Penn State Sex Abuse Scandal (Indictment Post #144, "Pimping" Allegations Post #442)

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4236868 said:
Resulting to insults. Classy. My first post wasn't even directed at anyone.

I said the post was Ding Dong responding to tricks reply.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4236874 said:
Maybe you will knock some sense into your head then. And by the way, all of that is true as far as the coaching position is concerned. It's as much speculation as anything you have thrown against the wall. And maybe not as much since there is at least PROOF that was taking place in the late 90's. More so than what you are saying.

And for the record. I never said Paterno didn't know. I said there is no proof of it. And since I know the guy personally, it would be completely out of his character for him to do this. Could he have? Sure. did he? I have serious doubts. But I never said he didn't/couldn't have.

yada yada yada http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/thread_stuff/agenda.jpg yada yada yada...

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4236866 said:
It is either he knew for 13 years or 9 years. Either way it is just sad.

Well actually, it just now came out that his superiors didn't follow through on the investigation. He was told by them at the time they did an investigation and there was nothing to it. At that point, he was lied to. He may have assumed they did contact police. Again, no one knows for sure. There is no evidence of that. There is evidence that McQeary KNEW becuase he was an eye witness who did NOTHING. There is evidence that Schultz and Curley were negligent a the indictment indicates.

yimyammer

Reaction score
I'm pretty skeptical there is a big ring of pedophiles led by Sandusky where kids are funneled through the Second Mile Foundation. These types of events seem to lead to hysteria and all kinds of wild speculation. Its tragic enough what he did by himself and I cant envision a scenario where he could even bring the topic up among other men let alone use the boys as a marketing ploy to raise funds. Think about it, how in the world would he even bring this subject up without taking a massive risk?

Seems to me, the simplest explanation is probably the most accurate and in this case its probably (& hopefully) just one sick man that used his charity to help give him cover and access to his victims.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
trickblue;4236878 said:
yada yada yada http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/thread_stuff/agenda.jpg yada yada yada...

That should be your new sig. And you can't even respond to what I wrote.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4236881 said:
Well actually, it just now came out that his superiors didn't follow through on the investigation. He was told by them at the time they did an investigation and there was nothing to it. At that point, he was lied to. He may have assumed they did contact police. Again, no one knows for sure. There is no evidence of that. There is evidence that McQeary KNEW becuase he was an eye witness who did NOTHING. There is evidence that Schultz and Curley were negligent a the indictment indicates.

Regardless he knew in 2002 and should have done more. At this point it does not even matter if he knew in 1998 or not. He let it continue when he definitely could have done more.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
yimyammer;4236882 said:
I'm pretty skeptical there is a big ring of pedophiles led by Sandusky where kids are funneled through the Second Mile Foundation. These types of events seem to lead to hysteria and all kinds of wild speculation. Its tragic enough what he did by himself and I cant envision a scenario where he could even bring the topic up among other men let alone use the boys as a marketing ploy to raise funds. Think about it, how in the world would he even bring this subject up without taking a massive risk?

Seems to me, the simplest explanation is probably the most accurate and in this case its probably (& hopefully) one sick man that used his charity to help give him cover and access to his victims.

Again, there is no proof of this either. just those pushing it with an Uh-GIN-da are doing that.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Nothing changes the fact that Paterno knew - at best - Jerry Sandusky exhibited inappropriate behavior with a little boy and did nothing more than inform a superior. At worst, he knew Sandusky was a rapist and did nothing about it. It isn't speculation that got Joe Paterno fired: it was either his disgusting indifference or his complicity in a cover up.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4236888 said:
Regardless he knew in 2002 and should have done more. At this point it does not even matter if he knew in 1998 or not. He let it continue when he definitely could have done more.

He knew what McQueary told him the next day. And what he told Paterno was a very watered down version of what he told Schultz and Curley and ultimately the Grand jury. nd again, since Paterno was told the investigation was done and there was nothing to it, Paterno was expected to play detective? Paterno was nothing more than the middle man for the information. He didn't see it and he didn't have authority to investigate it.

Now, if it is proven Paterno knew more, then that's a whole different thing. But as I have been saying from the beginning, before we crucify the guy, lets wait for the evidence. But people on this forum can't wait for that. We have to hang him right now before we know anything.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4236893 said:
He knew what McQueary told him the next day. And what he told Paterno was a very watered down version of what he told Schultz and Curley and ultimately the Grand jury. nd again, since Paterno was told the investigation was done and there was nothing to it, Paterno was expected to play detective? Paterno was nothing more than the middle man for the information. He didn't see it and he didn't have authority to investigate it.

Now, if it is proven Paterno knew more, then that's a whole different thing. But as I have been saying from the beginning, before we crucify the guy, lets wait for the evidence. But people on this forum can't wait for that. We have to hang him right now before we know anything.

No one is saying crucify him. Okay, whatever. There is no point discussing this. Keep believing in false heroes.

yimyammer

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4236888 said:

Yeah, its inexcusable and awful and I bet he felt some need to trivialize the event because of their longtime friendship(?). I wonder if its a generational thing or something. I remember as a kid, my mom told me to never go swimming in the mans pool that lived three houses down if I was invited by him because he liked to play with little boys inappropriately. When I grew up and thought about this statement, I thought WTH?? Apparently, the whole neighborhood put up with this guy, I even remember them having dinner parties at his house. It makes me wonder how many kids might have been abused.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4236895 said:
No one is saying crucify him. Okay, whatever. There is no point discussing this. Keep believing in false heroes.

I believe in a person I know to be counter to what is being portrayed. Unless or until there is something other than a bunch of internet posters who think they are all knowing sooth sayers and read someone mind telling me that they "know" what Paterno "knew, i will continue to believe int hat person.

trickblue

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4236884 said:
That should be your new sig. And you can't even respond to what I wrote.

Respond? Here is your response...

My father was a baptist minister for over 50 years until we lost him this year... he was an outstanding councilor and humanitarian...

He counseled many people over the years, but he had NO problem reporting criminal activity... I applaud him for that...

He put away countless offenders... you may have a problem with that, but I don't...

Joe Pa was a personal hero of my father, but I can assure you he would be horrified by his lack of action if he was still alive...

I just have issues with your justifications for him... he knew... you KNOW he knew, but yet you defend him...

Yeah yeah... "You don't know"... yes I know... seen it a million times...

And don't you even equate my father to JoePa... it ain't even close in regards to morality and doing the right thing...

My father>JoePa

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Regardless of who knew what and when they knew it, I think that when this goes to trial it has the potential to make OJ look like a normal day in traffic court.

Creating a non-profit to help out at-risk kids, then molesting them, and pimping out the children to rich donors to the PSU system while his wife and people in the know at PSU did nothing but enable the heinous acts?

You can't write this kind of crap for a movie. No one would believe it.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
trickblue;4236906 said:
Respond? Here is your response...

My father was a baptist minister for over 50 years until we lost him this year... he was an outstanding councilor and humanitarian...

He counseled many people over the years, but he had NO problem reporting criminal activity... I applaud him for that...

He put away countless offenders... you may have a problem with that, but I don't...

Joe Pa was a personal hero of my father, but I can assure you he would be horrified by his lack of action if he was still alive...

I just have issues with your justifications for him... he knew... you KNOW he knew, but yet you defend him...

Yeah yeah... "You don't know"... yes I know... seen it a million times...

And don't you even equate my father to JoePa... it ain't even close in regards to morality and doing the right thing...

My father>JoePa

Yay for your dad. My dad>Joepa.

Your point? I just wished to GOD that you could tell me how you know, what Joe knew. The short answer is, you don't. You think you know, but you don't. None of us do. I don't know that he didn't know. But I don't know that he did.

All I have said from the very start, is to at least wait for evidence that Paterno participated in a cover up. Do you think you have more information than the Grand Jury? They didn't find fault with Paterno. They didn't indict him. Hell, they didn't even indict the adult who was the eye witness.

Further, claiming you KNOW something means you have proof of it. I KNOW water is wet because I have proof of it when I put my hand in the water.

So please tell me how you know. If you just tell me how you know, then I will believe you. You have always been honest. We have always gotten along. Just tell me how. And please don't say, "I KNOW". That's just lame.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;4236911 said:
Regardless of who knew what and when they knew it, I think that when this goes to trial it has the potential to make OJ look like a normal day in traffic court.

Creating a non-profit to help out at-risk kids, then molesting them, and pimping out the children to rich donors to the PSU system while his wife and people in the know at PSU did nothing but enable the heinous acts?

You can't write this kind of crap for a movie. No one would believe it.

That's why most of it probably isn't true. At least the part about pimping the kids. That just sounds like someone trying to ride the back of publicity. Like someone else here said, that's just to weird to be something that would happen.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4236915 said:
"I should have done more." - Joe Paterno

Sure he should have. All of us have said that. But hindsight is 20/20.

trickblue

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4236916 said:
Yay for your dad. My dad>Joepa.

Your point? I just wished to GOD that you could tell me how you know, what Joe knew. The short answer is, you don't. You think you know, but you don't. None of us do. I don't know that he didn't know. But I don't know that he did.

All I have said from the very start, is to at least wait for evidence that Paterno participated in a cover up. Do you think you have more information than the Grand Jury? They didn't find fault with Paterno. They didn't indict him. Hell, they didn't even indict the adult who was the eye witness.

Further, claiming you KNOW something means you have proof of it. I KNOW water is wet because I have proof of it when I put my hand in the water.

So please tell me how you know. If you just tell me how you know, then I will believe you. You have always been honest. We have always gotten along. Just tell me how. And please don't say, "I KNOW". That's just lame.

All you have done from the start is defend Joepa... give us something...

I want to ask you something... what did you mean by your "yay dad" comment? Were you demeaning my father? Just asking...

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
trickblue;4236924 said:
All you have done from the start is defend Joepa... give us something...

I want to ask you something... what did you mean by your "yay dad" comment? Were you demeaning my father? Just asking...

Ummm, no. Why would I do something like that?

I meant yay you had a great dad. So did I. That's why I put it there.

But it was irrelevant to the discussion. I would think you would know me better than that.

And yes, All I have done is defend Joepa. I did not however defend him not going to the cops. I said he should have. But with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, I'm sure we all wished we would have done some things in our lives different.

You got all upset over me bringing McQuesry into this but there is a guy who really could have done something at the moment and if that's the case, none of these discussions even happen.

And you say give us something You mean why am I defending Joepa? Tell you what, I will send you a pm a to why.