Penn State Sex Abuse Scandal (Indictment Post #144, "Pimping" Allegations Post #442)

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4234560 said:
It has always been about Penn St. football, .. it even is today.

1998 or 1999 - Sandusky told he can't be head coach of Penn St. football

2002 - Sandusky told not to bring kids on to Penn St. football campus.

Nothing ever done for the faceless, nameless little victims.

Even today it's all about Joe Paterno, ... I'm hearing how does this impact him coaching this Saturday? how does this impact his legacy?

The heck with Penn St.
The heck with their president, AD or some GA
The heck with Paterno
The heck with their football program

People thought they knew these people, they were wrong.

People ask if he did enough, .. I would turn in my Dad or my sons if I thought they were anal raping little boys.

You guys need to stop defending these people.

I understand that is hard to do after respecting them for so long, but stand back and look and what has transpired.

This is an ugly mess.

That's because that is who the media is telling you to blame.. and all the sheep are licking it up.

It shouldn't be about Paterno at all.. out of all the people who messed up here, to single him out the way the media and public has done so far is just ridiculous nonsense. He probably did the most out of anybody that we know was involved so far to put a stop to it, and there's still alot of information that we don't know yet to make a sound judgement or decision on either way, yet everyone in the media and public is calling for Joe's head.

JOE'S HEAD.

Like trick said, he's a victim of circumstance. The media are fine with their lazy reporting, and according to them and their misleading bs.. "Joe is Penn State" so he must be the man held most responsible. Its comical at best.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4234699 said:
What power or influence would that be? Was he the chief of police? A CIA operative? A child services agent?

He's the football coach at a university and he was told something of a sexual influence was going on between a child and a university volunteer and he reported it to his superior who told him he'd notify the head of campus police and that they would get to the bottom of it. Weeks later they came back and told him they investigated and that there was nothing to the allegations made. Is he supposed to know that is a lie? Is he supposed to go on his own snooping spree and get to the bottom of it himself? Is he supposed to go down to the batcave and get geared up to fight crime with his superpowers?

Please.. i'd like to know exactly how he had the power to end it right then and there. Tell me how.

I posted this earlier, but sure I'll do it again

-Expose him to the press. Even if charges weren't filed, Joe Pa speaking out against him would of made it near impossibile for him to continue preying on children
-Tell the 2nd mile that you will not associate with anyone who associates with Sandusky, and while you're at Penn State, neither will they
-Tell the University Pres/AD you will immediately resign if a "real" investigation isn't launched (ie turn the case over to someone who will do more than sweep it up)

none of these require superpowers or a batcave

Rogah

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4234710 said:
That's because that is who the media is telling you to blame.. and all the sheep are licking it up.
Yeah. Right. Sure. It's the media's fault. It's got nothing to do with the fact that a guy was raping a 10 year old and everyone at Penn State, from graduate assistant to football head coach to university administration, did everything they could to cover it up.

Nope. That's got nothing to do with it. People are only mad because the media tells them to be. :bang2:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Rogah;4234739 said:
Yeah. Right. Sure. It's the media's fault. It's got nothing to do with the fact that a guy was raping a 10 year old and everyone at Penn State, from graduate assistant to football head coach to university administration, did everything they could to cover it up.

Nope. That's got nothing to do with it. People are only mad because the media tells them to be. :bang2:

That and people can freely read the Grand Jury Report and decide for themselves. No media required.

YR

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4234710 said:

It shouldn't be about Paterno at all.. out of all the people who messed up here, to single him out the way the media and public has done so far is just ridiculous nonsense. He probably did the most out of anybody that we know was involved so far to put a stop to it, and there's still alot of information that we don't know yet to make a sound judgement or decision on either way, yet everyone in the media and public is calling for Joe's head.

JOE'S HEAD.

Like trick said, he's a victim of circumstance. The media are fine with their lazy reporting, and according to them and their misleading bs.. "Joe is Penn State" so he must be the man held most responsible. Its comical at best.

I am a PSU fan too, but Joe didn't do enough. McQueary didn't do enough. The Janitors didn't do enough. PSU administration from the AD to the President didn't do enough.

McQueary should have called the police when he saw it happen. At the very least he should have made his presence known to stop the rape.

When he reported it to Joe, Joe should have called the state police.

When it was reported to the AD and Schultz, the state police should have been called.

The Janitor should have spoken up to stop the assault. When he reported it to his supervisor the state police should have been called.

Honestly, I have wanted Paterno gone for years. I think he will be gone after this weekends game. Finish out the season with Hall or Bradley and hire Meyer for next year.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4234732 said:
I posted this earlier, but sure I'll do it again

-Expose him to the press. Even if charges weren't filed, Joe Pa speaking out against him would of made it near impossibile for him to continue preying on children
-Tell the 2nd mile that you will not associate with anyone who associates with Sandusky, and while you're at Penn State, neither will they
-Tell the University Pres/AD you will immediately resign if a "real" investigation isn't launched (ie turn the case over to someone who will do more than sweep it up)

none of these require superpowers or a batcave

None of these are superpowers.. also, none of these are reasonable reactions to a student who tells you he saw something.

How was Joe supposed to know that a "real" investigation was never conducted in the first place? You think he should have known that these men he'd worked with for many years were just lying to his face? Does that seem rational to you at all?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Rogah;4234739 said:

Joe did nothing to cover it up. He was told by a student that he saw the man doing something sexual to a little boy, he told his superiors right away, he was told that the head of campus police was alerted and that an investigation was carried out that determined there was nothing to the allegations.

At no point did Joe do anything to cover up what happened.. but keep banging your head.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
2233boys;4234756 said:
I am a PSU fan too, but Joe didn't do enough. McQueary didn't do enough. The Janitors didn't do enough. PSU administration from the AD to the President didn't do enough.

McQueary should have called the police when he saw it happen. At the very least he should have made his presence known to stop the rape.

When it was reported to the AD and Schultz, the state police should have been called.

The Janitor should have spoken up to stop the assault. When he reported it to his supervisor the state police should have been called.

Honestly, I have wanted Paterno gone for years. I think he will be gone after this weekends game. Finish out the season with Hall or Bradley and hire Meyer for next year.

I doubt Meyer is going to be here to be honest, but that is beside the point.

I agree.. no one did enough. Being a PSU fan or not has nothing to do with it. Child protective services should have been alerted, no matter what.

Another person i'd like to hear questioned is Sandusky's wife. He had alot of foster kids apparently and how in the hell could she not have suspected this the entire time? It really is just a huge mess.. from the police, to CPS, all the way down to McQueary the grad student. This is another one of those things that was just handled horribly by everyone involved.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4234773 said:
None of these are superpowers.. also, none of these are reasonable reactions to a student who tells you he saw something.

How was Joe supposed to know that a "real" investigation was never conducted in the first place? You think he should have known that these men he'd worked with for many years were just lying to his face? Does that seem rational to you at all?

you said yourself you belived that joe pa knew about the 98' incident. that would make this twice, so none of these reactions would be far fetced.

Rogah

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4234778 said:
Joe did nothing to cover it up. He was told by a student that he saw the man doing something sexual to a little boy, he told his superiors right away, he was told that the head of campus police was alerted and that an investigation was carried out that determined there was nothing to the allegations.

At no point did Joe do anything to cover up what happened.. but keep banging your head.
Bullcrap. If you believe that Joe wasn't fully aware of what the student saw, I have some great swampland in Florida you may be interested in. There's no way an intelligent person could ever believe that Paterno had no interest in knowing exactly what happened considering how close he and Sandusky were.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4234784 said:
you said yourself you belived that joe pa knew about the 98' incident. that would make this twice, so none of these reactions would be far fetced.

He was also proved to be innocent in 98 by the police and CPS.. either way, it being something that happened two times doesn't have any relation to two of Joe's superiors telling him that they had conducted and investigation and found nothing to be there. There is still no reason to believe that his AD and head of campus police would be lying right to his face about it.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Rogah;4234787 said:
Bullcrap. If you believe that Joe wasn't fully aware of what the student saw, I have some great swampland in Florida you may be interested in. There's no way an intelligent person could ever believe that Paterno had no interest in knowing exactly what happened considering how close he and Sandusky were.

He and Sandusky actually weren't close at all after the 98 incident. He knew what was told to him by McQueary.. and he went immediately to the AD and head of campus police with it and was told it was being investigated. How you feel he tried to cover up the information he was given is beyond me right now.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
honestly, some people are doing more to defend Joe Pa, then Joe Pa did to defend any of the victim's involved. if he fought to give the victim's a voice, half as hard as some of you guys have to defed Joe Pa's role in this, this would've come to light much sooner.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4234801 said:
honestly, some people are doing more to defend Joe Pa, then Joe Pa did to defend any of the victim's involved. if he fought to give the victim's a voice, half as hard as some of you guys have to defed Joe Pa's role in this, this would've come to light much sooner.

Not defending how Joe Pa handled this.. he should have called the local police or CPS.

All im saying is that i believe he thought he was doing the right thing by immediately alerting his superior and being told that the AD and the head of campus police were investigating the matter.. and then when he was lied to about the results of the investigation, how was he supposed to know that he was being lied to and no real investigation ever occured?

Its sad for all involved, but if he hadn't been lied to by the people above him.. we'd all be saying that he handled things the right way by getting campus police involved and having the courage to go right to the AD and head of campus police with the information, especially of a guy he used to be friends with.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Nomad;4234809 said:
Sorry to randomly jump in, but part of your argument doesn't make sense. If as you say Paterno accepted that the police/whoever found the McQuery accusations to be false, why would he keep McQuery around and allow him to be an assistant coach.

If he was lied to by the AD/police whoever that they investigated it and there was nothing there, wouldn't he then be really mad at McQuery for starting the whole thing?

This has been brought up before, and again i'll answer that we don't know for sure what McQueary told Joe, but just because the investigation determined that nothing inappropriate had gone down doesn't necessarily mean that McQueary is a liar. Supposedly he was very distrought when he went to Joe so, he may have just thought he saw something or thought he just wasn't sure what he had seen, etc.. but it wouldn't mean McQueary is obviously just a liar. Im not really sure how everything went down, and neither is anyone else, but it doesn't have to be one thing or the other if you think about it.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
2233boys;4234756 said:

Outside of you're last paragraph, you are spot on...

In addressing your last paragraph, I think JoePa proved that old guys can coach too...

I thought he should have stepped aside years ago, but he continued to produce very competitive teams...

I hate it ended this way for him...

No winners in this whole sordid deal... I'm not much of a cusser, but a few f-bombs have broached my lips over the weekend in disbelief of this whole thing...

**** me...

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue;4234880 said:
Outside of you're last paragraph, you are spot on...

In addressing your last paragraph, I think JoePa proved that old guys can coach too...

I thought he should have stepped aside years ago, but he continued to produce very competitive teams...

I hate it ended this way for him...

No winners in this whole sordid deal... I'm not much of a cusser, but a few f-bombs have broached my lips over the weekend in disbelief of this whole thing...

**** me...

We will agree to disagree then, Joe should have stepped down years ago. The quality of football didn't improve. Offensive play was stagnant, qbs atrocious, he **** himself on the sidelines, the list goes on. ;)

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4234495 said:
Legally, it was enough. They did the absolute bare minimum, but it was enough.

But is it unreasonable to expect Paterno or the GA to follow-up with their superiors a bit more strongly rather than accept the explanations given to them?

Is it unreasonable to think that Paterno or the GA could've gone directly to the police, in addition to reporting it to a supervisor?

So when one ask what should they have done? How about go to the police?

He did go to the police.. and, yes, it is unreasonable for you to think he shouldn't accept when they told him they investigated and found no basis for any wrongdoing. They are people he's worked with for years and he would have no reason to think they are lying to him.