Pay Prescott!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Did Romo win a SB? Did he ever even reach an NFC Conference Championship?

Nope.

Yet, he got paid... franchise record breaking... TWICE.

I bet you and the anti-Dak minions never complained then?

So, is this a reason for paying or against? Paying Romo that amount of money was also stupid. I don't get it.

Vandyr

Reaction score
Park this here......

Hmmmm.....sounds like his critics are running out of things NOT to like (lol)

I have a question about this...Sunday night one of the pregame shows, or maybe it was posted somewhere, but it said Kirk Cousins was #1 in QBR, and they added "not the ESPN rating, the real one". Sooo...who's number one in QBR? Maybe I'm just hearing things wrong, and I still don't even know what QBR quantifies, exactly.

landryscorner

Reaction score
Dak clearly showed he deserves Russell Wilson money! Please lock him up now Jerrah, the longer you wait the more the price goes up.

That's crazy Wilson money?? lol please guy isn't even consistent he's sporadic at best....no..just no.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So, is this a reason for paying or against? Paying Romo that amount of money was also stupid. I don't get it.
I'm just exposing the hypocrisy. Those who don't want Dak paid $30+ million/year were also the ones defending Romo getting paid franchise record-at-the-time money TWICE throughout his career.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm just exposing the hypocrisy. Those who don't want Dak paid $30+ million/year were also the ones defending Romo getting paid franchise record-at-the-time money TWICE throughout his career.

Yeah, this is not true. I never wanted to pay Tony that kind of contract and I'm not crazy about paying Dak 30 million either. I just don't believe that just because the last guy got paid X, it means that the next team has to sign up for paying their player Y. I believe that's a poor business model.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, this is not true. I never wanted to pay Tony that kind of contract and I'm not crazy about paying Dak 30 million either. I just don't believe that just because the last guy got paid X, it means that the next team has to sign up for paying their player Y. I believe that's a poor business model.
I agree, but that's what the market dictates. You either pay him or let him go. Which would the Cowboys rather have? The answer is easy whether we like the cost or not.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree, but that's what the market dictates. You either pay him or let him go. Which would the Cowboys rather have? The answer is easy whether we like the cost or not.

Yeah, I don't believe the whole, "Market Dictates" stuff. Good teams allow the players worth to dictate value, not the Market. There are other options and there is also no proof, at all, that the market values Dak at any certain price. Not at this moment in time. Dak has had 30 mil in front of him for some time now, he's not signing it. If it's so easy, why has he not signed the deal yet? If he wants 35 or 40, go find a team that will pay it and put up the two 1st round picks a tag would require.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
#4 is a big game player....he shows up when it matters.
It mattered against the Saints, Packers, and even the Jets. If other QBs don't get the excuses, then neither should Dak.

Don't get me wrong, I like him, but he made mistakes in those games that cost us.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I can’t imagine arguing against Dak receiving 30 million range with his performance thus far this year. I think the bigger argument was 40+.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I certainly spoke out against paying Romo especially the first time before 2007 season had even ended.

Jerry was over anxious to make him our Franchise QB with the first sign of glitter.

I’d like to think we could have paid less after the playoff disappointment. Maybe Jerry has learned something?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I can’t imagine arguing against Dak receiving 30 million range with his performance thus far this year. I think the bigger argument was 40+.

I can easily imagine it. I mean, the truth of the matter is that he doesn't have a good record against winning teams. We haven't beaten one this year. I can see people not being happy with 30 mil but that number has already been offered, according to reports so it is what it is.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't believe the whole, "Market Dictates" stuff. Good teams allow the players worth to dictate value, not the Market. There are other options and there is also no proof, at all, that the market values Dak at any certain price. Not at this moment in time. Dak has had 30 mil in front of him for some time now, he's not signing it. If it's so easy, why has he not signed the deal yet? If he wants 35 or 40, go find a team that will pay it and put up the two 1st round picks a tag would require.
No problem, but that will have to wait until season's end. You truly want to let Dak go and let the current talent go to waste while you draft an unproven rookie that would take years to develop and not guarantee you that he would be as good or put up results as good as Dak has? Very good franchise QBs like Dak don't grow on trees, and the Cowboys actually got lucky with Dak since they obviously were trying to draft several duds in rounds before Dak. The grass is not greener on the other side.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No problem, but that will have to wait until season's end. You truly want to let Dak go and let the current talent go to waste while you draft an unproven rookie that would take years to develop and not guarantee you that he would be as good or put up results as good as Dak has? Very good franchise QBs like Dak don't grow on trees, and the Cowboys actually got lucky with Dak since they obviously were trying to draft several duds in rounds before Dak. The grass is not greener on the other side.

Why does it have to be as you suggest. Again, nothing at all, has shown me that anybody is willing to stop up and pay the price he and his agent are asking. What proof is there that his value is higher then 30 mil, if that?

Around here, we xeriscape.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I wouldn’t pay wilson money until Dak helps win a SB. That’s SB winning money..

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Ya so let's keep inept Dak who needs only the best around him to be playing at 110% or he falls on his face.
Sure sounds like an ideal plan to waste another generation of good talent for another 10 years!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why does it have to be as you suggest. Again, nothing at all, has shown me that anybody is willing to stop up and pay the price he and his agent are asking. What proof is there that his value is higher then 30 mil, if that?

Around here, we xeriscape.
Because I'm right. I've been right forever. I was right about Romo, and I'm right about Dak. Romo showed he was a franchise worthy QB from the beginning, and so has Dak. Jerry is going to pay Dak because he knows Dak is worth it. It will be AT LEAST $32 million but likely more.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Because I'm right. I've been right forever. I was right about Romo, and I'm right about Dak. Romo showed he was a franchise worthy QB from the beginning, and so has Dak. Jerry is going to pay Dak because he knows Dak is worth it. It will be AT LEAST $32 million but likely more.
LMAO “ I’ve been right forever”

Everyone else can go home now. No need further discussion.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I wouldn’t pay wilson money until Dak helps win a SB. That’s SB winning money..

It is. I get into these discussion and people get the idea that I don't like Dak or whomever the player, in question, might be. That's not really the case. I like players but I value sound financial management. I don't go with popular opinion on lots of things. I don't believe in soundbite management practices.

People jump on the whole, Market Value, going rate thing. I say you don't pay a player record deals until they prove things on the field and in their personal lives. I like Dak but he doesn't have a winning record against winning teams. He has beaten bad Defensive teams this season. He has lost to good Defensive teams. Prove you can consistently beat good Defenses and I'll get on board with paying Dak the kind of deal he and his agent want. But not until then.

JMO