Pay Prescott!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Does it matter? He was hated while only making $660K. He's going to be hated no matter what.

Who's he and who is it that you are suggesting "hate" him? For the record, if it's Dak you refer to, then I probably don't agree. Taking a position against paying Dak a certain amount of money doesn't suggest, doesn't support, doesn't validate, the idea that people hate him. It just means that people don't support the idea of spending in that fashion, based on the body of work we have seen.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Does it matter? He was hated while only making $660K. He's going to be hated no matter what.
I think the hate rhetoric is over rated. There’s been much to praise and critic during his tenure. Most want him and the team to be successful.

There’s always going to be extremes on both sides but I think more are in the middle. And see him as an average to above average QB who should be compensated accordingly.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Who's he and who is it that you are suggesting "hate" him? For the record, if it's Dak you refer to, then I probably don't agree. Taking a position against paying Dak a certain amount of money doesn't suggest, doesn't support, does validate, the idea that people hate him. It just means that people don't support the idea of spending in that fashion, based on the body of work we have seen.
I think you're smart enough to be able to tell the difference.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I think the hate rhetoric is over rated. There’s been much to praise and critic during his tenure. Most want him and the team to be successful.

There’s always going to be extremes on both sides but I think more are in the middle. And see him as an average to above average QB who should be compensated accordingly.
People use words like hate to discredit and to silence disagreement. Like you said most are in the middle with some extremist on both sides.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Perhaps. I don't think the deal gets done till the offseason but IDK. Either way, I'm against pay Dak until he proves he can get it done against quality teams. We can say he's earned it but how do you argue that any QB is worth a record deal if he doesn't even have a winning percentage against winning teams? I just don't get that.
Do you have any idea what you're talking about? How many QBs have winning records against winning teams in your fantasy world?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Well, there are those that would argue he made a case for 12.5 in the Jets game. I mean, it's one extreme to another, I get it, but this is why its literally stupid to argue this point, week to week. If a discussion is going to happen, over the play of Dak, it should happen at the end of the season. Once you have a clear picture of exactly what he has done over the season.

That's just my opinion.
And it maybe what they are going to do is wait. If the offer is 30 a year from JJ then it’s not a far reach to hear Dak gamble on himself. We should have offered the 30 before wentz got signed.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think you're smart enough to be able to tell the difference.

I'm also smart enough to smoke somebody out when they may be referencing something related to a discussion that is against the rules of this board. If you are willing to post any idea, then you should be willing to explain your position on it. This is what I'm asking here because I want no confusion and I, myself, do not want to be labeled as anything other then a fan who values fiscal prudence.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I'm also smart enough to smoke somebody out when they may be referencing something related to a discussion that is against the rules of this board. If you are willing to post any idea, then you should be willing to explain your position on it. This is what I'm asking here because I want no confusion and I, myself, do not want to be labeled as anything other then a fan who values fiscal prudence.
Got it, maybe I gave you too much credit to be able to identify posters who are just Dak haters and people who actually can have an objective opinion. My bad. Carry on.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Do you have any idea what you're talking about? How many QBs have winning records against winning teams in your fantasy world?

Do you? It's obvious you think you know the answer here so go ahead and tell us, how many QBs with record deals have winning records against winning teams?

But really, that's not even material to the statement, though I'm very interested in hearing your answer. The question was, so that you can be sure you are on the same page is, why would anybody pay a record deal to a QB who does not have a winning record against winning teams?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
And it maybe what they are going to do is wait. If the offer is 30 a year from JJ then it’s not a far reach to hear Dak gamble on himself. We should have offered the 30 before wentz got signed.

I actually think it's the Dak camp who wants to wait and I don't ever believe they were going to accept 30. I believe that had Jerry offered 30 before the Wentz deal, his agent would have simply taken that as proof they can ask for even more. Look at the agent here. Check out his history on contract negotiations. That tells you everything you need to know about what is going on and what was probably the plan from the start.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Got it, maybe I gave you too much credit to be able to identify posters who are just Dak haters and people who actually can have an objective opinion. My bad. Carry on.

Perhaps. On the other hand, maybe you are giving yourself too much? It's a mental exercise that I find to be very valuable in life, that whole inward reflection thing.

Ponder that perhaps. In the mean time, please do answer the question posed. Who is he and who is it, exactly, that you suggest hate him regardless. Why do you suggest they carry this hatred? If your not willing to answer those questions, then you should not be accusing anybody of anything. Have the convictions of your statements.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Perhaps. On the other hand, maybe you are giving yourself too much? It's a mental exercise that I find to be very valuable in life, that whole inward reflection thing.

Good luck with that.
Perhaps and thank you. I wish you luck in your endeavors as well! :thumbup:

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Do you? It's obvious you think you know the answer here so go ahead and tell us, how many QBs with record deals have winning records against winning teams?

But really, that's not even material to the statement, though I'm very interested in hearing your answer. The question was, so that you can be sure you are on the same page is, why would anybody pay a record deal to a QB who does not have a winning record against winning teams?
You made the statement Clarence. Cough up the goods or admit you're yanking it out of your ***. And of course I know the answer. Knowing what Im talking about is a prerequisite for me. You should give it a shot sometime

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You made the statement Clarence. Cough up the goods or admit you're yanking it out of your ***. And of course I know the answer. Knowing what Im talking about is a prerequisite for me. You should give it a shot sometime

Edit: I'm all over the place today, posted the wrong response to the wrong poster.

The only statement I made is that Dak doesn't have a winning record against winning teams and that's been reported repeatedly. Do you dispute that? If so, then prove your point.

Lastly, who's Clarence, is that your dog or something? Try not be an asshat. Try hard.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Ponder that perhaps. In the mean time, please do answer the question posed. Who is he and who is it, exactly, that you suggest hate him regardless. Why do you suggest they carry this hatred? If your not willing to answer those questions, then you should not be accusing anybody of anything. Have the convictions of your statements.
Full disclosure, I have actually edited the post you responded to and after reading the edit, you may feel differently.
OK, if i have to give you an example. Do you think Pappydog cares if Dak makes $660K, $30 million or $40 million? He's going to hate Dak regardless. Can you not see the difference between yourself and Pappy?

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
This sounds like an opinion piece to me. You should consider just saying it. IMO, it's as simple as that really.

I mean I get it, you don't want to be on the record and I think we both know why. I'll give it it's due and probably never think about it again as it's not worth the effort. Say what you mean and stand up to it or take it else where. I'm not 14, not interested innuendo gymnastics.
You made the claim. All of this dissembling is nothing but a poor attempt to hide the fact that you're making stuff up because as always you can't buy a clue. You're a sad person. C'mon coward. Back it up