Penn State Sex Abuse Scandal (Indictment Post #144, "Pimping" Allegations Post #442)

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
IF I were a parent of one of those kids...would I have thought that enough was done by JoePa and the university absolutely not and I would be so mad that I could chew nails...

now if I was JoePa and I look around and see all the wonderful things happening at Penn st. and the contributions they are making towards society and all the wonderful things they have done for him and his family would I want to keep it on the hush-hush yes I would and I would report it to the my superiors in hopes that they will find a way to deal with it discretely and firmly and would want to wash the thought of it out of hands and mind...

I am sadden that it happen and also sadden that I might not have done a thing different than what JoePa did. I would only wish I had done the right thing ... probably just like Joe.

In my dreams and wishes I am courageous and do the right thing when it comes to real life... I don't always do that...though I wish I could.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I think we all knew more was coming to the forefront, but this is worse than I ever imagined. This is all alleged right now, hopefully that's all it is. If true, it shows how he stayed... he knew too much...
Penn State Scandal: Rumor Claims Sandusky “Pimped Out” Boys to Rich Donors
By Zac Wassink

Just when you thought the Penn State child sex-abuse scandal couldn't possibly get any worse, we may have just scratched the surface. Joe Paterno being fired could be just the start of arguably the biggest downfall in the history of college athletics.

Pittsburgh radio personality Mark Madden, who penned a column for the Beaver County Times back in April of this year named "Sandusky a State secret," a column which foreshadowed the recent scandal which has absolutely gutted those of us in the Penn State family, was a guest on the Dennis & Callahan Morning Show on WEEI sports talk radio out of Boston on Thursday morning. During his appearance, Madden, who has been mostly right regarding this issue from the very start, dropped what can only be called a bombshell, an announcement which could mean far more than the end of Joe Paterno's career.

Madden stated that two "prominent columnists" are currently investigating a rumor that Jerry Sandusky's Second Mile Foundation, a non-profit organization aimed to serve underprivileged youths, was "pimping out young boys to rich (Penn State) donors." Madden went on to say that Jerry Sandusky was told by those running the show at Penn State football that Sandusky had to retire after allegations made in 1998 that the defensive coordinator was guilty of "improper conduct with an underage male." Sandusky, thought by some to be Joe Paterno's successor at the time, abruptly and somewhat shockingly retired from coaching in 1999.

It actually gets worse. Madden went on to say "When Sandusky quit, everybody knew; not just at Penn State. It was a very poorly kept secret around college football, in general. That is why he never coached in college football again and retired at the relatively young age of 55, young for a coach." Madden also called the Second Mile Foundation "the perfect cover" for Sandusky's scheme.​
More

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Yeah, read that early this morning and I was sickened by it, hope it's not true, but I have feeling it is.

It actually gets worse. Madden went on to say "When Sandusky quit, everybody knew; not just at Penn State. It was a very poorly kept secret around college football, in general. That is why he never coached in college football again and retired at the relatively young age of 55, young for a coach." Madden also called the Second Mile Foundation "the perfect cover" for Sandusky's scheme.
I have no doubt in my mind that Paterno and his bosses knew about Sandusky's exploitation of young boys.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
This actually isn't anything new. It seems to be following the lines of the rest of this ugly situation in that it was brought to light several years ago but dismissed. Of course now, it's going to get much more attention.

Temo

Reaction score
I don't like discussing rumors, especially coming from just one person, regardless of his record on this issue in the past.

What happened was bad enough; lets not go crazy with unsubstantiated rumors.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
SDogo;4235703 said:
This actually isn't anything new. It seems to be following the lines of the rest of this ugly situation in that it was brought to light several years ago but dismissed. Of course now, it's going to get much more attention.

If he was pimping kids to other rich boosters....it's new. Sadly...it's new. And somehow even more horrifying.

YR

SDogo

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;4235722 said:
If he was pimping kids to other rich boosters....it's new. Sadly...it's new. And somehow even more horrifying.

YR

It's really not, Madden released an article and spoke of this years ago. Trust me, it's not the first time this has made it's way around.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
SDogo;4235727 said:
It's really not, Madden released an article and spoke of this years ago. Trust me, it's not the first time this has made it's way around.

Do you have a link?

YR

SDogo

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;4235730 said:
Do you have a link?

YR

Not first hand but I'll try to find you one when I return home.

I was on campus when Madden first introduced this scenario probably back in 02' but at the time it lacked serious credentials. It got a rise out of some local affiliates and campus media but died quickly and was never addressed by the university nor followed up on by Madden.

I'll see what I can find for you.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If this is true....how could something like this ever happen?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Rumors also starting to swirl that he molested his adopted children and many of the foster kids he and his wife took in, and that his wife was an enabler who turned
a blind eye to it all.

This is just incredible. Every time I think I've witnessed the furthest depths of human depravity, this wretched species out does itself.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
As the article says, the timeline is awfully convenient.

It doesn't take a great leap to think that Paterno and higher ups at PSU knew what was going on.

Thing is, just the initial info on this got Paterno and PSU administrators fired. It can only go downhill from here. There are no sudden revelations that can shed a positive light on Paterno's indifference.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but here is a creepy video of Jerry Sandusky teaching how to tackle with young boys. Maybe its just me, but there is an underlying inappropriate tone in this video. See for yourself:

[youtube]aFW0WCUEOqc[/youtube]

"Good hitting position?"

JBond

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4235747 said:
Rumors also starting to swirl that he molested his adopted children and many of the foster kids he and his wife took in, and that his wife was an enabler who turned
a blind eye to it all.

This is just incredible. Every time I think I've witnessed the furthest depths of human depravity, this wretched species out does itself.

I have been asking about his adopted kids and foster kids for two days. Have not seen any reporting on them yet. His wife is also a sick **** to allow this.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
What a mess indeed. I don't want to run away with a rumor, but if true, this may be the biggest sex scandal of all time. Some serious punishment is going to be handed out.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Question

In 1987 the NCAA handed down the death penalty to SMU for recuriting violations and covering it up. This has been the harshest penalty handed down to a college

Should Penn St get this slapped on them?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4235803 said:
Question

In 1987 the NCAA handed down the death penalty to SMU for recuriting violations and covering it up. This has been the harshest penalty handed down to a college

Should Penn St get this slapped on them?

Absolutely not. This has nothing to do with their student athletes. Penn State, as of now, doesnt appear to have violated any NCAA rules regarding student athletes. There is no reason for them to step in here with regards to the program itself.