PC gone too far?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3314709 said:
As for the first I know, I was just playing around. They really did try to steal my shoes but that is neither here nor there.

I used to hang around with guys that would do and say stuff just like that kid did. Not necessarily target black people but something to garner attention and then laugh about it.

I just think its kinda dumb that there is this much press about what is pretty obviously a kid knocking off when there is stuff like the cease fire in Darfur going on that get no play.

My problem with this episode is that WalMart was forced to come down hard on this kid due to outside pressure. Whether real and/or imagined. Ban him from all WalMarts, but to drag him through the court system over this. Really?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3314715 said:
My problem with this episode is that WalMart was forced to come down hard on this kid due to outside pressure.

From the "anti-PC" types no less. :laugh1:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3314713 said:
I hope your doing this cause its funny. Cause it really is. Only theo would say that a dictionary's definition of a word is wrong.
And there you go not actually reading the posts. tisk. tisk.

bbgun;3314714 said:
:eek:

Holy ****. You've really gone off the deep end this time. So all those comedians, black and white, who tell racially-charged jokes are fundamentally "racists." I'm sure your sliding scale of "racial correctness" will make them turn their backs on their evil ways.
Actually, I didn't say that at all. You're just getting confused. You can use racist humor and not be a racist. I never claimed the kid was racist. In fact, I've said several times that I am NOT claiming he's racist.

Think really hard about the difference.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3314715 said:
My problem with this episode is that WalMart was forced to come down hard on this kid due to outside pressure. Whether real or imagined. Ban him from all WalMarts, but to drag him through the court system over this. Really?

I was caught stealiong in Best Buy when i was 14. I was told I was never allowed in one again.

I still go. I know I am a bad person. :)

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3314720 said:
He was not in a position to enforce his demand. Where is the intolerance?

He sent people on a wild goose chase. That's raaacism in 2010 America.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3314722 said:
I was caught stealiong in Best Buy when i was 14. I was told I was never allowed in one again.

lol That's like banning someone from the beach.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3314720 said:
He was not in a position to enforce his demand. Where is the intolerance?
You can be intolerant without being able to enforce your intolerance.

ethiostar

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3314709 said:
As for the first I know, I was just playing around. They really did try to steal my shoes but that is neither here nor there.

I used to hang around with guys that would do and say stuff just like that kid did. Not necessarily target black people but something to garner attention and then laugh about it.

I just think its kinda dumb that there is this much press about what is pretty obviously a kid knocking off when there is stuff like the cease fire in Darfur going on that get no play.

I agree that the incident probably doesn't deserve this much attention especially when there are other news worthy stories out there. I do think that the kid needs to be reprimanded appropriately because what he did was stupid and to deter (as much as possible) other kids from trying to do something similar whether it based on age, religion, gender, etc...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
rkell87;3314718 said:
way to ignore the rest
That's funny. You've been ignoring the very definition of racism that you posted yourself.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ethiostar;3314727 said:
I agree that the incident probably doesn't deserve this much attention especially when there are other news worthy stories out there. I do think that the kid needs to be reprimanded appropriately because what he did was stupid and to deter (as much as possible) other kids from trying to do something similar whether it based on age, religion, gender, etc...

Not many 16 year old's use the Internet to peruse the news. Not irresponsible ones at least.

rkell87

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;3314722 said:

if you get out of the store with the merchandise your scott free they cant touch you, they can just call the cops and hope they catch you. why you ask? because once you are outside the store if they touch you you can sue them...thats right you get caught stealing and you can sue them.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3314734 said:
Really? Are you this dense?

If you can't strip anyone of their rights to free speech, ability to move around and go places, how are you being intolerant?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3314736 said:
If you can't strip anyone of their rights to free speech, ability to move around and go places, how are you being intolerant?
So the answer was, "yes."

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
rkell87;3314735 said:
if you get out of the store with the merchandise your scott free they cant touch you, they can just call the cops and hope they catch you. why you ask? because once you are outside the store if they touch you you can sue them...thats right you get caught stealing and you can sue them.

Thanks to the people like theo and his ilk.