Penei Sewell

phildadon86

Reaction score
This team can ill-afford passing up on blue-chip prospects.

There are maybe a handful of players on this team that week in/out you dont have to worry about performing at a high-level. Getting more players like that is more valuable than drafting another LVE or Diggs

Unless they can trade back and still get Parsons, they should take Sewell

This is the most ideal situation for this team. For the future. Secure another 1st round pick Get parsons and Leatherwood/Surtain II. Thats a heck of a first round right there

fivetwos

Reaction score
I get it but it's just repeating the same thing we've done for a decade now.

Plus, there is a downside here. You take Sewell and Smith is healthy? Then what? Trade him or Collins? Move Collins back inside? Play Sewell inside? I mean it would be kind of silly to draft an OT in the first round and then he sits the bench for a year or two.

The other factor here is that no team has invested as much in terms of premium picks and money into the OL position in the last 7-8 years and gotten such crappy return on that investment. Makes you wonder if investing all those high picks and money was possibly overkill at the position.
Two choices w Sewell IMO....

Play him at LG for a year in place of Williams. They can probably run that ball again in that case.

Or.....play him at LT immediately. Cutting Smith last time I checked saved 10M next year, which could be spent on a defensive FA.

I'm not ready to pull the plug on Tyron just yet....but no one knows what's going to happen w his rehab. He may pull a Frederick. I'd rather be ahead of something for a change, especially at LT after investing close to 200M at QB. Either way he has 2-3 seasons left at most, and he can't be counted on to play a full year (so itll amount to close a 1m a game for him).

Time without your starting LT gets you seasons like this one where your QB is gone. Backup also.

Lol....then again....I cant think of one single thing this team needs as desperately as a guy like Parsons.

I'd be happy with either.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Two choices w Sewell IMO....

Play him at LG for a year in place of Williams. They can probably run that ball again in that case.

Or.....play him at LT immediately. Cutting Smith last time I checked saved 10M next year, which could be spent on a defensive FA.

I'm not ready to pull the plug on Tyron just yet....but no one knows what's going to happen w his rehab. He may pull a Frederick. I'd rather be ahead of something for a change, especially at LT after investing close to 200M at QB. Either way he has 2-3 seasons left at most, and he can't be counted on to play a full year (so itll amount to close a 1m a game for him).

Time without your starting LT gets you seasons like this one where your QB is gone. Backup also.

Lol....then again....I cant think of one single thing this team needs as desperately as a guy like Parsons.

I'd be happy with either.
Parsons changes our entire Defense. If we can trade down. Grab parsons and Leatherwood in the first round we have fixed our 2 biggest needs in the first round. With blue chip talent.

Sydla

Reaction score
I trade Tyron. That will net you at least a 2nd and now you have your future LT for the next decade.

I agree on your point about the investment of premium picks towards the OL, but I do not trust them to replace Tyron with a mid round pick.

That's true. I was thinking like you move and pick up a couple picks in the first two rounds, take a defender in the 1st, then if you have a few #2s, you can take a guy like Eichenberg or Mayfield and groom them. But admittedly that's alot of moving parts.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Parsons changes our entire Defense. If we can trade down. Grab parsons and Leatherwood in the first round we have fixed our 2 biggest needs in the first round. With blue chip talent.
Mocks are gonna change a lot between now and the draft but it looks like Parsons is going in the 4-7 range.

Not sure if dealing down and getting him is in the cards.

Best hope is the 2 pick and someone around 5-6 wants Fields. Then I'd say we can get capital to get Parsons and top LT.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Mocks are gonna change a lot between now and the draft but it looks like Parsons is going in the 4-7 range.

Not sure if dealing down and getting him is in the cards.

Best hope is the 2 pick and someone around 5-6 wants Fields. Then I'd say we can get capital to get Parsons and top LT.
Thats the plan a smart FO would have. Id be ok even getting Parsons and Farley/Surtain II. And then grab the LT out of ND in the second or third.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Dane the goat would take this guy 2nd (if we get that high of a pick)

Yup...it's not even that hard of a decision for me. Picking in the top 5 you HAVE to hit. Outside of Lawrence, Sewell is the best player in the draft at a premium position.

I'd entertain trading down but I think Sewell is a generational talent type OT prospect.

Xavier187

Reaction score
If you draft Sewell you have to find a partner for T Smith. You can package a deal with Conner Williams as a pair and offer it to the Bengals for there 1st rounder. If they don't bite the there 2nd and 3rd rounder.

We would definitely need to move back into the 1st for sure and go for Shaun Wade.
Pairing Wade and Diggs for the years to come would be finaminal.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Id take the haul.

Imagine trading back and getting Parsons AND an extra 2nd

The extra pick would be the justification for Jerry/Stephen to do something cute and stupid with the pick, making it moot. With these bozos, just keep it simple and take the player.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If you draft Sewell you have to find a partner for T Smith. You can package a deal with Conner Williams as a pair and offer it to the Bengals for there 1st rounder. If they don't bite the there 2nd and 3rd rounder.

We would definitely need to move back into the 1st for sure and go for Shaun Wade.
Pairing Wade and Diggs for the years to come would be finaminal.

We could always move Tyron to the right and kick La’el back inside until Tyron retires.

I’ve been watching a little bit of Sewell.. He definitely looks the part.. Only weakness I see so far is he plays really but that’s correctable.

Xavier187

Reaction score
I'm gonna need you to explain why cause i just don't see it

Well we would be able to save cash.
If we can get a good second round pick Duane Brown OG outta Bama would be an awesome pick to pair with Sewell on the Left side.

We need Def yes but our Line is fragile.

But you could trade back with the Jags d
For there two first rounders if we are the 2nd over all pick and aim for Parsons and Wade. And still get the OG we need in the second

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Hard to believe they’d go OT after taking Ceedee Lamb last year. I don’t know two offensive players in a row? Espiecially when the defensive talent is piss poor....

Gaede

Reaction score
Seems like a can't miss prospect. Gotta take him, one of the QBs, or Parsons that high. Anything else is silly. Take the elite talent.