Penn State Sex Abuse Scandal (Indictment Post #144, "Pimping" Allegations Post #442)

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4236696 said:
This isn't about big fish/small fish. The hate towards Paterno on this forum and in general is completely out of place with respect to what should be directed at McQueary. He was an adult who saw it happeneing and sisn't stop it. Didn't call 911 and didn't go to Paterno until the next day after he called his dad and asked him what to do. And oh yeah, his dad didn't call 911 either.

WTH???

So now it is all on McQueary?

Paterno KNEW... do you not get that? He KNEW...

We have been friendly for a long time, but GEEZ... Paterno could have stopped this... let it go...

I was raised to respect Paterno by my father... he is likely turning over in his grave....

When EVERYTHING comes out, this will likely be uglier than anything you have ever known...

Last night, you doubted my silence for the access thing... proven true...

I like you, but just shut your mouth and wait for this thing to come to fruition... it's going to be uglier than you have ever imagined...

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
trickblue;4236722 said:
So now it is all on McQueary?

Paterno KNEW... do you not get that? He KNEW...

We have been friendly for a long time, but GEEZ... Paterno could have stopped this... let it go...

I was raised to respect Paterno by my father... he is likely turning over in his grave....

When EVERYTHING comes out, this will likely be uglier than anything you have ever known...

Last night, you doubted my silence for the access thing... proven true...

I like you, but just shut your mouth and wait for this thing to come to fruition... it's going to be uglier than you have ever imagined...

Don't tell me to shut my mouth. Who do you think you are? This is a forum to discuss things. Where do have proof that he KNEW about the 1998 incident?

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4236733 said:
Don't tell me to shut my mouth. Who do you think you are? This is a forum to discuss things. Where do have proof that he KNEW about the 1998 incident?

Sundusky was being investigated. Sundusky retired after the season. They may just be coincidences, but I think one had a lot to do with the other.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
2233boys;4236744 said:
Sundusky was being investigated. Sundusky retired after the season. They may just be coincidences, but I think one had a lot to do with the other.

I have said 100 times, if Paterno participated in a cover up nd it is proven he knew more, then I would jump the Paterno ship. But all anyone has shown is speculation. No proof. Nothing. Until then, I will wait for proof.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4236753 said:
I have said 100 times, if Paterno participated in a cover up nd it is proven he knew more, then I would jump the Paterno ship. But all anyone has shown is speculation. No proof. Nothing. Until then, I will wait for proof.

True it is speculation. I agree with you that McQuery is a big SOB, who doesn't deserve his job right now. I also believe that Joe didn't deserve his anymore either.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
2233boys;4236760 said:
True it is speculation. I agree with you that McQuery is a big SOB, who doesn't deserve his job right now. I also believe that Joe didn't deserve his anymore either.

Paterno lost his job based on speculation that he knew more than what is known. If there is proof that he knew more, then yes, she should have been fired and should face whatever comes his way.

But people acting like McQueary wasn't more culpable is so insane. He was the ONLY adult who could have saved that little boy. And yet he still has a job (at least for now).

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
jimmy40;4236480 said:
don't know if this is in the thread.

SAN ANTONIO -- Penn State's trip to the Alamo Bowl in 1999 has attracted the interest of Texas authorities amid allegations of child sex abuse involving a former assistant coach.

San Antonio police Sgt. Chris Benavides said Thursday his department is "looking into the possibility that an offense may have happened" while the football team was in town.

Former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky faces child sex abuse charges in Pennsylvania. A grand jury report says Sandusky took one boy he allegedly molested to the game and threatened to send him home when the victim resisted his advances.

The Alamo Bowl was Sandusky's last game at Penn State, where he coached for more than 30 years and was once the heir apparent to Joe Paterno. Paterno was fired for failing to do more about an abuse report involving Sandusky.

If abuse occurred in Texas, I would imagine the Feds may want to take jurisdiction.

Would be awesome if they exhausted all separate sovereign angles. Prosecute him in Texas, Pennsylvania, and Federal Court.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
casmith07;4236782 said:
If abuse occurred in Texas, I would imagine the Feds may want to take jurisdiction.

Would be awesome if they exhausted all separate sovereign angles. Prosecute him in Texas, Pennsylvania, and Federal Court.

I read something today that Sandusky currently faces 406 years in jail. If he gets credit for good behavior, he could be out in 203.

trickblue

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4236733 said:

I have been TRYING to get this through your thick head... he KNEW... proof is here...

http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/jerry-s...ung-boys-to-rich-donors-says-mark-madden.html

You are letting your love of JoePa cloud judgement...

Who am I? A guy wanting to discuss things... you are not willing to be objective... A guy that is a faithful husband and father... a guy that would have kicked Sandusky's *** or died trying...

You are too blinded with homerism to discuss things...

Joe Pa is NOT the villain, but he could have stopped this whole crap...

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
trickblue;4236794 said:
I have been TRYING to get this through your thick head... he KNEW... proof is here...

http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/jerry-s...ung-boys-to-rich-donors-says-mark-madden.html

You are letting your love of JoePa cloud judgement...

Who am I? A guy wanting to discuss things... you are not willing to be objective... A guy that is a faithful husband and father... a guy that would have kicked Sandusky's *** or died trying...

You are too blinded with homerism to discuss things...

Joe Pa is NOT the villain, but he could have stopped this whole crap...

I read that earlier. There is no proof in that that Paterno knew anything. That story was about Sandusky rumored to be pimping out kids for his 2 Mile foundation. Please point to the proof there that Paterno knew about it.

Man, talk about thick headed. You seem to be trying to find "proof" where there is just wild speculation. And there isn't even wild speculation about that in that article. Geez.

trickblue

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4236805 said:
I read that earlier. There is no proof in that that Paterno knew anything. That story was about Sandusky rumored to be pimping out kids for his 2 Mile foundation. Please point to the proof there that Paterno knew about it.

Man, talk about thick headed. You seem to be trying to find "proof" where there is just wild speculation. And there isn't even wild speculation about that in that article. Geez.

Sigh... I give up... and defer to your ridiculous scenarios...

Joe never knew and just fired the top assistant coach in the country for nothing...

You are right... Joe is perfect... Joe does no wrong... Joe was misrepresented... Joe didn't know... etc... etc... etc...

Sigh...

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
So if Joe didn't know we are to assume he is a dumb ignorant old man. Got it. In which case he was not fit to lead a football team.

And its just pure coincidence that a well known coach retires after a meeting with Joe shortly after the initial allegations? Got it.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
trickblue;4236825 said:
Sigh... I give up... and defer to your ridiculous scenarios...

Joe never knew and just fired the top assistant coach in the country for nothing...

You are right... Joe is perfect... Joe does no wrong... Joe was misrepresented... Joe didn't know... etc... etc... etc...

Sigh...

Sigh yourself. You have not show any proof of anything. Just you yelling "I know he knew!"

Try that in a court of law and see if you win. And unless you haven't read my other posts, I have said repeatedly, if someone can show me proof that he knew more, then I would be off the Paterno wagon. At this point, you, or anyone else, hasn't shown ANYTHING but speculation, innuendo and just pure guessin'. You have NOTHING more.

So yeah....Sigh!

trickblue

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4236829 said:
So if Joe didn't know we are to assume he is a dumb ignorant old man. Got it. In which case he was not fit to lead a football team.

And its just pure coincidence that a well known coach retires after a meeting with Joe shortly after the initial allegations? Got it.

Ding Ding Ding...

He's either an old worthless fool or complicit to a child molester...

One or the other...

The mixed signals are amazing... he can be one or both depending on your allegiance...

In reality he is one or the other... nothing in between...

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4236829 said:

Ever consider that he told Sandusky he wasn't going to be coach because Paterno wasn't leaving? Oh look, Paterno stayed for another 13 years.

Ever consider that Sandusly publically lobbied for the HC job and maybe Paterno cooled towards him at that point since he was under pressure from the trustees?

Ever consider that all this tool place in 1998?

But the only possible answer was that Joe Paterno knew of the abuse and so he said "Since you are abusing children, I want you to retire, next year, and I will sweep all of this under the rug. Then you can go on abusing kids."

Yeah, that sounds more likely. :rolleyes:

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
trickblue;4236846 said:
Ding Ding Ding...

He's either an old worthless fool or complicit to a child molester...

One or the other...

The mixed signals are amazing... he can be one or both depending on your allegiance...

In reality he is one or the other... nothing in between...

More like Ding Dong.

trickblue

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4236848 said:
Ever consider that he told Sandusky he wasn't going to be coach because Paterno wasn't leaving? Oh look, Paterno stayed for another 13 years.

Ever consider that Sandusly publically lobbied for the HC job and maybe Paterno cooled towards him at that point since he was under pressure from the trustees?

But the only possible answer was that Joe Paterno knew of the abuse and so he said "Since you are abusing children, I want you to retire, next year, and I will sweep all of this under the rug. Then you can go on abusing kids."

I swear to God I am going to beat my head against the wall until I pass out...

I have NEVER seen more blind homerism in my life... NEVER...

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4236848 said:

It is either he knew for 13 years or 9 years. Either way it is just sad.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
trickblue;4236861 said:
I swear to God I am going to beat my head against the wall until I pass out...

I have NEVER seen more blind homerism in my life... NEVER...

Maybe you will knock some sense into your head then. And by the way, all of that is true as far as the coaching position is concerned. It's as much speculation as anything you have thrown against the wall. And maybe not as much since there is at least PROOF that was taking place in the late 90's. More so than what you are saying.

And for the record. I never said Paterno didn't know. I said there is no proof of it. And since I know the guy personally, it would be completely out of his character for him to do this. Could he have? Sure. did he? I have serious doubts. But I never said he didn't/couldn't have.