Penn State Head Coach Joe Paterno FIRED *SuperMerge*

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4234881 said:
Saying paterno "allowed" children to be raped is pathetic. But hate on!

Every person involved in that laughable chain of command who did not go to the authorities is responsible for every single child that Sandusky harmed since the first incident was reported.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4234874 said:
Sure. Hindsight is 20/20. But he was the only one who took it to his superior other than McQeary and he was the eye witness who should have gone to the cops himself. Remember he was in his mid 20s at the time. Not some teenage kid.
And he now is employed by Penn St as their receivers coach. He needs relieved of his duties as well. What about the janitor who also was a witness to Sandusky's deviant criminal act upon a young boy? Anyone know his current status or whereabouts?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4234888 said:
No division 1 program has had more players arrested over the last 25 years than Penn State. Not Miami, not Texas, not Ohio State, not USC, but Penn State.

Thank you.

ESPN did an interview on it awhile ago. Paterno left in a huff, claiming it was a 'witch hunt.' He has a history of minimalizing stuff with players and their off the field issues.

I'm actually surprised ESPN hasn't brought this up since it was their interview that Paterno walked out on.

YR

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4234896 said:
Every person involved in that laughable chain of command who did not go to the authorities is responsible for every single child that Sandusky harmed since the first incident was reported.

That is a stupid statement.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4234878 said:
Are you really making jokes and laughing about such a serious incident like this?

Wow dude..

Laughing about kids being raped?

No.

Laughing at Paterno getting what he deserves?

Yes.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4234892 said:
Paterno acted. The ones above him failed to do their job. That's why they are being indicted and NOT Paterno. Get a clue.

He acted only to the extent he incorrectly felt necessary.

He did just enough to pass the responsibility off to someone else.

Not good enough.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
A lot of this story just ain't making a lot of sense. Which means, there probably is a lot more information which we just haven't heard yet.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Blast From The Past;4234897 said:
And he now is employed by Penn St as their receivers coach. He needs relieved of his duties as well. What about the janitor who also was a witness to Sandusky's deviant criminal act upon a young boy? Anyone know his current status or whereabouts?

The janitor who witnessed it is in a nursing home suffering from dimentia.

YR

MC KAos

Reaction score
anyone defending paterno is insane! think about this, had he done the RIGHT thing and gone to the police, at least 5 kids out there wouldnt know what it feels like to be RAPED!

Paterno deserves to be fired, deserves to be crapped on in the court of public opinion, and if it was up to me, deserves to be criminally accountable for his lack of action.

and before any of you apologists decide to flame on me, remember you are defending a guy that could have prevented CHILDREN from being sexually abused!

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score

The latter has dementia.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4234901 said:
He acted only to the extent he incorrectly felt necessary.

He did just enough to pass the responsibility off to someone else.

Not good enough.

Well the law would argue with you about that.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

he's mentally unstable and suffers from dementia.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;4234900 said:
Laughing about kids being raped?

No.

Laughing at Paterno getting what he deserves?

Yes.

You referred to the university as "Pedophile U". You'd be best to just stop while you're behind.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
can someone explain to me what the hell is going on?

was the the assistant coach charged with raping boys or college players?

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
MC KAos;4234905 said:
anyone defending paterno is insane! think about this, had he done the RIGHT thing and gone to the police, at least 5 kids out there wouldnt know what it feels like to be RAPED!

Paterno deserves to be fired, deserves to be crapped on in the court of public opinion, and if it was up to me, deserves to be criminally accountable for his lack of action.

and before any of you apologists decide to flame on me, remember you are defending a guy that could have prevented CHILDREN from being sexually abused!

Really? Someone went to the cops in 1998 and he continued to rape kids because they did nothing.

PROVE that if Paterno, who wasn't a witness, went to the cops and things would be different.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;4234733 said:
Go on the radio. PLENTY of radio hosts are blasting McQueary for his lack of action.

And I agree. At the age of 28, you're supposed to be a grown man. Instead, this guy has to be told what to do by his dad and then sticks his head in the sand when nothing happens.

Those who knew and did next to nothing, deserve blame.

McQueary deserves criticism... without a doubt...

BUT... look at it from his point of view. He had NO authority at PSU. He was a young man that was putting himself in the position to tarnish one of the most respected coaches in history. He was putting himself in the position to tarnish one of the most respected assistant coaches in history.

It was a no win for him...

Should he have called 911? Yes, but he was disturbed enough to make the initial report...

I'm not excusing him, but I AM trying to see things from a young man's point of view...

Larry, Moe and Curley should be released into the streets for the masses... stupid, stupid selfish ****s...

I am disappointed in Paterno, but as I have said in other posts, I think he went Pontius Pilate on Sandusky and was disgusted with him...

McQueary is guilty of reporting this and not carrying through...

None of these guys are going unscathed...

Just more collateral damage for Sandusky... well done...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Reality;4234890 said:
The truth is there are likely several trustees and boosters who have wanted Paterno gone for years but he was too popular. This was simply a perfect way to get rid of him now.

As I said, I'm not a Penn State or Paterno fan at all but 1) I hate when the media writes their versions of the stories and then proceeds to tell their readers/listeners their versions of the facts in order to promote their own agendas and 2) I hate the reality tv philosophy of feeding the need many people have to bring down anyone perceived to be more important or popular than they are as if it will right some wrong in their life.

Now if the actual facts come out and they show Paterno knew details and did nothing, then by all means fire him. But after his grand jury testimony, the police filed no charges against him and Paterno said he reported what he was told to the administration. His only mistake was relying on the administration to do their job and report it to the police. Instead, they chose to cover it up.

#reality

Odds are there is some truth to this. The bottom line however is that Pateno did not fulfill a basic human obligation, and while he certainly is not the only one to blame and making him out to be the lone scapegoat is wrong, he doesnt deserve to be remembered for anything else now. The man didnt pay football players or lie to the NCAA about boosters, he helped allow one of the most heinous crimes possible to keep occuring, and for what?

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
lane;4234916 said:
can someone explain to me what the hell is going on?

was the the assistant coach charged with raping boys or college players?

Young boys. As young as 8 years old.