Pay Prescott!

aria

Reaction score
again don't make a topic and cry about other players. if zeke hurts your feelings start a "zeke hurt my feelings thread".[/QUOTE
Keep dodging. My feelings on Zeke have been well documented. Are you going to answer the questions kr continue to deflect?

zeke21

Reaction score
It's going to be about the guaranteed $$, I think. Wilson signed for what...$140MM over 4 years?

Dak is definitely going to get north of $30MM.
I fear you are right and it will shackle this franchise for another 10 years of obscurity. Dak is a bus driver.. a capable bus driver.. he should be paid like that and the cap should be spent on the real difference makers.. Cooper and Zeke are the backbone of the offence.. and keep the defence balling.

I don't really want to get into a Dak debate.. they are tiresome.. but for me.. he is just not a guy you give 30+ too.. until he shows he can deliver against top defences and when he can deliver even when things aren't "perfect" around him. But that is my opinion and I respect those who believe he is the answer..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm really shocked at how much better Dak looks to me. More compact throwing motion, better accuracy, faster decision making.

I'd pay him, and before this season I was a no.
I knew we were going to pay him. It was just a matter of how much. Now , I’m not sure he isn’t worth what Wentz received. Probably so.

shabazz

Reaction score
I knew we were going to pay him. It was just a matter of how much. Now , I’m not sure he isn’t worth what Wentz received. Probably so.

Its not that Dak should be paid more then Wentz; it that Wents is being payed Way Way over what he is producing. These Wentz to Dak comparisons are based on a fraudulent equation in which one player salary is completely bloated, based on performance

OldJarhead

Reaction score
Just for the record, you didn’t support Zeke’s contract, did you?
just for the record? I actually did. I didn't like the way he went about it, but I understand it. I think #21 should have been the RotY not #4. I believe that the team is more successful when Zeke is going and teams focus on him first daring Dak to beat them with his arm, not any different than any "read-option" QB and until #4 is CONSISTENTLY able to do that against well coached teams, this team, with him at the QB position, will remain a second (or third) tier team.
That was a long answer to a direct question, but yes, I did and do think that Zeke, the O-line and the D-line are where the money should be spent.

Brax

Reaction score
Dak clearly showed he deserves Russell Wilson money! Please lock him up now Jerrah, the longer you wait the more the price goes up.
Seek help it's available. Or is this a "in Jest" post

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I haven't seen the usual Dak haters :muttley:

I'm not sure the reason you'd think we'd all disappear? That lob to the end zone by Dak was his usual dumb play. We matched up well against Philly. For only like the second time this season, we could actually run the ball and impose our will.

I'm not sure why anyone would think Dak was THE man here. Looked the same as always to me.

Wood

Reaction score
Dak clearly showed he deserves Russell Wilson money! Please lock him up now Jerrah, the longer you wait the more the price goes up.

After Giants game Dallas schedule gets pretty nasty. I would wait to see if he can lead them thru that and possible may I dare say have some playoff success. If he passes those markers...then pay the man.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Yes, he's enough with a good supporting cast.
Good thing is, everyone but Cooper (who will certainly get signed) is locked up long term, so this team should be a playoff contender for years to come based on the talent.

With the Cooper trade, Jerry put himself in this position. I said it at the time of the trade. With Dak, at the time of the trade, Cooper turned us into a playoff contender. That set Dak up to be paid as our starter for the next 4-6 years because it made it so we would not be near the top of the draft for a long time. Therefor, finding a replacement for Dak would be tough. At that time I thought it would put us in mediocrity for the next few years. This year, Dak stepped up his game to the point that he is enough for the offense, with a successful supporting cast around him, to take us where we need to go.

The question now becomes:
1) is the coaching good enough
2) is the defense good enough
3) can the oline hold up- we have to be able to run effectively and Dak needs a pretty clean pocket to make plays - he is not one who is going to consistently get out of trouble and make up for a line that makes mistakes and puts him in a position to get out of the pocket.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Dak had a decent game....i still wouldn't pay him 35 mil though

I wouldn't either. Offer him a fair deal based on his abilities, but don't overpay. Overpaying would mean we can't keep for him the help he needs, so if it came to that, we should draft a QB. There's never any easy, perfect answer in the NFL. A draftee could bust or he could be the next Elway. But Dak + inadequate help would mean we can't win a championship anyway.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
just for the record? I actually did. I didn't like the way he went about it, but I understand it. I think #21 should have been the RotY not #4. I believe that the team is more successful when Zeke is going and teams focus on him first daring Dak to beat them with his arm, not any different than any "read-option" QB and until #4 is CONSISTENTLY able to do that against well coached teams, this team, with him at the QB position, will remain a second (or third) tier team.
That was a long answer to a direct question, but yes, I did and do think that Zeke, the O-line and the D-line are where the money should be spent.
So you would understand if Dak sits out as well?

I agree the money should be spent on the O line because Zeke is reduced to average or even poor when the O line isn’t in top form, which most RB’s are but that’s one small reason I would never pay a RB that much money. With the room Zeke had to run against Philly, I’m quite confident that Pollard would have done equally as well and may have even taken a few to the end zone. I have yet to see Zeke be a true game changer unless the O line is kicking butt and in that case Pollard could do the same.