PC gone too far?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3314655 said:
Because Americans are quick to cry foul?

and knee jerk. and scream any teenager that says something offensive is racist. Even tho its possibly clear he was saving all the black people from something horrible which was not disclosed to the public but put away into a nice safe warehouse.

ethiostar

Reaction score
The kid might have done it only for the shock value but if you are the one being targeted because of the color of your skin its hard not to feel the racist connotations in his remarks. Thats not to say the kid is racist but without knowing his true intentions (as in you know the kid personally) i'm not sure why you would defend him as not being a racist either.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
theogt;3314656 said:
I have no idea whether he'd get charged or not. That has nothing to do with whether it's against the or not, however.

Im not saying your wrong, im just saying the system is completely wrong and needs to be more fair.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ShiningStar;3314657 said:
and knee jerk. and scream any teenager that says something offensive is racist. Even tho its possibly clear he was saving all the black people from something horrible which was not disclosed to the public but put away into a nice safe warehouse.
So it's "offensive" but not "racist?"

ShiningStar

Reaction score
theogt;3314662 said:
So it's "offensive" but not "racist?"

Is it offensive? No, its a color if nothing else. Black people doesnt mean one particular race, since people are of now different races and not part of the human race, *but thats another argument* but he could have completely been trying to save the black people and for that its deteremined quickly it was bias intimidation and not thorougly looked into.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3314659 said:
So you think most Americans would consider it racist?

Peoples' perceptions are not always correct. Which is why I feel this whole episode is PC run wild/racists attacked our imagination.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
ethiostar;3314660 said:
The kid might have done it only for the shock value but if you are the one being targeted because of the color of your skin its hard not to feel the racist connotations in his remarks. Thats not to say the kid is racist but without knowing his true intentions (as in you know the kid personally) i'm not sure why you would defend him as not being a racist either.

I don't think its as much hes not racist as it is you cannot prove that he IS racist.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
ethiostar;3314660 said:

He's 16 come on we're not talking the KKK here.

rkell87

Reaction score
rkell87;3314596 said:
racism-–noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races

discrimination-–noun 1. an act or instance of discriminating.

2. treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious intolerance and discrimination.

3. the power of making fine distinctions; discriminating judgment: She chose the colors with great discrimination.

4. Archaic. something that serves to differentiate.

by definition what the boy did was not racism, it was discrimination

theogt;3314633 said:
And when discrimination is based on race and is intended to "put down" one race, it's racism.
once again no it doesnt

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3314665 said:
I don't think its as much hes not racist as it is you cannot prove that he IS racist.
No one is claiming he's racist.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
rkell87;3314667 said:
once again no it doesnt
"Intolerance of another race."

"Hey, all blacks should get out of here."

Durrrrrrhhhhh.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3314652 said:
I'm honestly shocked that it's considered "stir[ring] the pot" to point out that someone getting on a loud speaker and demanding that all blacks leave is racist.

Because nobody aside from race hustlers or extremely uptight/sensitive types would dare come to that conclusion. You and the state of NJ have taken a minor incident and turned it into a federal case. He misused a PA system to send blacks on a wild goose chase; he didn't lynch a Freedom Rider.

ethiostar

Reaction score
ShiningStar;3314666 said:
He's 16 come on we're not talking the KKK here.

That's a pretty weak argument. What does his age has to do with anything? I've been harassed by a group of skin heads who were of similar age, if not younger.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ethiostar;3314673 said:
That's a pretty weak argument. What does his age has to do with anything? I've been harassed by a group of skin heads who were of similar age, if not younger.

And you couldn't kick their *****? ;)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bbgun;3314672 said:
Because nobody aside from race hustlers or extremely uptight/sensitive types would dare come to that conclusion. You and the state of NJ have taken a minor incident and turned it into a federal case. He misused a PA system to send blacks on a wild goose chase; he didn't lynch a Freedom Rider.
That's an absurd statement. Clearly many others would think it's racist. The dictionary agrees, at least.

Pretty sure you don't have to lynch someone just to rise to the level of racism. But if that's your definition....

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
ethiostar;3314673 said:

Ive been harassed by a group of skinheads and I am white. *******s were trying to steal my Docs.

I am taking from your response here that youre black. In all seriousness what would have your response been if you had heard that over the PA?