PC gone too far?

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3314626 said:
Not really as in order to be racist there must be an underlying, illogical reason.

Racism is a state of mind.

The simple truth is, nobody who's NOT a racist would ever single out a specific race for his "prank"... he could have chosen to say "all fat chicks, leave Wal-Mart", or "all ugly people, leave Wal-Mart"...

But he didn't, he deliberately chose to make black people the target of his little "prank"... and that marks him as a racist...

Period... no amount of semantic tapdancing on your part can change that... the kid has a problem with black people...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
silverbear;3314821 said:
The simple truth is, nobody who's NOT a racist would ever single out a specific race for his "prank"... he could have chosen to say "all fat chicks, leave Wal-Mart", or "all ugly people, leave Wal-Mart"...

But he didn't, he deliberately chose to make black people the target of his little "prank"... and that marks him as a racist...

Period... no amount of semantic tapdancing on your part can change that... the kid has a problem with black people...

See bob he was one of the people that i was talking about.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3314821 said:

Calm down, Oprah.

ethiostar

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3314797 said:
On the back of your video card you should have a port that looks like:

03dvi_d-box-l.jpg

Thats a DVI connection. If I sound like I am talking down to you I apologize. I don't know how technically savvy you are.

You run the cable into your TV and your TV acts like a monitor. You probably have to change your resolution in the display setting in your control panel accordingly.

After that you just crank up hulu send it to fullscreen and bust out the :popcorn:

I keep intending to watch Shutter Island but I am having too much fun in this thread.

No your not talking down to me, i'm not tech savvy at all when it come to this kind of stuff.

When you said DVI to HDMI adapter i though DVI was another cable that i needed to buy for some reason and i needed to buy an adapter to connect it to the HDMI:eek::

Thanks for clearing that up.

silverbear

Reaction score
bbgun;3314637 said:
Really? I read the NY tabloids every day. This non-story kept building and Building and BUILDING for several days, as if this unnamed person were a latter day Dillinger on the run. Who was behind this absurd manhunt? Not the so-called "anti-PC" types. Long story short, when the state of NJ does something noxious or absurd, or conducts itself like a backwards, Third World country, some of us are naturally going to a) notice this, and b) weigh in. Sorry if you find that inconvenient.

Chuckle... yeah, the state of New Jersey is completely out of line for charging this kid...

Get back to me when he's convicted of a felony, instead of pleading guilty to a misdemeanor after a plea bargain, and getting a slap on the wrist... the worst thing that's going to ultimately happen to him is being publicly humiliated, and IMO that's completely appropriate...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
ethiostar;3314826 said:
No your not talking down to me, i'm not tech savvy at all when it come to this kind of stuff.

When you said DVI to HDMI adapter i though DVI was another cable that i needed to buy for some reason and i needed to buy an adapter to connect it to the HDMI:eek::

Thanks for clearing that up.

Its all good. the ps3 is a bluray player if you dont have that already and it plays games that you cannot get on PC. AppleTV does nothing that your computer cannot already do.

Hulu is the bomb and the adapter is only like $20.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3314824 said:
See bob he was one of the people that i was talking about.

Funny thing is is that the thread has been quite civil and PG until Silverbear appeared. Would not be surprised to see it closed pretty soon.

jimmy40

Reaction score
rkell87;3314735 said:
if you get out of the store with the merchandise your scott free they cant touch you, they can just call the cops and hope they catch you. why you ask? because once you are outside the store if they touch you you can sue them...thats right you get caught stealing and you can sue them.
wrong.

silverbear

Reaction score
ShiningStar;3314641 said:
because hes a kid and dumb and you are arguing hate for a teenager good luck with that

What, teenagers can't be racists?? Teenagers can't hate??

Do you seriously believe the crapola you're shoveling here??

I am utterly shocked at how many of this forum's posters are vigorously defending this little punk... you're awfully quick to dismiss his motives as innocuous, even though none of you even knows who he is...

Me, I can only judge him by his actions... he chose to single out a particular race to be the victims of his prank, and until I see reason to believe otherwise, I'm gonna view that as a racist act, and thus the perpetrator is in all likelihood a racist...

Yeah, in my experience people who victimize a particular race are generally racists...

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I just want to know if it's OK as a White male if I laugh at Chris Rock when he disparages Black people?

You know what sucks. Its b/c some white guy in attendance was laughing too loud during a Dave Chappelle sketch that he rethought his whole career. He hasnt done anything since.

Actually very sad. The best comedian ever took something the wrong way and is just gone

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
silverbear;3314836 said:
What, teenagers can't be racists?? Teenagers can't hate??

Do you seriously believe the crapola you're shoveling here??

I am utterly shocked at how many of this forum's posters are vigorously defending this little punk... you're awfully quick to dismiss his motives as innocuous, even though none of you even knows who he is...

Me, I can only judge him by his actions... he chose to single out a particular race to be the victims of his prank, and until I see reason to believe otherwise, I'm gonna view that as a racist act, and thus the perpetrator is in all likelihood a racist...

Yeah, in my experience people who victimize a particular race are generally racists...

I have always thought that you were naive but this is truly astounding. Keep on beating that soapbox.

rkell87

Reaction score
silverbear;3314821 said:

bull****, of course he could have chosen any group but which group would cause the most commotion? it does not make him a racist

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The kid has shown himself to be no more racist than Trey Parker, Matt Stone, Carlos Mencia, Dave Chappelle, and a myriad other entertainers who engage in racial humor. Of course, there are many who would deem them racists.

The only difference between this kid and those entertainers is his venue, which, admittedly, was not his to use in such a manner.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3314841 said:
The kid has shown himself to be no more racist than Trey Parker, Matt Stone, Carlos Mencia, Dave Chappelle, and a myriad other entertainers who engage in racial humor. Of course, there are many who would deem them racists.

The only difference between this kid and those entertainers is his venue, which, admittedly, was not his to use in such a manner.

Very well put.

silverbear

Reaction score
bbgun;3314647 said:
As in the Fan Zone, he's a contrarian (see: Ken Hamlin). He came into this thread, stuck his wet finger in the air, gauged the general consensus, then cried "raaaacism!" to stir the pot. It's a tired act, but it's all he's got.

Or maybe he found the defenders of this punk kid to be outrageous, and expressed that view...

Sorry, I happen to agree with him; I'm literally shocked at the people in here who think the state of New Jersey is out of line for charging this punk with a crime... what he did IS a crime, and Jersey would be remiss if they ignored it...

Yeah, you could say I was surprised to find a thread dedicated to defending this poor, misunderstood young American... whatever happened to being accountable for your actions??

rkell87

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3314841 said:

FuzzyLumpkins;3314842 said:
Very well put.
seconded

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3314843 said:
Or maybe he found the defenders of this punk kid to be outrageous, and expressed that view...

Sorry, I happen to agree with him; I'm literally shocked at the people in here who think the state of New Jersey is out of line for charging this punk with a crime... what he did IS a crime, and Jersey would be remiss if they ignored it...

Yeah, you could say I was surprised to find a thread dedicated to defending this poor, misunderstood young American... whatever happened to being accountable for your actions??

Catch up and you'll find that you 2 aren't in that much agreement.