PC gone too far?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
ShiningStar;3314889 said:
should they be offended if that person was warning them the KKK was coming for them?
Of course not. But that was not the case.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3314912 said:
ROTFLMAO... so, WalMart dictates to the state of New Jersy who they charge with crimes??

They had little if anything to do with the charges the kid faces...

They did turn him over to the state. All because they had to "do something about it".

silverbear said:
Yeah, really... he deserves everything that's happening to him... a man's actions have consequences, and if you're not willing to accept the consequences of a particular action, you shouldn't do it...

That's how my drill sergeant father raised me, and it's stood me well for 57 years now... here's hoping this kid learns that lesson from what he's going through now...

16, dude.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
theogt;3314721 said:
And there you go not actually reading the posts. tisk. tisk.

Actually, I didn't say that at all. You're just getting confused. You can use racist humor and not be a racist.

Uhhh, no, you can't... you might not be a hard-core racist, but if you enjoy racist humor, you have a streak of the racist in you...

As I do, unfortunately... I just try to fight against it...

ShiningStar

Reaction score
JonJon;3314913 said:
Of course not. But that was not the case.

we dont know that. not all information can come out because hes a juvenile, and we dont know what it was all about, Wal mart jumped on it because they cant lose customers and money is more important to a business than anything else.

So it can be applied that a little bit more might be in place to make up for the apperance that wal mart loves its customers, or whoever happens to shop at one the most.

rkell87

Reaction score
jimmy40;3314907 said:
see, you have no clue.
your right i have 'no clue' to what you mean by the difference in employee and LPemployee, sorry:rolleyes: . what i do have a clue about is that once the theif is out of the store you cant touch him and you can get sued which other posters have verified. this is what i thought we were talking about?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
jimmy40;3314907 said:
see, you have no clue.

this is such a lame tactic. either explain yourself or shut up.

i googled lp and target along with lp and walmart and it came up with nothing.

I know what hes talking about. We have no idea what youre talking about.

ethiostar

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3314892 said:
Even within reason, that's the very definition of discrimination.

Maybe so, but the intent is not to harm but to make people laugh in a socially recognizable venue and from a socially recognizable source. Most comedians, those that are really good at it, can walk that fine line between funny and offensive. Most usually stick to mocking their own group and maybe then venture out to other groups. That way they usually establish trust but even then its not for everyone.

ShiningStar;3314893 said:
define reason? I agree with you on this, but i want Ethio to define reason and WHO gets to define it?

I guess you can have some agency make up some arbitrary demarcation about what is and what isn't allowed but thats not what i'm talking about. And in all honesty, i'm not interested in going that road. But comedians usually rely on their audience to gauge what is acceptable and what is not.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
silverbear;3314915 said:
Uhhh, no, you can't... you might not be a hard-core racist, but if you enjoy racist humor, you have a streak of the racist in you...

You and Bruce Banner my man, you both struggle hard.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
theogt;3314734 said:
Really? Are you this dense?

It's pretty clear that Bobby doesn't think the kid did anything wrong at all... his initial reaction to the story was probably to laugh his *** off...

jimmy40

Reaction score
rkell87;3314917 said:
your right i have 'no clue' to what you mean by the difference in employee and LPemployee, sorry:rolleyes: . what i do have a clue about is that once the theif is out of the store you cant touch him and you can get sued which other posters have verified. this is what i thought we were talking about?
verified by who? Other people that have no clue?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3314915 said:

No you do not. There are black people who are smarter than me. Some who are more athletic than me. Others who are better looking than me (not many though). So seeing humor in a racist joke does not make me a racist. Racist joke as accompanying all racist jokes, yes, I crack up at white jokes too.

Just because you're a self-loather doesn't mean you have to take out that anger on everyone else.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
ethiostar;3314919 said:
Maybe so, but the intent is not to harm but to make people laugh in a socially recognizable venue and from a socially recognizable source. Most comedians, those that are really good at it, can walk that fine line between funny and offensive. Most usually stick to mocking their own group and maybe then venture out to other groups. That way they usually establish trust but even then its not for everyone.

I guess you can have some agency make up some arbitrary demarcation about what is and what isn't allowed but thats not what i'm talking about. And in all honesty, i'm not interested in going that road. But comedians usually rely on their audience to gauge what is acceptable and what is not.

Yahh, not buying that either, they gauge based off money, you are not going to win over every audience every night or at every state. Some rules do apply. Some racism still exists, probably always will, but we dont need an agency telling us what is reasonable and what isnt, It will never take off.

Unless you are one of those that LOVES when the government tells you what to think, eat, sleep, wear, work, act, etc etc. I personally dont nor want an agency defining it for me.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
jimmy40;3314923 said:

Going for petulance, eh?

See you can act smug as if you know something that we don't and in the end no one cares. You have posited nothing other than you behave like a petulant child.

jimmy40

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3314918 said:
this is such a lame tactic. either explain yourself or shut up.

i googled lp and target along with lp and walmart and it came up with nothing.

I know what hes talking about. We have no idea what youre talking about.
:laugh2: Loss Prevention.

jimmy40

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3314926 said:
Going for petulance, eh?

See you can act smug as if you know something that we don't and in the end no one cares. You have posited nothing other than you behave like a petulant child.
find out what you're talking about before you act like you know something.

ethiostar

Reaction score
ShiningStar;3314925 said:
Yahh, not buying that either, they gauge based off money, you are not going to win over every audience every night or at every state. Some rules do apply. Some racism still exists, probably always will, but we dont need an agency telling us what is reasonable and what isnt, It will never take off.

Unless you are one of those that LOVES when the government tells you what to think, eat, sleep, wear, work, act, etc etc. I personally dont nor want an agency defining it for me.

What?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3314924 said:
No you do not. There are black people who are smarter than me. Some who are more athletic than me. Others who are better looking than me (not many though). So seeing humor in a racist joke does not make me a racist. Racist joke as accompanying all racist jokes, yes, I crack up when people make fun of white people.

Just because you're a self-loather doesn't mean you have to take out that anger on everyone else.

Self loathing is unfortunately all too common in western society. I don't want to get into a religious discussion but I don't think that any of us are inherently bad.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
ethiostar;3314919 said:

Your intent may not to be harm; however, you're holding two different types of people to two different social standards. That, by definition, is discrimination.

Furthermore, who determines the position of that "fine line between funny and offensive"? Just how many years does a person have to be comedian before he's shown he can walk that fine line? What about amateurs on open mic night?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3314921 said:
It's pretty clear that Bobby doesn't think the kid did anything wrong at all... his initial reaction to the story was probably to laugh his *** off...

After I snatched a white bedsheet.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
jimmy40;3314923 said:

You cant touch people out of the store, i know that at least applies in NJ with the big wigs, maybe if you work for a mom and pops, I dont know personally. Once outside, if you are not completely 100 percent, dont put the company at risk. SO yes, kids are very well informed they can do this stuff and get away with it.

Deal with it, we have a society that allows kids to get away with a lot of stuff and most of it is recent stuff and at least here in Jersey it changes fast and usually for the worse.