People Who Don't Drink

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3831670 said:
Well turns out the last time I was there I did a little strip routine on the poll on the stage.

This makes me want to puke like as if I had drank enough to blackout! :laugh2:

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
nyc;3831863 said:
This makes me want to puke like as if I had drank enough to blackout! :laugh2:
Or at least hope you blacked out prior to BP going up on the stage. :laugh2:

Alumni2k11

Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)
Reaction score
I don't drink either. I'm extremely nonreligious so it has nothing to do with that. I'm just not a fan of the taste.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3831848 said:
Alcohol makes normal people do things they would not normally do.
Alcohol makes people make bad decisions that they would not have made sober.
People do things when drunk that they would not dream of doing while sober.
Alcohol changes people in a short period of time, .. often before you realize it.
Then you do things that you would never do without alcohol.

Guns don't make people do anything that they had not already planned to do.

Apples and oranges.

Does alcohol make people drink alcohol?

A good buddy of mine used to drink himself into oblivion quite often. Got himself into all kinds of trouble. One day about 25 years ago he set his half empty beer bottle down on the bar and said he was done. He hasn't had a drink since. He still went out partying with us most every weekend until we grew up a bit and that phase passed. I never could understand how he did it. The last place I would want to be sober is in a crowded smokey bar surrounded by drunks.

I don't drink much myself anymore. Occasionaly around the fire oit or at a party.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I drink alcohol. But I have to count back quite a while to the last time I was actually drunk.

My drinking these days consists mostly of a beer with dinner, or a beer or two over conversation with friends. If I didn't like the taste of beer, I probably wouldn't drink alcohol anymore.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3831868 said:
Or at least hope you blacked out prior to BP going up on the stage. :laugh2:

Hell no, I don't want to blackout. No telling what BP would do to you after he had striped. I would just get the hell out of the club!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;3831887 said:
Hell no, I don't want to blackout. No telling what BP would do to you after he had striped. I would just get the hell out of the club!

Bull...you would pull a pacman and make it rain. You dirty pervert. :p:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Vtwin;3831877 said:

A good buddy of mine used to drink himself into oblivion quite often. Got himself into all kinds of trouble. One day about 25 years ago he set his half empty beer bottle down on the bar and said he was done. He hasn't had a drink since. He still went out partying with us most every weekend until we grew up a bit and that phase passed. I never could understand how he did it. The last place I would want to be sober is in a crowded smokey bar surrounded by drunks.

I don't drink much myself anymore. Occasionaly around the fire oit or at a party.

I've always hated bars. It didn't matter if I was drinking or not. I remember I would go home and my clothes would stink like a freaking ashtray.

Funny thing is, my brother would go to these bars and women would flirt with him and he would buy them drinks then later they would *make new friends*. He would fall for it every time. Wasting his money on these woman who were just using him for drinks.

They would come up to me flirting and stuff and ask if I would buy them a drink and I would respond. "If you were interested enough in me to walk over here, I would think you were interested in me enough to buy me a drink!" That generally got them to leave. Though I will admit, I've had more that one actually buy me that drink.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3831896 said:
Bull...you would pull a pacman and make it rain. You dirty pervert. :p:

Make it rain bullets into your bare naked ***! :laugh2:

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Vtwin;3831877 said:

No, .. but yes.

Some people can't stop once they start. Some don't want to drink but do anyway.

So to answer your question, .. no. But you see what I mean.

Most alcoholics know how it is going to end up, but they drink anyway. Over and over.

So alcohol sort of does make people drink alcohol. That is why it is called an addiction.

You can sit and hold a gun for hours, you can even shoot it for hours but you don't have to kill anybody.

But if you drink for hours, eventually you will get drunk, and do something stupid or regrettable.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;3831906 said:
Make it rain bullets into your bare naked ***! :laugh2:

You protest too much. I have seen the way you look at my avatar...I see the lust in your eyes.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3831791 said:
I wish there was no such thing as alcohol.

When I think of alcohol, I think of all of the fights that have occurred, all of the relationships/friendships ruined, all of the jobs lost, all of the spouses abused, all of the children abused, all of the marriages broken up, all of the girls that have been raped, all of the DUI's and all of the car accidents, all of the people killed in those accidents, all of the live's ruined, ... all because some fool drank too much alcohol, .. I wish there was no such thing.

Alcohol does not make you:
....fight with people; your insecurity & attitude does.
....ruin your relationships/friendships/marriages; your character & loyalty (or lack thereof) does.
....lose your jobs; your decision to drink on the job, or drink too much the night before a work day does.
....abuse your spouse and children; you're just a bad person.
....rape girls (or guys); you're just a bad person.
....drive drunk, get in an accident and kill people in that accient; your decision to drive to a bar or party without securing a safe ride home ahead of time is the reason it happened.

Alcohol does not make normal, smart, decent people do these things. Just like guns do not make normal, smart, decent people shoot other people.

Vtwin;3831877 said:

Thank you!

dwdj75

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3831791 said:
I wish there was no such thing as alcohol.

When I think of alcohol, I think of all of the fights that have occurred, all of the relationships/friendships ruined, all of the jobs lost, all of the spouses abused, all of the children abused, all of the marriages broken up, all of the girls that have been raped, all of the DUI's and all of the car accidents, all of the people killed in those accidents, all of the live's ruined, ... all because some fool drank too much alcohol, .. I wish there was no such thing.

That has all been done without alcohol also.

Sober people have been known to divorce, kill, rape, fall asleep at the wheel, break up, fight, so on and so forth ...

Don't blame the alcohol, blame the individual.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Alcohol doesn't make you fight, rap, drive drunk, etc, etc, etc. Alcohol just makes you lose control of your judgement and ability to rein in irrational actions before they happen. If you are a rapist inside, then when you get drunk and out of control, if put in a position to commit rape, you probably will.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
CowboyDan;3831920 said:
Alcohol does not make you:
....fight with people; your insecurity & attitude does.
....ruin your relationships/friendships/marriages; your character & loyalty (or lack thereof) does.
....lose your jobs; your decision to drink on the job, or drink too much the night before a work day does.
....abuse your spouse and children; you're just a bad person.
....rape girls (or guys); you're just a bad person.
....drive drunk, get in an accident and kill people in that accient; your decision to drive to a bar or party without securing a safe ride home ahead of time is the reason it happened.

Alcohol does not make normal, smart, decent people do these things. Just like guns do not make normal, smart, decent people shoot other people.

Thank you!

Oh, OK, .. alcohol had nothing to do with it. :laugh2:

The fact that alcohol was associated with all of those actions is just a coincidence. :laugh2:

I can't help you with all of the sand in your ears.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3831911 said:
You can sit and hold a gun for hours, you can even shoot it for hours but you don't have to kill anybody.

But if you drink for hours, eventually you will get drunk, and do something stupid or regrettable.

Some people would argue that shooting a gun for hours IS stupid and regrettable. :p:

And I know people that drink for hours and you would never know they were drinking.

I agree that alcoholism is real and that's why there are programs set up to help people deal with it. I've always had a hard time buying into the "disease" part of it though. However, if they want to call it a disease, then it is a disease that is cured by not drinking.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
As they say in the beer commericals "Drink Responsibly"

[youtube]PznMo5qHdyU[/youtube]

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3831935 said:

The fact that alcohol was associated with all of those actions is just a coincidence. :laugh2:

Read the quotes below, they will help you get the sand out of your eyes.

dwdj75;3831926 said:
That has all been done without alcohol also.

Sober people have been known to divorce, kill, rape, fall asleep at the wheel, break up, fight, so on and so forth ...

Don't blame the alcohol, blame the individual.

nyc;3831930 said:
Alcohol doesn't make you fight, rap, drive drunk, etc, etc, etc. Alcohol just makes you lose control of your judgement and ability to rein in irrational actions before they happen. If you are a rapist inside, then when you get drunk and out of control, if put in a position to commit rape, you probably will.

I like how you said "rap". :D

dwdj75

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3831935 said:

People have been known to drink water before commiting these same acts. Should we ban water ?

I am not a drinker, I may have had a six pack spread out over the last two years.

Used to be in my teenage/early twentys but not anymore, but of all the stupid things I've done, I will blame me, not the alcohol.