Penn State Sex Abuse Scandal (Indictment Post #144, "Pimping" Allegations Post #442)

JBond

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4234008 said:
I agree.. and there are alot of questions to be answered yet. That's why i get upset at those just throwing out blind accusations based off assumption and false information. Joe isn't one of those who has lied about anything related to this topic though. Curley, Spanier, Schultz.. all have.

As for the charity, they were actually notified about several of the incidents according to the testimony.. yet they too failed to do anything.

Sandusky really is a sick and evil ****. His actions are purely disgusting at best.

Wow. hadn't gotten that far yet in my reading. Hell of a children's charity. Money and power does strange things to some people. Sounds like both Penn State and the Charity believed their priorities were greater than that of the children.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4234000 said:
Not one person has claimed otherwise.

And RTH, you mention Paterno reporting this to the police and assuming it was handled. Well, when you see this guy who did a sexual act -- any sexual act, you don't have to know the details -- with a boy still around your program, how could you think it was handled?

And if somehow you thought the whole story was a lie, why wouldn't you grill McQuery about why he'd make up such a terrible accusation? Instead, McQuery stays around and eventually gets a promotion.

I didn't say he assumed it was handled. I said he was told by the head of university police and his superior that it would be handled. Joe never "saw" a sexual act committed Lab, that was the grad student.

They banned Sandusky as soon as they heard about it from bringing any boys onto campus.. the rest of his acts were committed at satelite campuses where he was running his football camp. I understand and agree Joe should have done more, but he was also lied to by the people who are responsible for alerting the proper authorities. We all know Joe should have done more, as everyone in this case should have.. Joe knows it too. He has already stated as much and will suffer in his own mind and heart for this.

Again, if anyone thinks Joe knew the extent of what was going on here, or that Sandusky was really an evil man of this magnitude, they are fools. They had been friends for 30 years and every account given is of shock at who Sandusky really is, because everyone around him knew him as the guy next door who would do anything for you and was always nice and respectful and just a great guy.

I guess the moral of this story is you can't really ever trust anyone.

Stautner

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4233994 said:
Most would call the local police, and that's basically what University Police is to Penn State. They arn't rent-a-cop. They are their own department.

There is a local city police department that would have jurisdiction.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Stautner;4234025 said:
There is a local city police department that would have jurisdiction.

Its an incident that happened on campus. The University police are there for that reason.

Either way, my point is that its not like he told some rent-a-cop.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4233662 said:
I'll tell ya, I'll never think of the term "back cracking" the same way every again.

Gonna be skipping the next chiropractor visit?

Yeah, that whole depiction was just disturbing.

Stautner

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4234033 said:
Its an incident that happened on campus. The University police are there for that reason.

Look, the point I was asking about was why report it to the State authorities? Even if the campus police were the first level of authority that just tells us there was yet another level of jurisdiction in front of the state authroities.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Stautner;4234040 said:
Look, the point I was asking about was why report it to the State authorities? Even if the campus police were the first level of authority that just tells us there was yet another level of jurisdiction in front of the state authroities.

I was agreeing with you.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4233947 said:
Agreed.. they will suffer enough inside in their own minds and hearts for failing to do more to stop it. They don't need anyone to tell them that they should have done more to help.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

FWIW, Joe Pa could've used his influence in so many ways to stop Sandusky. If we are to believe that Paterno told him he woudn't be the coach in 99' due to the incidents in 98', then when he heard about the other incidents in 02' he could've

-gone to the press. what more reliable source is there in Pennslyvania?
-told the AD/Pres that if Sandusky is ever seen on campus again, I will immediately quit. On top of that, he cannot use the Penn State name with anything he associates with.
-told the 2nd mile charity that he will not associate with/denounce anything that has anything to do with Sandusky

Had he done any of this things, then he would likely be escaping blame, but honestly his inaction says more about him than anything he's "good" for the community.
-

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4234058 said:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

FWIW, Joe Pa could've used his influence in so many ways to stop Sandusky. If we are to believe that Paterno told him he woudn't be the coach in 99' due to the incidents in 98', then when he heard about the other incidents in 02' he could've

-told the AD/Pres that if Sandusky is ever seen on campus again, I will immediately quit. On top of that, he cannot use the Penn State name with anything he associates with.
-told the 2nd mile charity that he will not associate with/denounce anything that has anything to do with Sandusky

Had he done any of this things, then he would likely be escaping blame, but honestly his inaction says more about him than anything he's "good" for the community.
-

Ludicrous. What more reliable source that the press? Really?

He was banned from the campus. Unfortunately it wasn't enforced.

The last part of your post is utterly foolish.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4234058 said:

-

The only part of this I disagree with is that his inaction in one incident should outweigh all the good he's done in helping people succeed for 60 plus years. We've all had at least one incident in our life where we had the oppertunity to be the Good Samaritian and we walked on by on the other side of the road, whether we admit it or not. He made a huge mistake, and he'll pay for it in his own mind and heart. I don't believe for one second that he ever knew the extent of what all was going on, or the type of man that Sandusky really was though.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4234078 said:
Ludicrous. What more reliable source that the press? Really?

He was banned from the campus. Unfortunately it wasn't enforced.

The last part of your post is utterly foolish.

I think he was saying what more reliable source is there in PA than JoePA?

Alot of people don't realize he was banned from campus too, and he was also told never to bring a child onto campus ever again. Why it wasn't enforced is just another of the questions i have, and why he was allowed to operate at satelite campuses is also a mystery. If they knew of the allegations against him, they should be charged as well.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4234085 said:
I think he was saying what more reliable source is there in PA than JoePA?

Alot of people don't realize he was banned from campus too, and he was also told never to bring a child onto campus ever again. Why it wasn't enforced is just another of the questions i have, and why he was allowed to operate at satelite campuses is also a mystery. If they knew of the allegations against him, they should be charged as well.

I thought he was talking about the press. LOL

The last part though is just nuts.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Stautner;4234091 said:
LOL - okay.

You were saying why state police and that is what the local police are there for. I agreed, and simply added that University Police are the local police for incidents on campus.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4234095 said:
I thought he was talking about the press. LOL

The last part though is just nuts.

I agree. Making a mistake in judgement doesn't take away from all the good you've done your entire life. We're all human and we're all expected to make mistakes in judgement from time to time.

As i said earlier, we've all had at least one chance to be the Good Samaratain and have walked on by, whether we admit it or not. Usually, the first who rush to judgement of another are the biggest offenders too.

Stautner

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4234046 said:
I was agreeing with you.

RoyTheHammer;4234103 said:
You were saying why state police and that is what the local police are there for. I agreed, and simply added that University Police are the local police for incidents on campus.

I understand that now - I used LOL because I was laughing at myuself for not catching where you were coming from to begin with.