antics. I am not sure if you have children but just because a child has a temper tantrum does not make them right and does not mean you give in to their demands.