Penn State Head Coach Joe Paterno FIRED *SuperMerge*

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4235073 said:
Paterno's is the most relevant because it's the middle of football season. They couldnt afford to have him out on the sideline on national TV coaching a football game.

I would be shocked if McQueary is on the sidelines on Saturday. And I bet that stadium is half empty.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4235071 said:
Yeah, because he could have PHYSICALLY stopped the rape. Plus, he shoudln't have waited until the next day. If as you say the cops should have been notified right away (And they should have), he failed to do what he was supposed to do. And he was in his mid 20s at the time.

You like to say "If it was your kid..." Well, if my kids were getting raped and an adult saw it and did nothing to intervene to stop it, I would be just as mad at him.

we dont agree often, but you are 100% correct here, how many of us sees a kid getting raped, and runs? if i ran it would be to go get something big and heavy to knock the living **** our of that ******* rapist with!! that guy could have seriously put a stop to it, he stops it, takes the kid to the hospital, gets DNA, BOOM case closed.

Yakuza Rich;4235075 said:
Sandusky used the 2nd Mile to find boys, used Penn State to entice the boys, and then used his house and Penn State facilities to prey on boys.

2nd Mile was established...I believe in 1977.

The 8th victim was around 1995.

Almost 20 years unaccounted for.

Almost 20 have been reported to have come forward. I'm think the real number is more like 50 over the years. Odds are, about 25 will come forward.

This will be the ugliest story in the history of sports.

YR

sad and true

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
fan62;4235085 said:
Paterno was the coach back then, and players were making $$ from Ticket sales.

Texas got sanctioned a couple of years before this and lost scholarships, so those of you who think Paterno ran a perfect (squeaky clean) program can forget it. I know better.
Some are protecting Paterno like he is a Saint. He had cheating at his precious school too!

LOL!!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4235034 said:
The problem here is some think campus police forces are just rent a cop or something, instead of legitimate departments. They had jurisdiction for a matter that occured on campus though and it should have been handled when the information was told to the head of the campus police Schultz.

As someone who went to a school with the largest campus police force in the country, I can say without a doubt that campus police are worthless. Yes, they do technically have authority and jurisdiction. However, they are busy writing tickets for people riding their bikes on the wrong side of street and are notoriously laughed at and despised by "real" police forces, so much so that they arent even factored in when there is a campus emergency They immediately send other area police, and campus police lose all jurisdiction once they arrive.

In summary, they can't be trusted to hold their own dongs while pissing, let alone investigate a rapist.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4235087 said:
I would be shocked if McQueary is on the sidelines on Saturday. And I bet that stadium is half empty.

I guarantee it won't be.

You don't realize how big PSU football is here. The area, hell the region, shuts down.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
2233boys;4235074 said:
McQueary was also in position to end the rape, and he didn't do that. He walked away. He still has a job. The AD still has his job. They both should have been fired tonight too.

Actually he couldn't have stopped it, but rather shortened it... still, the damage was done...

I think I read where they saw him too and quickly left... I could be wrong...

I wasn't excusing McQueary by any means... just speculating what might be going through his mind...

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
2233boys;4235086 said:
He is out on bail (which was only 100,000 how sick is that), I see no way he doesn't off himself before this goes to trial.

I didn't know he was out on bail. I missed all that. And the 100K is absurd. Maybe one of the boys who i an adult now an find him and take him out.

MC KAos

Reaction score

agree on the former. as for the latter, i think they will be there and make their voices heard! again, i hope they keep it peaceful. i doubt they even pay attention to the game

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
2233boys;4235093 said:
I guarantee it won't be.

You don't realize how big PSU football is here. The area, hell the region, shuts down.

Yeah I know. I lived just a few miles from there. Was actually born about 80 miles from there. I know.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score

No doubt it will. Lots of angry students.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
2233boys;4235093 said:
I guarantee it won't be.

They have the second largest student section in the country. Even if half fail to show up, that's 15,000+ empty seats.

MC KAos

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4235092 said:
As someone who went to a school with the largest campus police force in the country, I can say without a doubt that campus police are worthless. Yes, they do technically have authority and jurisdiction. However, they are busy writing tickets for people riding their bikes on the wrong side of street and are notoriously laughed at and despised by "real" police forces, so much so that they arent even factored in when there is a campus emergency They immediately send other area police, and campus police lose all jurisdiction once they arrive.

In summary, they can't be trusted to hold their own dongs while pissing, let alone investigate a rapist.

i can only speak from experience, but the campus police at UT are pretty worthless, bums hang around intimidating skinny males and all females, they are slow to calls of complaints around campus, and they are rarely at the posts they are supposed to be at to prevent cars from coming into campus.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4235099 said:

See above it will be full. There was word passed today for everyone to come to the game in black. You will see a sea of black, and chants of "WE ARE PENN STATE!" from a sold out stadium.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4235101 said:
They have the second largest student section in the country. Even if half fail to show up, that's 15,000+ empty seats.

I guarentee you it will be full.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4235083 said:
No, he's not. And the sad part is the ones that are saying he is, don't really believe it themselves. They just like being clanging symbols to make noise or feel they need a cause to trumpet. No one in their right mind would believe it.

Please tell me you are discerning between those that think he should be gone on different levels...

I have laid out my reasoning over and over again but you never respond to those...

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue;4235095 said:
Actually he couldn't have stopped it, but rather shortened it... still, the damage was done...

I think I read where they saw him too and quickly left... I could be wrong...

I wasn't excusing McQueary by any means... just speculating what might be going through his mind...

Stopped and Shortened are the same thing in the context of my post. If I had said prevented you would have a point.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
trickblue;4235106 said:
Please tell me you are discerning between those that think he should be gone on different levels...

I have laid out my reasoning over and over again but you never respond to those...

Those that think he is the villian are the ones I am talking about. The ones who say he helped rape the kids. The ones who think for some some bizarre reason that Paterno is the judge, jury and executioner at Penn State.

Those are the ones I am talking about.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4235092 said:

If that's the case then their job would be to refer the matter to the local city police. Either way, they failed to do their job.. and Joe's only mistake was trusting those above him to do their jobs and not going to a higher authority himself.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4235059 said:
Right. Schultz. Who lied to Paterno. How was Paterno to know he was being lied to?

Maybe by the fact that Sandusky wasn't arrested and imprisoned for being a pedophile.

You'd think that the information he had and relayed had to be pretty significant if he went to his superiors and campus police, wouldn't it?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4235099 said:

They will be there. The stadium will be full and the students will be as loud as ever.