Penn State Head Coach Joe Paterno FIRED *SuperMerge*

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
So what's the over under on how many minutes into an interview until a DFW mediot asks Sean Lee about this stuff?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4234861 said:
I'd say he did and he didn't.

He didn't because obviously he isn't the sex offender.

But he did because he played the part of enabler.

The man says he wishes he would have done more. Had he done more, this situation wouldn't even be happening.

His failure to act played it's role.

Had the people he went to with the information not lied to him about what they were going to do about it, this situation would not be happening either.

What would you think if two men you have been working with for years, one of them being head of campus police lied to you multiple times in telling you they had investigated and that it was found that nothing serious had happened?

Would you assume you had just been lied to and that there was more to it? I think not.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4234861 said:
I'd say he did and he didn't.

He didn't because obviously he isn't the sex offender.

But he did because he played the part of enabler.

The man says he wishes he would have done more. Had he done more, this situation wouldn't even be happening.

His failure to act played it's role.

Sure. Hindsight is 20/20. But he was the only one who took it to his superior other than McQeary and he was the eye witness who should have gone to the cops himself. Remember he was in his mid 20s at the time. Not some teenage kid.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4234840 said:
Oh don't act so high and mighty Ohio State fan. Your HC got caught cheating and got removed. Paterno got removed for something someone else did.

Let's not try and pretend that what Paterno did wasnt infinitely worse than what Tressell did. Tressell lied about athletic violations, Joe Paterno allowed numerous young children to be raped. One is wrong in the context of institutionalized athletics, the other is wrong on every conceivable moral level.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Don Corleone;4234869 said:
There likely was a coverup. I mean, I know Paterno is old and all, but if he reported it and saw Sandusky day after day for the next 9 years after reporting it, wouldn't he in his mind wonder what ever happened to that allegation?

If you reported a co-worker for doing something like that, and saw him still working with you years after the incident, wouldn't you ask what happened to the allegation?

He wasn't an employee there any longer.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;4234860 said:
Well you got a new name now.

Pedophile U

Are you really making jokes and laughing about such a serious incident like this?

Wow dude..

Don Corleone

Reaction score
casmith07;4234870 said:
So what's the over under on how many minutes into an interview until a DFW mediot asks Sean Lee about this stuff?

JJT is probably reading this thread right now, and getting ready to fire up the questions.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4234875 said:
Let's not try and pretend that what Paterno did wasnt infinitely worse than what Tressell did. Tressell lied about athletic violations, Joe Paterno allowed numerous young children to be raped. One is wrong in the context of institutionalized athletics, the other is wrong on every conceivable moral level.

Saying paterno "allowed" children to be raped is pathetic. But hate on!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4234874 said:
Sure. Hindsight is 20/20. But he was the only one who took it to his superior other than McQeary and he was the eye witness who should have gone to the cops himself. Remember he was in his mid 20s at the time. Not some teenage kid.

And how does one failure to act absolve the other?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4234875 said:

Joe Paterno didn't allow numerous young children to be raped anymore than the mother of the student in 1998 allowed numerous children to be raped.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4234873 said:
Would you assume you had just been lied to and that there was more to it? I think not.

At somepoint, over the 9 or so years, with me seeing or hearing about him being on campus, yes I would know I was lied to

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4234878 said:
Are you really making jokes and laughing about such a serious incident like this?

Wow dude..

That's the kind of pathetic people Ohio State has for fans.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
casmith07;4234870 said:

Why wouldn't the media ask him for his opinion on it? Hopefully, he just leaves it go and doesn't comment.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4234851 said:
It's always been a dirty program. Maurice Clarett anyone?

No division 1 program has had more players arrested over the last 25 years than Penn State. Not Miami, not Texas, not Ohio State, not USC, but Penn State.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The truth is there are likely several trustees and boosters who have wanted Paterno gone for years but he was too popular. This was simply a perfect way to get rid of him now.

As I said, I'm not a Penn State or Paterno fan at all but 1) I hate when the media writes their versions of the stories and then proceeds to tell their readers/listeners their versions of the facts in order to promote their own agendas and 2) I hate the reality tv philosophy of feeding the need many people have to bring down anyone perceived to be more important or popular than they are as if it will right some wrong in their life.

Now if the actual facts come out and they show Paterno knew details and did nothing, then by all means fire him. But after his grand jury testimony, the police filed no charges against him and Paterno said he reported what he was told to the administration. His only mistake was relying on the administration to do their job and report it to the police. Instead, they chose to cover it up.

#reality

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4234882 said:
And how does one failure to act absolve the other?

Paterno acted. The ones above him failed to do their job. That's why they are being indicted and NOT Paterno. Get a clue.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4234866 said:
you mean the AD on administrative leave? he'll get his

Yes.. the AD who is still employed by Penn State.. as well as the actual eye witness who is still employed by Penn State and will probably coach this weekend, maybe as the HEAD COACH.

Board of Trustees must be more concerned with PR than the welfare of the children who were actually harmed. Wouldn't suprise me.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4234888 said:
No division 1 program has had more players arrested over the last 25 years than Penn State. Not Miami, not Texas, not Ohio State, not USC, but Penn State.

Want to provide a link to that?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Reality;4234890 said:
The truth is there are likely several trustees and boosters who have wanted Paterno gone for years but he was too popular. This was simply a perfect way to get rid of him now.

As I said, I'm not a Penn State or Paterno fan at all but 1) I hate when the media writes their versions of the stories and then proceeds to tell their readers/listeners their versions of the facts in order to promote their own agendas and 2) I hate the reality tv philosophy of feeding the need many people have to bring down anyone perceived to be more important or popular than they are as if it will right some wrong in their life.

Now if the actual facts come out and they show Paterno knew details and did nothing, then by all means fire him. But after his grand jury testimony, the police filed no charges against him and Paterno said he reported what he was told to the administration. His only mistake was relying on the administration to do their job and report it to the police. Instead, they chose to cover it up.

#reality

It really isn't a difficult concept to understand, yet so many want to put a spin on it.