PC gone too far?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;3314767 said:
Don't be too impressed. There's a reason why laymen allowed to represent themselves in court. It ain't that hard. Surgery on the other hand ...

I'm not. I'm just saying that theo is a lawyer.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bbgun;3314765 said:
There's only one problem: he didn't do anything racist. Not by any reasonable person's definition, that is, so that excuses you. In the meantime, please continue promoting your fantasy world where non-racist teens suddenly and inexplicably do "racist" things.
I would assume that a "reasonable person's definition" would square with the dictionary's definition. I grew up in a small town in the South. I'm pretty sure I know that casual racism is not fantasy.

rkell87

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3314756 said:
This has nothing to do with theo being a lawyer.
yeah i think it has to. he is trained to see things in the worst possible light, where as the rest of us see, well, you know, reality.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bbgun;3314767 said:
Don't be too impressed. There's a reason why laymen are allowed to represent themselves in court. It ain't that hard. Surgery on the other hand ...
People in my practice don't go to court.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
rkell87;3314772 said:
yeah i think it has to. he is trained to see things in the worst possible light, where as the rest of us see, well, you know, reality.
Or maybe I'm trained to actually read the law and apply it to facts.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
ethiostar;3314773 said:
So................

PS3 or Apple TV?

PS3 and a DVI to HDMI adapter no question. I watch Hulu from my computer on my flatscreen all the time.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
rkell87;3314772 said:

All I'm saying is that PC is a fancy way of saying that someone has delicate sensibilities. You don't need to be a lawyer to whine about every, little perceived injustice such as touching a thief in an apprehension. It's also why people see no problem with throwing the book at a 16 year old kid all over an insensitive prank.

I know, that sounded like double-speak, but that's the PC crowd for you.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3314771 said:
I would assume that a "reasonable person's definition" would square with the dictionary's definition. I grew up in a small town in the South. I'm pretty sure I know that casual racism is not fantasy.

Yes, racism exists. It just didn't exist in Walmart that day, only in your fevered imagination.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
theogt;3314511 said:
The kid did something racist, inflammatory, and quite obviously illegal. He was charged accordingly. He deserves punishment. Society can't allow people to do things like this without being punished. End of story. He wasn't over-charged. But, of course, the knee-jerk reaction is that it's overboard. I think some would rather him not even be charged.

The kid's a bigoted punk, and a moron, and needs to learn a lesson... I won't lose any sleep over whatever punishment he winds up getting...

ethiostar

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3314777 said:
PS3 and a DVI to HDMI adapter no question. I watch Hulu from my computer on my flatscreen all the time.

I know i need the HDMI cable. What is that for?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3314782 said:
Sure it did.

Brutal retort. I'll have to lie down after that thrashing.

Come to think of it, has Jerry ever hired a black HC? I mean, he did grow up in a small town in the South. :rolleyes:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3314778 said:
All I'm saying is that PC is a fancy way of saying that someone has delicate sensibilities. You don't need to be a lawyer to whine about every, little perceived injustice such as touching a thief in an apprehension.

Yes but you do need to understand logical fallacies and basic principles of burden of proof to be a lawyer. Or you would at least hope.

Seriously you read an individual like peplaw's, who has passed the bar, arguments and you see one thing. Then you read theo's where it inevitably boils down into him calling you an idiot and evading points rather than address them and you see nothing of the like.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3314787 said:
Yes but you do need to understand logical fallacies and basic principles of burden of proof to be a lawyer. Or you would at least hope.

Seriously you read an individual like peplaw's, who has passed the bar, arguments and you see one thing. Then you read theo's where it inevitably boils down into him calling you an idiot and evading points rather than address them and you see nothing of the like.

I would think so as the LSAT is basically a big test of your ability to comprehend logic.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bbgun;3314786 said:
Brutal retort. I'll have to lie down after that thrashing.

Come to think of it, has Jerry ever hired a black HC? I mean, he did grow up in a small town in the South. :rolleyes:
In case you didn't catch it, I was mocking you. As that's all you've offered -- a continued over-verbose "yes huh" response. If that's all you offer, there's no sense replying with anything but "nuh uh."

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
bbgun;3314534 said:
Would asking all women to leave the store make him a misogynist? Get a grip. This was clearly a juvenile, spur of the moment prank, not a hate crime.

No, it wasn't a hate crime, but it was considerably more than a "juvenile prank"... his actions have damaged Wal-Mart, for one thing...

He shouldn't do jail time, but he should be put on supervised probation for a year or so, and forced to do community service, at a minimum... make sure that at no time in the future does he ever get the urge to pull such an idiotic "prank" again...

Being 16 does not give him carte blanche to do what he did, and it most certainly doesn't excuse it...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3314792 said:
No, it wasn't a hate crime, but it was considerably more than a "juvenile prank"... his actions have damaged Wal-Mart, for one thing...

He shouldn't do jail time, but he should be put on supervised probation for a year or so, and forced to do community service, at a minimum... make sure that at no time in the future does he ever get the urge to pull such an idiotic "prank" again...

Being 16 does not give him carte blanche to do what he did, and it most certainly doesn't excuse it...
:laugh2::laugh1:laughable. How so? They didn't sanction it. WalMart can't even catch every shop-lifter, how are they supposed to spot a 16 year old kid on a mission to mis-use the PA system and prevent it from happening? Holding WalMart responsible and thus damaging them for this, then idk, it's just dumb.

You know, for a person who mocked fuzzylumpkins with your Vigilante squad schtick. This is pretty funny.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3314787 said:

:laugh2: