PC gone too far?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3314676 said:
That's an absurd statement. Clearly many others would think it's racist. The dictionary agrees, at least.

I think we've determined just who those people are. Have fun conflating racial insensitivity with stark racism.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3314675 said:
And you couldn't kick their *****? ;)

Its a long story but I had decided that I was going to take a couple of them down with me no matter how much I get beat up when a couple of police officers came around the corner and told me to leave so they can deal with them.

rkell87

Reaction score
theogt;3314669 said:
"Intolerance of another race."

"Hey, all blacks should get out of here."

Durrrrrrhhhhh.
telling black people to leave does not mean he doesnt tolerate black people. you came to that conclusion on your own

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bbgun;3314680 said:
I think we've determined just who those people are. Have fun conflating racial insensitivity with stark racism.
Racial insensitivity is still racism. It's just that it's one extreme on the spectrum of racism.

rkell87

Reaction score
theogt;3314668 said:
No one is claiming he's racist.
arent you? or are you just claiming that what he did was an act of racism? i feel this needs to be clarified to understand your argument

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
rkell87;3314683 said:
telling black people to leave does not mean he doesnt tolerate black people. you came to that conclusion on your own
Like any other rational human being that isn't trying to make some inane argument on the internet.

arglebargle

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3314352 said:
Stupid kid. A butt whooping might be the best remedy for what ails him.

I agree! Call the Media!

The real problem here, is that once this became more widely known, something had to be done officially, as otherwise it would be an invitation for every other dumb teenager to try a similiar stunt. So the hammer (such as it is) comes down.

Doesn't mean it still won't engender copycats, but at least it will have some whiff of trouble associated with it. Except for those that don't care what form their 15 minutes of fame takes.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
rkell87;3314686 said:
arent you? or are you just claiming that what he did was an act of racism? i feel this needs to be clarified to understand your argument
Perhaps it has been unclear. I don't have conclusive evidence that the kid is racist and I would never make that claim without it. However, very clearly this act was an act of racism.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
arglebargle;3314688 said:
I agree! Call the Media!

The real problem here, is that once this became more widely known, something had to be done officially, as otherwise it would be an invitation for every other dumb teenager to try a similiar stunt. So the hammer (such as it is) comes down.

Doesn't mean it still won't engender copycats, but at least it will have some whiff of trouble associated with it. Except for those that don't care what form their 15 minutes of fame takes.

has this worked with underage drinking?

ethiostar

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3314679 said:
Ive been harassed by a group of skinheads and I am white. *******s were trying to steal my Docs.

I am taking from your response here that youre black. In all seriousness what would have your response been if you had heard that over the PA?

Well they wanted to kick my *** because i was black.

I don't know what my response would have been in all honesty. I can tell you for sure that i would have felt singled out because of the color of my skin. Again, without knowing the kid's intention i really can't say one way or the other.

If it was someone I know like a friend and the comment was directed at me personally, i would have thought it was funny. My friends and I joke about each others race/ethnicity, religion, nationality, etc.. all the time and we have a great time with it. But we know each other very well, we respect each other a lot and it is understood that its ok and it is always done in good taste and humor.

If the kid had said "all old people leave the store", it would have been considered rude and disrespectful.

No matter how people want to define 'racism', when you single out a single group based on race, it is racist. But to be able to discriminate you have to be in a position to withhold access to something (i.e., resources, opportunities, etc...) from a group based on race.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
ethiostar;3314701 said:

I don't know what my response would have been in all honesty. I can tell you for sure that i would have felt singled out because of the color of my skin. Again, without knowing the kid's intention i really can't say one way or the other.

If it was someone I know like a friend and the comment was directed at me personally, i would have thought it was funny. My friends and I joke about each others race/ethnicity, religion, nationality, etc.. all the time and we have a great time with it. But we know each other very well, we respect each other a lot and it is understood that its ok and it is always done in good taste and humor.

If the kid had said "all old people leave the store", it would have been considered rude and disrespectful.

No matter how people want to define 'racism', when you single out a single group based on race, it is racist. But to be able to discriminate you have to be in a position to withhold access to something (i.e., resources, opportunities, etc...) from a group based on race.

ah so i can mock you if i know you. good to know

rkell87

Reaction score
theogt;3314685 said:
Racial insensitivity is still racism. It's just that it's one extreme on the spectrum of racism.
no it isn't. it is just insensitivity to the feelings of others based on race, just as families putting up nativity scenes at Christmas can be considered insensitive to other religions.

ethiostar

Reaction score
ShiningStar;3314702 said:
ah so i can mock you if i know you. good to know

We can mock each other, yes, but we don't know each other like that.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3314690 said:
Perhaps it has been unclear. I don't have conclusive evidence that the kid is racist and I would never make that claim without it. However, very clearly this act was an act of racism.

He claimed racial superiority? Again, racism isn't that big of a spectrum.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
ethiostar;3314701 said:

As for the first I know, I was just playing around. They really did try to steal my shoes but that is neither here nor there.

I used to hang around with guys that would do and say stuff just like that kid did. Not necessarily target black people but something to garner attention and then laugh about it.

I just think its kinda dumb that there is this much press about what is pretty obviously a kid knocking off when there is stuff like the cease fire in Darfur going on that get no play.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3314708 said:
"intolerance of another race"

Where's the intolerance? Maybe this is an instance of intolerance of another person's feelings, not necessarily based on their race.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3314707 said:
He claimed racial superiority? Again, racism isn't that big of a spectrum.

I hope your doing this cause its funny. Cause it really is. Only theo would say that a dictionary's definition of a word is wrong.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3314685 said:
:eek:

Holy ****. You've really gone off the deep end this time. So all those comedians, black and white, who tell racially-charged jokes are fundamentally "racists." I'm sure your sliding scale of "racial correctness" will make them turn their backs on their evil ways.