Penn State Head Coach Joe Paterno FIRED *SuperMerge*

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
joseephuss;4237056 said:
There is speculation that the state whistle blower laws may be playing a part as to why McQueary has not been fired yet. Even if they can't fire him right now, they can suspend him. There is no reason for him to be at the game this weekend.

I heard them speculating on GAC last night that the reason he hasn't been fired is that 'legally' he did all he had to do and that if they fired him he could sue them.

Rogah

Reaction score
joseephuss;4237056 said:
There is speculation that the state whistle blower laws may be playing a part as to why McQueary has not been fired yet. Even if they can't fire him right now, they can suspend him. There is no reason for him to be at the game this weekend.
It has been decided that McQueary won't be at the game tomorrow. The official reason is that he has received death threats and everyone decided it would be best for him to stay away. So it sounds to me like he'll still be paid; i.e. this isn't a backdoor suspension or anything like that.

I'm not sure how whistleblower laws could be protecting McQueary. He didn't report what he saw to anyone - at least not until the grand jury. You're considered a whistleblower if you step forth with some info, not if they have to drag it out of you:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
They said later on GAC that the ESPN legal analyst said the whistleblower law didn't apply to McQueary. He said they could fire him if they chose.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Paterno knew of an allegation about Sandusky with a boy in the shower in 1998. When another allegation came in 2002, his conscience should have insisted that he do something. He told his boss, the athletic director. As you know by now: No one at Penn State called the police.

Sandusky went on working at his charity for disadvantaged and vulnerable kids.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...y-jerry-sandusky-sex-abuse-allegations-111011

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Here is my general question, since I can't start a new thread on it... Why do, or did, people see Paterno as some kind of flawless, Godlike figure who couldn't possibly hide something like this?

I understand that he seems like a gentlemanly, grandfatherly type, but why do people think he would be above covering this up?

It's still weird to me the reverence people have for this guy. He's a football coach who won a ton of games, but he's still a man. And all football coaches who run not just programs, but empires like at PSU, have a very tough side to them that the public doesn't see.

JackWagon

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4237217 said:
Here is my general question, since I can't start a new thread on it... Why do, or did, people see Paterno as some kind of flawless, Godlike figure who couldn't possibly hide something like this?

I understand that he seems like a gentlemanly, grandfatherly type, but why do people think he would be above covering this up?

It's still weird to me the reverence people have for this guy. He's a football coach who won a ton of games, but he's still a man. And all football coaches who run not just programs, but empires like at PSU, have a very tough side to them that the public doesn't see.

Ohio State was the same way with Woody Hayes ... He is still worshipped in Ohio even after slugging the kid from Clemson. When i mean worshipped i mean even bigger than Landry is here. People love that dude in Ohio.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
JackWagon;4237223 said:
Ohio State was the same way with Woody Hayes ... He is still worshipped in Ohio even after slugging the kid from Clemson. When i mean worshipped i mean even bigger than Landry is here. People love that dude in Ohio.

He's a God in Ohio.

And Charlie Baumann deserved it.

Don't pick of that pass and Hayes doesn't have to clock him.

JackWagon

Reaction score
http://********.com/5858636/a-penn-...rry-sandusky-also-represented-the-second-mile

Nice ... even the lawyers were playin both sides. DISGUSTING. This just keeps getting worse.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;4237190 said:
Paterno knew of an allegation about Sandusky with a boy in the shower in 1998. When another allegation came in 2002, his conscience should have insisted that he do something. He told his boss, the athletic director. As you know by now: No one at Penn State called the police.

Sandusky went on working at his charity for disadvantaged and vulnerable kids.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...y-jerry-sandusky-sex-abuse-allegations-111011

The police and state welfare dept got an admittance of guilt from Sandusky in 98 that he showered with a young boy and continued working at his charity as well.

You don't hear any public outrage over that though..

joseephuss

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4237296 said:
The police and state welfare dept got an admittance of guilt from Sandusky in 98 that he showered with a young boy and continued working at his charity as well.

Yes, you do. Every step of this whole matter is being scrutinized. Keep playing up Paterno as the victim in all of this.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4237296 said:

So Paterno did know about Sandusky before 2002?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4237217 said:

Everyone who's ever been close to him has nothing but the greatest respect for the way he conducts himself and all that he's done to help the university, the students there, and his players. According to the information, he wasn't part of the cover up. Those men involved would be Spanier, Curley, and Schultz.. one of those three is still employed by PSU, even after facing federal perjury charges and being known to have lied to several people about a phantom "investigation" over the 2002 incident.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;4237303 said:
So Paterno did know about Sandusky before 2002?

He had to have known.. the incident was reported in 98 and at the end of the year he told Sandusky he'd never be the head coach of the university and Sandusky then "retired". After that it seems they weren't very big pals.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4237305 said:
According to the information, he wasn't part of the cover up.

I don't think the information says that.

I think it says that legally...for now...Paterno is cleared. That he didn't help cover that up, it doesn't say that he did or didn't.

YR

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
joseephuss;4237302 said:
Yes, you do. Every step of this whole matter is being scrutinized. Keep playing up Paterno as the victim in all of this.

Never once will say a victim.. the media's scapegoat. You don't hear near the media coverage or outrage about any of the other 100 people who could have "done more" as you do about him.. evidenced even here as he's still the guy everyone is talking about.

joseephuss

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4237326 said:
Never once will say a victim.. the media's scapegoat. You don't hear near the media coverage or outrage about any of the other 100 people who could have "done more" as you do about him.. evidenced even here as he's still the guy everyone is talking about.

Sure no one has even mentioned anyone else involved in this mess. Keep believing that.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;4237321 said:
I don't think the information says that.

I think it says that legally...for now...Paterno is cleared. That he didn't help cover that up, it doesn't say that he did or didn't.

YR

Im pretty sure the information says that McQueary went to his superior, Joe went to his superior and the head of campus police was alerted, then after the meeting with the head of campus police and the AD, Joe was told they would take care of it and a couple weeks later they came back and told him they had investigated and there was no substance to the allegations.

So again, according to the information we have.. Joe wasn't part of the cover up.

Sorry to interrupt with the facts, continue with your wild assumptions and false accusations bud.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
joseephuss;4237331 said:
Sure no one has even mentioned anyone else involved in this mess. Keep believing that.

You arn't very good with comprehension, are you?

Put it this way.. look at every single article, report, etc.. put out in the last week over this incident.. you would find 100 articles about Joe and the outrage over his part in this to every article you find about Sandusky, or McQueary, or Curley, or Schultz, or Spanier, etc..

Everything has been about Joe.. just like its been here. 500 pages of replies, almost all about Joe Paterno.

Keep denying it if you'd like.. doesn't make it any less true.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4237332 said:
Im pretty sure the information says that McQueary went to his superior, Joe went to his superior and the head of campus police was alerted, then after the meeting with the head of campus police and the AD, Joe was told they would take care of it and a couple weeks later they came back and told him they had investigated and there was no substance to the allegations.

So again, according to the information we have.. Joe wasn't part of the cover up.

Sorry to interrupt with the facts, continue with your wild assumptions and false accusations bud.

The facts say that Paterno went to the AD and did nothing beyond that. Didn't follow up. Didn't question Sandusky who was STILL on Penn State grounds and occasionally going to classes.

If you can't draw a very simple conclusion that Paterno made no attempt to see thru the situation, your priorities over your favorite college football team are severly out of whack.

Had they told Paterno 'we investigated and it was a simple misunderstanding', he may have a small leg to stand on. But that wasn't the case.

Good freaking grief.

It's football, not life.

YR