PC gone too far?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3314629 said:
You're so completely lost as to what I'm saying. Just please stop and read more slowly and follow the logic of the conversation. It becomes increasingly difficult to hold a conversation with you because you're all over the place and don't actually read what the person is saying.

Dude, this is racist.

"Black people leave because you have cooties."

In order for his joke/prank to be racist, there has to be a racist element to it.

My whole point is that there has to be a hint of racism involved here, and to my mind, there was none. We don't know if the kid is racist and he didn't say anything racist.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3314630 said:
Seriously guys arguing with him is pointless. He will not admit he could even possibly be wrong no matter what. If you like repeating yourself over and over again go for it.

I just realized that he fits this description very well and put him on ignore.
Awwwww....did hims get his wittle feewings hurt over the internets? Poor Fuzzy.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3314622 said:
Ironic statement given that the only people sturring up the tempest are the anti-PC types. He was charged with a very minor offense.

Really? I read the NY tabloids every day. This non-story kept building and Building and BUILDING for several days, as if this unnamed person were a latter day Dillinger on the run. Who was behind this absurd manhunt? Not the so-called "anti-PC" types. Long story short, when the state of NJ does something noxious or absurd, or conducts itself like a backwards, Third World country, some of us are naturally going to a) notice this, and b) weigh in. Sorry if you find that inconvenient.

rkell87

Reaction score
theogt;3314624 said:
It's only funny or "get a rise out of people" because it's shocking. The reason it's shocking is that it's obviously racist and out of place. Whether the kid himself is in fact a racist is not in question. No one ever made such a claim.

i never sais it was. out of place yes, shocking yes, but once again not really racist.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3314635 said:
Dude, this is racist.

"Black people leave because you have cooties."

In order for his joke/prank to be racist, there has to be a racist element to it.

My whole point is that there has to be a hint of racism involved here, and to my mind, there was none. We don't know if the kid is racist. He didn't say anything racist.
What's the point of getting on the speaker to say "All black people should leave?"

ShiningStar

Reaction score
theogt;3314602 said:
This should be easy to understand. Someone demands that all blacks leave. The obvious reason for such a demand is the preference for not being around blacks. The only possible reason for not wanting to be around blacks is racism.

Very simple stuff here. Perhaps the kid was joking. That doesn't make it not racist. It just makes it racist humor. Some people would probably rather it not be racism because they don't want to be considered racist when they make similar jokes.

What if he said it because there was a fire and he only wanted to save the black people?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
theogt;3314639 said:
What's the point of getting on the speaker to say "All black people should leave?"

because hes a kid and dumb and you are arguing hate for a teenager good luck with that

hes from Jersey so i can tell you hes been hammered with "dont talk about race, it scares people" syndrom.

Heres a thought, was he white?

Heres another question, would it have been this big of a deal if he said "asian" instead of "black"? which triggers more emotions?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bbgun;3314637 said:
Really? I read the NY tabloids every day. This non-story kept building and Building and BUILDING for several days, as if this unnamed person were a latter day Dillinger on the run.
As I don't read these tabloids or live in the area, I have no idea of the existence of what you're speaking of. I'm only referring to this thread.

Long story short, when the state of NJ does something noxious or absurd, or conducts itself like a backwards, Third World country, some of us are naturally going to a) notice this, and b) weigh in. Sorry if you find that inconvenient.
Similar laws exist in just about every state in the United States. Similar behavior will violated all of those laws. There's nothing about this that is "Third World country"-like. It's just enforcement of the law.

rkell87;3314638 said:
i never sais it was. out of place yes, shocking yes, but once again not really racist.
How is it shocking if it's not racist?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3314639 said:

A prank that he knew in all likelihood would gain a response. Not in actually making blacks leave, but causing an uproar.

rkell87

Reaction score
theogt;3314633 said:
And when discrimination is based on race and is intended to "put down" one race, it's racism.
should i post the definition of racism again?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3314630 said:
Seriously guys arguing with him is pointless. He will not admit he could even possibly be wrong no matter what. If you like repeating yourself over and over again go for it.

I just realized that he fits this description very well and put him on ignore.

As in the Fan Zone, he's a contrarian (see: Ken Hamlin). He came into this thread, stuck his wet finger in the air, gauged the general consensus, then cried "raaaacism!" to stir the pot. It's a tired act, but it's all he's got.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ShiningStar;3314640 said:
What if he said it because there was a fire and he only wanted to save the black people?
He didn't, so it doesn't matter.

ShiningStar;3314641 said:
because hes a kid and dumb and you are arguing hate for a teenager good luck with that
I am "arguing hate for a teenager?" I'm not sure I even know what that means.

Heres a thought, was he white?
I have no idea.

Heres another question, would it have been this big of a deal if he said "asian" instead of "black"? which triggers more emotions?
It would have similarly been against the law, yes.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
bbgun;3314647 said:
As in the Fan Zone, he's a contrarian (see: Ken Hamlin). He came into this thread, stuck his wet finger in the air, gauged the general consensus, then cried "raaaacism!" to stir the pot. It's a tired act, but it's all he's got.

Yeah but I am especially liking how the crux of his argument for the most part is that you guys are too stupid to understand it.

rkell87

Reaction score
theogt;3314642 said:
How is it shocking if it's not racist?

because he told people to leave the store...not something you hear everyday

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3314643 said:
A prank that he knew in all likelihood would gain a response. Not in actually making blacks leave, but causing an uproar.
Why would it gain a reaction? Because it was racist?

rkell87;3314645 said:
should i post the definition of racism again?
Please, do. The definition coincides with what I said.

bbgun;3314647 said:
I'm honestly shocked that it's considered "stir[ring] the pot" to point out that someone getting on a loud speaker and demanding that all blacks leave is racist.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
theogt;3314648 said:
He didn't, so it doesn't matter.

I am "arguing hate for a teenager?" I'm not sure I even know what that means.

I have no idea.

It would have similarly been against the law, yes.

10 to 1 says if he said it about asians doubtful it would be a bias intimidation crime. Whatever the heck that means.

Coming from Jersey and seeing how it works, only one way gets the attention. He did it for a joke and the PC crowd will scream for blood.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ShiningStar;3314654 said:
10 to 1 says if he said it about asians doubtful it would be a bias intimidation crime. Whatever the heck that means.

Coming from Jersey and seeing how it works, only one way gets the attention. He did it for a joke and the PC crowd will scream for blood.
I have no idea whether he'd get charged or not. That has nothing to do with whether it's against the or not, however.