PC gone too far?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3314892 said:
Even within reason, that's the very definition of discrimination.

define reason? I agree with you on this, but i want Ethio to define reason and WHO gets to define it?

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3314707 said:
He claimed racial superiority? Again, racism isn't that big of a spectrum.

Ladies and gentlemen, Bob Sacamano, our resident expert on racism...

Yeah, Bobby, there is a wide spectrum of racism... there's folks who tell, and laugh at racist jokes, but deep in their hearts don't hate people of another color... there's people who aren't really comfortable being around people of another color, but would never think to do anything bad to those people... there's people who openly advocate hatred, even violence, against people of another color... and there's people who practice violence against people of another color... there are even subdivisions within those broader divisions...

And that lad is clearly on at least the bottom rungs of that ladder...

ethiostar

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3314888 said:
Damn, took you guys this long enough to finally figure it out?

Ethio, tell them about all the nasty, racist PMs I've been sending you.

I don't think i can repeat any of those without getting this thread shut down.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
silverbear;3314894 said:

Yeah, Bobby, there is a wide spectrum of racism... there's folks who tell, and laugh at racist jokes, but deep in their hearts don't hate people of another color... there's people who aren't really comfortable being around people of another color, but would never think to do anything bad to those people... there's people who openly advocate hatred, even violence, against people of another color... and there's people who practice violence against people of another color... there are even subdivisions within those broader divisions...

again, if we call everyone racists are we on leveled playing field?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3314894 said:

That's racism? Seriously dude.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
silverbear;3314894 said:

hypocrite.

silverbear

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3314712 said:
Where's the intolerance? Maybe this is an instance of intolerance of another person's feelings, not necessarily based on their race.

Yeah, it's just a coincidence that all those people whose feelings he was hurting were black people...

Oh wait, not it isn't; he specifically singled out black people... so it WAS based on their race...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3314901 said:
Yeah, it's just a coincidence that all those people whose feelings he was hurting were black people...

Oh wait, not it isn't; he specifically singled out black people... so it WAS based on their race...

Parallel that with the precise definition of racism. Not your hippy ****** version of it.

silverbear

Reaction score
bbgun;3314714 said:
:eek:

Holy ****. You've really gone off the deep end this time. So all those comedians, black and white, who tell racially-charged jokes are fundamentally "racists."

Yes, they are... and I'm personally guilty of that level of racism, because I laughed at Richard Pryor...

But that is a fairly low-level, non-malignant form of racism that I think is present in most people... the kid in question upped the ante considerably from that...

And FWIW, I'm not particularly proud to admit that I possess even that level of racism... perhaps that's why I'm so very revolted by what that punk kid did...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
silverbear;3314901 said:

Because you base something on race doesn't make you a racist.

Keep going though. First it was the kid hates black people. Then Bob hates black people. Whos next?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3314906 said:
Because you base something on race doesn't make you a racist.

Keep going though. First it was the kid hates black people. Then Bob hates black people. Whos next?

According to Silverbear, we're all inherently racist.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
silverbear;3314905 said:
Yes, they are... and I'm personally guilty of that level of racism, because I laughed at Richard Pryor...

But that is a fairly low-level, non-malignant form of racism that I think is present in most people... the kid in question upped the ante considerably from that...

And FWIW, I'm not particularly proud to admit that I possess even that level of racism... perhaps that's why I'm so very revolted by what that punk kid did...

So some racism isn't bad then? Apparently there is neutral nonmalignant racism. Is there good racism?

I love how you always try and force your worldview on others.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3314909 said:
According to Silverbear, we're all inherently racist.

you cant find flaw in that logic can we? dare we explore that we all arent racist? I think not, RACIST!!!!

silverbear

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3314715 said:
My problem with this episode is that WalMart was forced to come down hard on this kid due to outside pressure.

ROTFLMAO... so, WalMart dictates to the state of New Jersy who they charge with crimes??

They had little if anything to do with the charges the kid faces...

Ban him from all WalMarts, but to drag him through the court system over this. Really?

Yeah, really... he deserves everything that's happening to him... a man's actions have consequences, and if you're not willing to accept the consequences of a particular action, you shouldn't do it...

That's how my drill sergeant father raised me, and it's stood me well for 57 years now... here's hoping this kid learns that lesson from what he's going through now...