Pay Prescott!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because I'm right. I've been right forever. I was right about Romo, and I'm right about Dak. Romo showed he was a franchise worthy QB from the beginning, and so has Dak. Jerry is going to pay Dak because he knows Dak is worth it. It will be AT LEAST $32 million but likely more.

October the 23rd 2019 and Dak is still without that mega-deal you've been preaching about since the spring.
Might as well post that 6 pack photo again and maybe the Chippendales dancers might give him the 30+ million you're blabbing about.
Jerry and Son are waiting for him to prove it against some real defenses that are scheduled ahead.
Really not brain surgery here bud.
Money talks and BS walks!

glimmerman

Reaction score
It is. I get into these discussion and people get the idea that I don't like Dak or whomever the player, in question, might be. That's not really the case. I like players but I value sound financial management. I don't go with popular opinion on lots of things. I don't believe in soundbite management practices.

People jump on the whole, Market Value, going rate thing. I say you don't pay a player record deals until they prove things on the field and in their personal lives. I like Dak but he doesn't have a winning record against winning teams. He has beaten bad Defensive teams this season. He has lost to good Defensive teams. Prove you can consistently beat good Defenses and I'll get on board with paying Dak the kind of deal he and his agent want. But not until then.

JMO
I really think he is signed before the next game. Not that I don’t agree with what your saying but JJ is already sold on him. I would pay him 32 or 32.5 if he has to have more than wentz and he has certainly played better. Expecting a deal around 33-34. Ground breaking part will probly be the guaranteed money or signing bonus...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I really think he is signed before the next game. Not that I don’t agree with what your saying but JJ is already sold on him. I would pay him 32 or 32.5 if he has to have more than wentz and he has certainly played better. Expecting a deal around 33-34. Ground breaking part will probly be the guaranteed money or signing bonus...

Perhaps. I don't think the deal gets done till the offseason but IDK. Either way, I'm against pay Dak until he proves he can get it done against quality teams. We can say he's earned it but how do you argue that any QB is worth a record deal if he doesn't even have a winning percentage against winning teams? I just don't get that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is. I get into these discussion and people get the idea that I don't like Dak or whomever the player, in question, might be. That's not really the case. I like players but I value sound financial management. I don't go with popular opinion on lots of things. I don't believe in soundbite management practices.

People jump on the whole, Market Value, going rate thing. I say you don't pay a player record deals until they prove things on the field and in their personal lives. I like Dak but he doesn't have a winning record against winning teams. He has beaten bad Defensive teams this season. He has lost to good Defensive teams. Prove you can consistently beat good Defenses and I'll get on board with paying Dak the kind of deal he and his agent want. But not until then.

JMO
Yep

I think we all or at least most of us agree we should pay Dak and make him our franchise QB. The bigger discussion is how much?

It’s been reported he’s already turned down the mid 30 million range

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
19unCZrBZVFoufls2zCuRFA.jpeg

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
October the 23rd 2019 and Dak is still without that mega-deal you've been preaching about since the spring.
Might as well post that 6 pack photo again and maybe the Chippendales dancers might give him the 30+ million you're blabbing about.
Jerry and Son are waiting for him to prove it against some real defenses that are scheduled ahead.
Really not brain surgery here bud.
Money talks and BS walks!
Jerry & Son have offered $30 mil. Dak knows he's worth more, so he's optioning to play out the season and increase his worth close to $40. Jerry & Son pulled the same stunt against both Zeke and Tank, and they lost both times. By season's end, if it gets to that, Dak's worth is going to be around $40 mil/season, especially if Dak takes the Cowboys to a conference championship game. Get ready to eat some crow, and make sure you honor your work about willing to disappear for a whole season if Dak gets paid big bucks.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Perhaps. I don't think the deal gets done till the offseason but IDK. Either way, I'm against pay Dak until he proves he can get it done against quality teams. We can say he's earned it but how do you argue that any QB is worth a record deal if he doesn't even have a winning percentage against winning teams? I just don't get that.
He helped get the team to win the division and the playoffs twice in 3 years. And won a playoff game. You don’t do that by beating all bad teams. And I am not sticking up for him in any way. I think he has shown enough to the FO. Perhaps not us and I do think that maybe they might be waiting to see what happens. Obvious the offer went up after the first 3 games. And dropped after the last 3. Or maybe it don’t matter at all. Certainly helped his case by helping to win this last divisional game to take control of our division. We need the division to get to the playoffs.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yep

I think we all or at least most of us agree we should pay Dak and make him our franchise QB. The bigger discussion is how much?

It’s been reported he’s already turned down the mid 30 million range
32-34. He made a case for at least 32.5 after Sunday night. Lol.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Jerry & Son have offered $30 mil. Dak knows he's worth more, so he's optioning to play out the season and increase his worth close to $40. Jerry & Son pulled the same stunt against both Zeke and Tank, and they lost both times. By season's end, if it gets to that, Dak's worth is going to be around $40 mil/season, especially if Dak takes the Cowboys to a conference championship game. Get ready to eat some crow, and make sure you honor your work about willing to disappear for a whole season if Dak gets paid big bucks.
That sounds good because in order to get that much we will have a SB ring. But JG will still be your HC.. lol.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:huh::muttley:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
32-34. He made a case for at least 32.5 after Sunday night. Lol.

Well, there are those that would argue he made a case for 12.5 in the Jets game. I mean, it's one extreme to another, I get it, but this is why its literally stupid to argue this point, week to week. If a discussion is going to happen, over the play of Dak, it should happen at the end of the season. Once you have a clear picture of exactly what he has done over the season.

That's just my opinion.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You know I've been right, Greg.

But you appear more interested in being right about Dak than what’s in the Cowboys best interest which Id argue over paying Dak isn’t.

Like I said most of us want to sign Dak. It’s the price and what that means which is the bigger discussion.

You being right about Dak ultimately means championships. Still to be determined.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He made some great decisions and a great audible for a TD. The decision to throw to Austin in the end zone against double coverage wasn't smart, but the defense got it right back.
Agreed on the end zone pass to Austin, but that was really the only throw all day that I saw as ill-advised.