Penn State Head Coach Joe Paterno FIRED *SuperMerge*

joseephuss

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4236125 said:
lol

Everything comes back to Joe. Im not talking about Joe at all in this post, im saying these media fools are coming forward and saying "yea we had people tell us this for years now that this kinda thing was going on."

Oh.. so you guys were told this was going on but never said anything? It may not have much of an effect legally, but morally they are indicting themselves as being just another group of people who knew something and said nothing.

Yep, it makes them look bad. It also makes Paterno look worse since he probably knew more than any of them did.

Stautner

Reaction score
Double Trouble;4236146 said:
I'd bet they decline any bowl invitation, just guessing. There is going to be a shadow over their university for months, if not longer.

HOF for Joe Pa? I'd say it depends on what comes out in the coming weeks. If it doesn't get any worse for him, probably yes. If it were to be discovered that he had explicit knowledge all along of Sandusky's behavior, then I'd say no chance.

I hope they don't. The players don't deserve to be screwed out of what they earned.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
joseephuss;4236166 said:
Yep, it makes them look bad. It also makes Paterno look worse since he probably knew more than any of them did.

It does make him look bad. He knew about at least the one incident and didn't go to the municipal police or any child welfare agency with the information. He thought going to the campus police and athletic director was enough and that they would handle it, and he was wrong. For that, he needs to go, and he knew as much. Do you think for one second its not weighing on his heart right now? I doubt anyone involved knew the scope or depth of the problem or the kind of man Sandusky really was, based on everything im hearing from people who were close to them.

Joe *** up.. he knows it, there's no excuse and its something he'll have to live with for the rest of his life.

joseephuss

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4236178 said:
They were both fired at the same announcement by the BoT.

And before that, Curley and Schults were charged with perjury. That was on November 6th. Both also stepped down. That happened before Paterno announced he would retire at the end of the season and told the board of trustees to focus their attention elsewhere. Paterno was not the first person to be dealt with. Not a scape goat. Just a person who had to deal with poor judgement on his part. And he is not alone. There are others and they will be or should be joined by a few more.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Joe Realist;4236155 said:
Joe Pa is already is in the hall of fame already.

Well, I can see them removing him very soon. I just read the whole grand jury indictment. Horrible. Absolutely despicable actions by nearly all the people who had any knowledge.

Everything he accomplished up til that point will be overshadowed and minimalized by his stupid decisions. Unless he can successfully blame it on old age senility.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
joseephuss;4236239 said:
And before that, Curley and Schults were charged with perjury. That was on November 6th. Both also stepped down. That happened before Paterno announced he would retire at the end of the season and told the board of trustees to focus their attention elsewhere. Paterno was not the first person to be dealt with. Not a scape goat. Just a person who had to deal with poor judgement on his part. And he is not alone. There are others and they will be or should be joined by a few more.

Schultz stepped down.. Curley is still employed. Neither were let go.. although its of little importance.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
ninja;4236244 said:
Well, I can see them removing him very soon. I just read the whole grand jury indictment. Horrible. Absolutely despicable actions by nearly all the people who had any knowledge.

Everything he accomplished up til that point will be overshadowed and minimalized by his stupid decisions. Unless he can successfully blame it on old age senility.

Innocent until proven guilty...... that's what I love about...........oh wait.

I wish you would share everything you know that the rest of the world does not.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Stautner;4236172 said:
I hope they don't. The players don't deserve to be screwed out of what they earned.

What bowl would even make an offer to PSU? What sponsor would want their name even remotely associated with PSU at this time? Corporations don't want to be anywhere near all that negativity and protests. Guilt by association. I wouldn't doubt if many corporations cancel any on-campus interviews at PSU in the near future.

Sure, the players don't deserve it but, like they say, life ain't fair.

SDogo

Reaction score
ninja;4236267 said:
What bowl would even make an offer to PSU? What sponsor would want their name even remotely associated with PSU at this time? Corporations don't want to be anywhere near all that negativity and protests. Guilt by association. I wouldn't doubt if many corporations cancel any on-campus interviews at PSU in the near future.

Sure, the players don't deserve it but, like they say, life ain't fair.

Interesting we want to talk morals but I promise you when these Bowl games come calling they are not thinking about these kids they are seeing $$$ signs.

Bottom line is Penn State nation travels better then almost any school in the US. Coupled with the turmoil it's a sure money maker people will tune into to see. If we know anything by now it's that networks love a turmoil and the press loves a story.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
SDogo;4236252 said:
Innocent until proven guilty...... that's what I love about...........oh wait.

I wish you would share everything you know that the rest of the world does not.

Is this where you get on your soapbox and proclaim to the world that OJ is innocent? Good luck with that simplistic cliche "innocent until proven guilty." That dog ain't hunting in the court of public opinion.

Now that JoePa is gone and their football program is in the bottom of the septic tank, I guess PSU will try to put Pitt back on the schedule?:rolleyes:

SDogo

Reaction score
ninja;4236283 said:
Is this where you get on your soapbox and proclaim to the world that OJ is innocent? Good luck with that simplistic cliche "innocent until proven guilty." That dog ain't hunting in the court of public opinion.

Now that JoePa is gone and their football program is in the bottom of the septic tank, I guess PSU will try to put Pitt back on the schedule?:rolleyes:

The misinformed make the world a colorful place.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
SDogo;4236302 said:
The misinformed make the world a colorful place.

Doesn't matter how colorful the world really is. You will never see it with your JoePa blinders on.

SDogo

Reaction score
ninja;4236305 said:
Doesn't matter how colorful the world really is. You will never see it with your JoePa blinders on.

Speaking of blinders it seems you only see what you want because I have made it very clear that once the process plays out I don't care what the last name is. Guilty is guilty and I'll call it as such but the truth does not seem to fit your agenda here so continue to ignore.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
It appears the Feds are going to get involved. One Senator is requesting they do because they violated the Clery Act.

YR

SDogo

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;4236339 said:
It appears the Feds are going to get involved. One Senator is requesting they do because they violated the Clery Act.

YR

Again, sort of expected but I find it weird that many of them are actually questioning the firing of Joe in light of how other things have been handled.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yakuza Rich;4236339 said:

YR

Boy, I just can't imagine all the in's & out's this situation is going to take over the coming months and dare I say it... years.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki;4236346 said:
Boy, I just can't imagine all the in's & out's this situation is going to take over the coming months and dare I say it... years.

Poor choice of words?;)