Penn State Sex Abuse Scandal (Indictment Post #144, "Pimping" Allegations Post #442)

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4235979 said:
I agree. But he had to be fired. This University has serious problems.

They certainly do. The entire upper leadership needs to go.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4235970 said:
He screwed up.. he had to go. This isn't debatable.. even he knew it. But firing him and keeping the AD and McQueary employed is a disgrace. Everyone involved in this situation continues to handle it horribly.

I agree with you on this completely.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
JonJon;4235756 said:
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but here is a creepy video of Jerry Sandusky teaching how to tackle with young boys. Maybe its just me, but there is an underlying inappropriate tone in this video. See for yourself:

[youtube]aFW0WCUEOqc[/youtube]

"Good hitting position?"

Yeah they couldn't find some guys on the team to help him out or at least some college age guys?

Had to be young boys?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4234536 said:
So some one "visably upset" as Joe Pa said himself, claiming a friend of yours was in a shower, naked with a 10 year old boy, and that's not enough for you to "rat" him out?

Friend or not, you have to protect those who cannot protect themselves. Women, children, the elderly, disabled, who ever. Turning a blind eye in anyform is just enabling the offense.

Agreed. 100%.

Manwiththeplan;4234801 said:
honestly, some people are doing more to defend Joe Pa, then Joe Pa did to defend any of the victim's involved. if he fought to give the victim's a voice, half as hard as some of you guys have to defed Joe Pa's role in this, this would've come to light much sooner.

And no telling how many victims would have been spared becoming victims.

Rogah

Reaction score
JonJon;4235756 said:
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but here is a creepy video of Jerry Sandusky teaching how to tackle with young boys. Maybe its just me, but there is an underlying inappropriate tone in this video. See for yourself:
It's impossible to view anything that lowlife does outside the context of what he has been charged with but come on... if we knew nothing about any of these allegations, I don't think anyone would have watched that video and seen anything other than an instructional video for young football players.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Sick, sick, sick. If they had knowledge of this and not only turned a blind eye, but actually let Sandusky go around freely on campus all of these years (supposedly worked out at PSU just early last week), they should just shut down the program.

The man and his cohorts deserve whatever prison beatings they get and so do those that turned a blind eye while he did what he did.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Stautner;4235984 said:
Regrdless, the fact remains the SMU case was about NCAA violations, which is the domain of the NCAA to deal with, and what happened at Penn State is a criminal matter that is the domain of law enforcement to deal with. It also doesn't change the fact that no players, present or past, were involved, or that there was no indication in the least that the student athletes were not provided the kind of environment to succeed in that the NCAA mandates.
The NCAA has no rules of conduct or ethics for college coaches and administrators?

The NCAA has already said they will investigate the matter when legal authorities are done with their investigations.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
JBond;4235764 said:
I have been asking about his adopted kids and foster kids for two days. Have not seen any reporting on them yet. His wife is also a sick **** to allow this.

One of his adopted childrens' birth mother went to children and youth and said something wasn't right, but they dismissed the case saying there wasn't any cause to pursue it.

Another rumor at this point, but the person I heard it from was credible.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
Double Trouble;4236105 said:
The NCAA has no rules of conduct or ethics for college coaches and administrators?

The NCAA has already said they will investigate the matter when legal authorities are done with their investigations.

I read today they said they had no jurisdiction of crinimal matters. What NCAA violations did PSU disobey in this case? None that I see, PSU's biggest issue is going to be the Department of Education.

Stautner

Reaction score
Double Trouble;4236105 said:

I imagine they do, but I also imagine punishment would be directed at the individual for his/her specific conduct, not the entire program, and not pulling the rug out from under all the student athletes who had nothing to do with the issue.

And I never said anything about the NCAA not investigating, I merely said they would not use the death penalty. Of course the NCAA is concerned with the conduct of the coaches, as they should be, but I simply cannot imagine the NCAA punishing the entirety of the football program, including the maybe 100 players in the football program, for what Paterno did (or did not) do.

Hell, the only people in this mess who are exclusivelly associated with the football program are Paterno and McQueary, neither of whom are accused of any criminal action. If you are going to say being AD or an administrator is enough to result in the death penalty, then that would apply to every athletic (or even academmic) program at the school because they are over all of them.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
2233boys;4236127 said:
One of his adopted childrens' birth mother went to children and youth and said something wasn't right, but they dismissed the case saying there wasn't any cause to pursue it.

Another rumor at this point, but the person I heard it from was credible.

"Children and youth" meaning the PA State Dept of Welfare?

If this is true, this is unbelievable how they could have two reports and one admittance of guilt from the guy and yet do absolutely nothing!

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
2233boys;4236133 said:
I read today they said they had no jurisdiction of crinimal matters. What NCAA violations did PSU disobey in this case? None that I see, PSU's biggest issue is going to be the Department of Education.
It is entirely possible the athletic department covered up pedophilia for decades. That can't be construed as a healthy environment for student athletes, even if no student athlete was directly harmed.

I read elsewhere that there is an ethical conduct rule in the NCAA bylaws, but their website has very little actual info. If there is such, it would seem that no situation we are aware of would call for action like this does. An athletic department top to bottom that unethically protected a pedophile (if they did; although it looks worse by the day, such a failure of the whole system is hardly certain, I'm just speaking hypothetically). If that were the case, no program would have ever been more deserving of the death penalty, to my knowledge.

From the NCAA website:

Publish date: Nov 10, 2011

Regarding the ongoing Penn State criminal investigation, the NCAA is actively monitoring developments and assessing appropriate steps moving forward. The NCAA will defer in the immediate term to law enforcement officials since this situation involved alleged crimes. As the facts are established through the justice system, we will determine whether Association bylaws have been violated and act accordingly. To be clear, civil and criminal law will always take precedence over Association rules.

Mark Emmert
President, NCAA

Stautner

Reaction score
JonJon;4235756 said:

[youtube]aFW0WCUEOqc[/youtube]

"Good hitting position?"

ConcordCowboy;4236047 said:
Yeah they couldn't find some guys on the team to help him out or at least some college age guys?

Had to be young boys?

sorry, but I think these comments are a huge stretch and based on emotion and not actually anything that can be found in the video. This looks strictly like an instructional video with nothing out of the ordinary involved. An instructional video is geared toward teaching kids, and as such it is natural that the instructor would use kids to demonstrate so that those watching can see that kids can do what is being tought.

Stautner

Reaction score
Double Trouble;4236165 said:
It is entirely possible the athletic department covered up pedophilia for decades. That can't be construed as a healthy environment for student athletes, even if no student athlete was directly harmed.

I read elsewhere that there is an ethical conduct rule in the NCAA bylaws, but their website has very little actual info. If there is such, it would seem that no situation we are aware of would call for action like this does. An athletic department top to bottom that unethically protected a pedophile (if they did; although it looks worse by the day, such a failure of the whole system is hardly certain, I'm just speaking hypothetically). If that were the case, no program would have ever been more deserving of the death penalty, to my knowledge.

From the NCAA website:

Publish date: Nov 10, 2011

Regarding the ongoing Penn State criminal investigation, the NCAA is actively monitoring developments and assessing appropriate steps moving forward. The NCAA will defer in the immediate term to law enforcement officials since this situation involved alleged crimes. As the facts are established through the justice system, we will determine whether Association bylaws have been violated and act accordingly. To be clear, civil and criminal law will always take precedence over Association rules.​
Mark Emmert
President, NCAA

What a massive stretch. Suddenly this has expanded to a decades long massive cover up that goes back to prior school administrations, AD's the entire ahtletic department from top to bottom?

Sorry, but I don't see that scenario as "entirely possible". I don't know that I even see it as remotely possible.

You do have a bright future with the National Inquirer if you so choose to pursue it though.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Stautner;4236151 said:
I imagine they do, but I also imagine punishment would be directed at the individual for his/her specific conduct, not the entire program, and not pulling the rug out from under all the student athletes who had nothing to do with the issue.
You keep saying this, and it makes no sense to me. Bruce Pearl is fired at Tennessee, yet we have to live with the ncaa restrictions he left behind. Players and officials who had nothing to do with Pearl's antics are harmed irreparably. They can't play in a post-season tournament, which means recruiting will stink which means the team will be bad, etc etc etc. USC coaches and players have to live with the consequences of what happened during the Pete Carroll era. The current players at USC weren't the ones driving Reggie Bush's SUV or living in his family's luxury apartment, but they're paying for it and can't play in the post season. As someone said elsewhere, every coach and player was not culpable at SMU, yet they got the death penalty. There is never going to be an instance where everyone is guilty.

NCAA justice often does not work the way you describe. And we're not talking about an "individual". I'm saying, if it were really as some described, that everyone knew, and the Athletic Dept or football program covered up for the sick monster, then a program could hardly deserve the death penalty more. That it will hurt innocent athletes and coaches is too bad. It's already too bad that many innocent kids were harmed by that animal and that university officials covered it up. It's too bad that current PSU players have a cloud over them when they play Saturday. But life isn't fair, so I don't get what pulling the rug out from under the PSU football program being unfair matters or not. And if this is a worst-case scenario regarding the PSU brass and Sandusky (again, hypothetically), then the NCAA is 100% justified in shutting it down, IMO.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Stautner;4236177 said:
What a massive stretch. Suddenly this has expanded to a decades long massive cover up that goes back to prior school administrations, AD's the entire ahtletic department from top to bottom?

Sorry, but I don't see that scenario as "entirely possible". I don't know that I even see it as remotely possible.

You do have a bright future with the National Inquirer if you so choose to pursue it though.
Have you read other threads? Multiple people are saying that it's well known in Happy Valley that the guy was a pedophile.

And decades was my comment because he's been running a children's program since the 70s. I have not heard of any incident prior to 1997, but it's hardly a stretch to think the guy has been doing this all along. And I believe I used the term "if".

Similarly, you might have a bright future as a criminal defense attorney if you choose to pursue it, given your desire to protect those who protect pedophiles.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Double Trouble;4236189 said:
Have you read other threads? Multiple people are saying that it's well known in Happy Valley that the guy was a pedophile.

And decades was my comment because he's been running a children's program since the 70s. I have not heard of any incident prior to 1997, but it's hardly a stretch to think the guy has been doing this all along. And I believe I used the term "if".

Similarly, you might have a bright future as a criminal defense attorney if you choose to pursue it, given your desire to protect those who protect pedophiles.

You believe this from one or two media sources to be true? If it is true, why would they not say something before now? It makes little sense.

Stautner

Reaction score
Double Trouble;4236181 said:
You keep saying this, and it makes no sense to me. Bruce Pearl is fired at Tennessee, yet we have to live with the ncaa restrictions he left behind. Players and officials who had nothing to do with Pearl's antics are harmed irreparably. They can't play in a post-season tournament, which means recruiting will stink which means the team will be bad, etc etc etc. USC coaches and players have to live with the consequences of what happened during the Pete Carroll era. The current players at USC weren't the ones driving Reggie Bush's SUV or living in his family's luxury apartment, but they're paying for it and can't play in the post season. As someone said elsewhere, every coach and player was not culpable at SMU, yet they got the death penalty. There is never going to be an instance where everyone is guilty.

NCAA justice often does not work the way you describe. And we're not talking about an "individual". I'm saying, if it were really as some described, that everyone knew, and the Athletic Dept or football program covered up for the sick monster, then a program could hardly deserve the death penalty more. That it will hurt innocent athletes and coaches is too bad. It's already too bad that many innocent kids were harmed by that animal and that university officials covered it up. It's too bad that current PSU players have a cloud over them when they play Saturday. But life isn't fair, so I don't get what pulling the rug out from under the PSU football program being unfair matters or not. And if this is a worst-case scenario regarding the PSU brass and Sandusky (again, hypothetically), then the NCAA is 100% justified in shutting it down, IMO.

First, Bruce Pearl's issue involved a violation of NCAA recruiting rules, including repeated violations over a 6 year period. That means coaches, players, practices and procedures that involve the entire program are involved. That is entirely different than Penn State where from all we know everything involving the way the football related matters were handled was squeaky clean, and that's the aim of the NCAA.

What you are doing is reacting out of a sense of outrage, and not out of a sense of logic, and what you are advocating is punishing the kids who were never part of a criminal act nor of NCAA violations of any kind. That is ludicrous.

The cover up group is all going to be unemployed, some prosecuted, and all walking away in shame with a permanent stigma hanging over them. How do you think the death penalty for a school they will no longer be associated with would add to their punishment?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Stautner;4236212 said:
First, Bruce Pearl's issue involved a violation of NCAA recruiting rules, including repeated violations over a 6 year period. That means coaches, players, practices and procedures that involve the entire program are involved. That is entirely different than Penn State where from all we know everything involving the way the football related matters were handled was squeaky clean, and that's the aim of the NCAA.

What you are doing is reacting out of a sense of outrage, and not out of a sense of logic, and what you are advocating is punishing the kids who were never part of a criminal act nor of NCAA violations of any kind. That is ludicrous.

The cover up group is all going to be unemployed, some prosecuted, and all walking away in shame with a permanent stigma hanging over them. How do you think the death penalty for a school they will no longer be associated with would add to their punishment?

Because it was the program. Sorry but SMU did not get ratted out until 2 year later by one of the players who broke the rules the kids at SMU at the time had nothing to do with it why should they pay the price and as Double Trouble said why should the kids at USC be put on probation after all those involved are no longer there heck Bush is making big money and so is Carroll how are they suffering from their actions?

If the football program is involved in a cover up that should be grounds for an NCAA punishment. My god if it is aginst the rule to take a kid out to dinner and the kid is punished but a coverup of a criminal act is alright then there is some very wrong with the system. The Progam is the Football team

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Stautner;4236168 said:
sorry, but I think these comments are a huge stretch and based on emotion and not actually anything that can be found in the video. This looks strictly like an instructional video with nothing out of the ordinary involved. An instructional video is geared toward teaching kids, and as such it is natural that the instructor would use kids to demonstrate so that those watching can see that kids can do what is being tought.

Yeah, there are thousands of video's just like this made by sports stars and coaches over the last 30 years.

IMO you have to have kind of a sick mind to take it to the level some are suggesting.

This is really getting out of control.