Penn State Head Coach Joe Paterno FIRED *SuperMerge*

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
MC KAos;4234905 said:
anyone defending paterno is insane! think about this, had he done the RIGHT thing and gone to the police, at least 5 kids out there wouldnt know what it feels like to be RAPED!

Paterno deserves to be fired, deserves to be crapped on in the court of public opinion, and if it was up to me, deserves to be criminally accountable for his lack of action.

and before any of you apologists decide to flame on me, remember you are defending a guy that could have prevented CHILDREN from being sexually abused!

He did give the information he had to the head of campus police man. He was then lied to about their "investigation" of the allegations.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4234909 said:
Well the law would argue with you about that.

That's fine. Legal responsibilities and moral obligations aren't always in line.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Manwiththeplan;4234914 said:
legality =/= morality

And very thankful that is the case .. otherwise we'd be held accountable for every moral belief of others no matter how questionable.

#reality

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4234917 said:
Really? Someone went to the cops in 1998 and he continued to rape kids because they did nothing.

PROVE that if Paterno, who wasn't a witness, went to the cops and things would be different.

and that person that went to the cops did the right thing. just because the police did nothing about it doesnt excuse paterno from not going to the proper people, the police. just because the cops didnt do anything about it in 98 doesnt make it ok for no one else do nothing again

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
lane;4234916 said:
can someone explain to me what the hell is going on?

was the the assistant coach charged with raping boys or college players?

He wasn't an assistant coach since 1999. He hasn't been associated with the football program after the first incident was reported.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4234899 said:
That is a stupid statement.

Just because you cannot bring yourself to comprehend the disgusting magnitude of what has occured does not make it stupid or false.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4234873 said:
Had the people he went to with the information not lied to him about what they were going to do about it, this situation would not be happening either.

What would you think if two men you have been working with for years, one of them being head of campus police lied to you multiple times in telling you they had investigated and that it was found that nothing serious had happened?

Would you assume you had just been lied to and that there was more to it? I think not.

What outcome do you expect for pedophiles?

I know what I expect. Witness testimony and medical evidence, I'd expect prison.

When that didn't happen, I'd know for sure I was lied to......wouldn't you?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Reality;4234925 said:
And very thankful that is the case .. otherwise we'd be held accountable for every moral belief of others no matter how questionable.

#reality

Im not sure what you're trying to imply here sir, but this is a board of saints and virgins.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4234929 said:
Just because you cannot bring yourself to comprehend the disgusting magnitude of what has occured does not make it stupid or false.

What occurred was disgusting. I comprehend it. what you can't comprehend is that the bad guy is Sandusky. And as far as the law is concerned, the two superiors to Paterno.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Reality;4234925 said:

#reality

Which wouldn't be the case here.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The30YardSlant;4234919 said:
Odds are there is some truth to this. The bottom line however is that Pateno did not fulfill a basic human obligation, and while he certainly is not the only one to blame and making him out to be the lone scapegoat is wrong, he doesnt deserve to be remembered for anything else now. The man didnt pay football players or lie to the NCAA about boosters, he helped allow one of the most heinous crimes possible to keep occuring, and for what?

So Paterno is tried and convicted based on what? The media's articles telling you how to think? Radio commentators telling you how to think? Let's hope you are never targeted.

#reality

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4234933 said:
In the showers with some of them.

what are young children doing in the showers at a college campus?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4234932 said:
What outcome do you expect for pedophiles?

I know what I expect. Witness testimony and medical evidence, I'd expect prison.

When that didn't happen, I'd know for sure I was lied to......wouldn't you?

Are you implying that Joe somehow knew for sure that this rape actually took place, even though he never saw it?

MC KAos

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4234928 said:
He wasn't an assistant coach since 1999. He hasn't been associated with the football program after the first incident was reported.

no, but he was allowed to be around campus and use satellite campuses for his "organization"

MC KAos

Reaction score
Reality;4234925 said:

#reality

raping young children is not about moral belief, its heinous no matter who you are or what you believe in.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoofbite;4234936 said:
Which wouldn't be the case here.

Here the law and morality go hand in hand given how heinous the crimes were by the ones charged or about to be charged.

#reality

Hoofbite

Reaction score
lane;4234938 said:
what are young children doing in the showers at a college campus?

He used a foundation he set up to get close to these kids, bought them things, took them to games and such.

Those kids were there to get raped, brought there by Sandusky. Simple, premeditated and absolutely horrific.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4234909 said:
Well the law would argue with you about that.

He acted just far enough to cover his butt legally. Any decent human being does more than he did.

Most men with children would have had a mind to beat the hell out of Sandusky themselves, and you want me to believe he was in the right for not even going to the police? No sir, no gonna fly.