Penei Sewell

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
As much as I like Parsons, if you don’t have the defensive linemen in front of him he will be neutralized. I see only 3 blue chip prospects that you take no matter what Lawrence, Fields, and Pewell. The quarterbacks free up space to improve the defense through free agency or player trades. Pewell makes our offense unstoppable. We better not win another game.
Couldn’t agree more. I’m not thrilled with parsons anyway, but you could have Ray Lewis back there, if you don’t have the d line to keep people off of him, it is A waste.
Sewell instantly upgrades our o line which makes zeke and Dak better players. And that’s what keeps our defense off the field.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
You're going to love Parsons when you watch him...he can do everything.

But yea, I don't see how you pass on Sewell seeing as there isn't a Bosa/Ramsey type player in the draft. I think Smith is close to retirement and Collin's position flex makes it an easy decision IMO.

Watched some Parsons cutups this weekend. Just a wild athlete. He's got 4.4 speed to the sideline, he's got the burst to get 10 sacks at RE if he wanted to, he's got joystick hips in coverage... we've seen size-speed freaks before, but I can't remember seeing a LB for a long time who was this much of a coordinated, all-around athlete.

Elite, elite athleticism, great instincts, no injuries, clean off the field... I don't see any way he doesn't become a stud.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Watched some Parsons cutups this weekend. Just a wild athlete. He's got 4.4 speed to the sideline, he's got the burst to get 10 sacks at RE if he wanted to, he's got joystick hips in coverage... we've seen size-speed freaks before, but I can't remember seeing a LB for a long time who was this much of a coordinated, all-around athlete.

Elite, elite athleticism, great instincts, no injuries, clean off the field... I don't see any way he doesn't become a stud.

He would be a very intriguing prospect to add to a defense that needs him especially if we go to a 3-4 defense,

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more. I’m not thrilled with parsons anyway, but you could have Ray Lewis back there, if you don’t have the d line to keep people off of him, it is A waste.
Sewell instantly upgrades our o line which makes zeke and Dak better players. And that’s what keeps our defense off the field.

If Sewell is as good as people say then you take him over any defender.

Tyron can not be depended on and protecting the QB's blindside is a top priority.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Yea his athleticism for a guy that will likely weigh in around 250-255 is a joke. He's the best defender in the draft IMO and I don't really see anyone close.

ILB isn't traditionally a top 5ish type position but I'd rather have the talent than reach for a DE/CB. This is the kind of dude you can build a defense around.

starfan1

Reaction score
alot depends on FA although this discount store shopping hasn't always served us well if we can find a Safety or a DT in FA then LB and OT is a necessity.. I don't think the cowboys will pick that high but if they did Sewell or Parsons has to be the pick. Tyron misses on average 3 games a year in the last 4 years and this year its like the whole season. Jaylon is straight garbage now and LVE is Sean Lee part 2. Id love to see either of them in a cowboy uniform

kumizi

Reaction score
STOP STENDING 1ST ROUND PICKS ON OFFENSE

We are next to last in the NFL in money spent on defense.
We are last in the NFL in defensive ranking.
Our 2nd highest paid player on defense is a candidate to be released.

All that should take precedent over "oh no we can't depend on Tyron anymore. we need a top 5 offensive line for our $40 million dollar QB to be successful"

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
STOP STENDING 1ST ROUND PICKS ON OFFENSE

We are next to last in the NFL in money spent on defense.
We are last in the NFL in defensive ranking.
Our 2nd highest paid player on defense is a candidate to be released.

All that should take precedent over "oh no we can't depend on Tyron anymore. we need a top 5 offensive line for our $40 million dollar QB to be successful"

You have 6 other rounds and all of free agency to fix the defense..

You don’t force a defensive or offensive player in the draft. That’s how you screw up a draft.

5 years of a high end Left tackle on a rookie deal is not smart to pass on.

If Tyron were to retire that instantly becomes the #1 need on the team.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
There are almost 10 tackles on walter football in rounds 1-2. If its parson or tgis guy im taking Parsons and a tackle early round 2.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Yea his athleticism for a guy that will likely weigh in around 250-255 is a joke. He's the best defender in the draft IMO and I don't really see anyone close.

ILB isn't traditionally a top 5ish type position but I'd rather have the talent than reach for a DE/CB. This is the kind of dude you can build a defense around.
Do you think we are switching to a 3-4 amd do you think he could play OLB?
I know he was recruited as a rush defender out of HS.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Do you think we are switching to a 3-4 amd do you think he could play OLB?
I know he was recruited as a rush defender out of HS.

I haven't heard anything about that...but I think he could be a star in either scheme. A scheme change wouldn't change my take on him at all.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything about that...but I think he could be a star in either scheme. A scheme change wouldn't change my take on him at all.

I haven’t watched any tape on him, but I will in maybe the next week or two considering it’s already draft season for us.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score

I just don’t value a pb that high when you can find quality later. If we move to 3-4 and he is an olb that can rush yes please, if not then no thank you. I’ll go find a Fred Warner or someone like that in the 2nd or 3rd

phildadon86

Reaction score
You have 6 other rounds and all of free agency to fix the defense..

You don’t force a defensive or offensive player in the draft. That’s how you screw up a draft.

5 years of a high end Left tackle on a rookie deal is not smart to pass on.

If Tyron were to retire that instantly becomes the #1 need on the team.
I see you still havent looked at Parsons tape yet.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I just don’t value a pb that high when you can find quality later. If we move to 3-4 and he is an olb that can rush yes please, if not then no thank you. I’ll go find a Fred Warner or someone like that in the 2nd or 3rd

I get it, but if you don't have a trade partner I'd rather take the talent than reach on a more valuable position.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

He has the ability to be an edge rusher too. In any hybrid scheme you need players with diverse skills like Parsons.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He may be great. I’d like an answer for Chase Young for the next decade and cancel him out if at all possible.
I have a feeling Sewell wont be there when we pick. The Giants have Garrett now and he knows the value of a top LT.