Per Cami? AND Sturm: Ryan Williams has been cut

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
He was also with Oakland and not the Cowboys. If you're going to argue 4 vs 7 yrs then you have to allow me to argue Dallas vs Oakland.

Agree with the other comment...he had his chance in Oakland and failed while other RBs put up better numbers.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I'm talking about the Eddie George that was done here in Dallas. I'm expecting about the same kind of season out of Mcfadden. 1 and done......

Thanks for clarifying...I would still take Eddie over DMAC...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So... still no confirmation that Ryan Williams has been released? Maybe the Turk got lost on his way to telling Williams.

EST_1986

Reaction score
So... still no confirmation that Ryan Williams has been released? Maybe the Turk got lost on his way to telling Williams.

I don't think theres much media clamoring for a practice squad guy but I don't see anyone really other than Cami reporting it

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This isn't the way camp was supposed to start.....Mark me down as Williams having a big role for us this year....Now what?

Mcfadden? Makes me think of Eddie George.....

Dunbar? 3rd down back.....

Randle? .....Just can't see him carrying the majority of the load by himself.

I'm not opposed to bringing in Knowshon Moreno now..........

From everything I've seen reported, Moreno's knee is still in bad shape and he looks to be out for this year.

He might be done.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
You made me find her on Twitter .. what's not to like? She's a good girl, loves her daddy, loves the Cowboys and America too

Isn't it strange she broke this news and virtually all the other people who are not amateurs like her in news reporting are all silent? I am not saying she is wrong, I saw Mike Fisher retweet hers last night, Sturm also saying it. I don't understand why a rabid Cowboys fan who looks like she is probably around 20-23 is breaking this stuff and for everyone else it is taboo to report.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I don't think theres much media clamoring for a practice squad guy but I don't see anyone really other than Cami reporting it

The funny thing is how many Cowboys fans that don't realize Williams was nothing more than a practice squad player. Some of them were even holding out hope he would win the starting gig.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree with the other comment...he had his chance in Oakland and failed while other RBs put up better numbers.

The backup only "put up better numbers" because their number of carriers per game/season were very low and the sample size is too small. Joseph Randle had a 6.7 ypc last season as compared to DeMarco with a 4.7 ypc. Was Randle better then Murray?

McFadden played 3 games as a backup and his average shot up to 5.3 ypc.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
almost a day later I don't see this reported anywhere else so I wouldn't put much faith into this report.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Not surprised this is not a big story the reality is the guy has been in the NFL since 2011 and in that time has played 3 games rushing for 164 on 58 carries and a 2.8 avg as well as 2 fumbles and 0 TD.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The funny thing is how many Cowboys fans that don't realize Williams was nothing more than a practice squad player. Some of them were even holding out hope he would win the starting gig.

I think people are holding out hope with every back we have/had except Dunbar because it's the only thing they can do at this point.

I continue to expect our running game to lag with the backs that we have compared to last year. I don't know how much that will affect team performance. I hope I'm wrong about the backs, of course, or that Dallas recognizes its deficiency and does something about it. (As much as I like Leary, I still wouldn't be opposed to him being traded for a starting-caliber back if we see that what we have isn't going to cut it.)

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Ya, that tweeter isn't even a writer or officially follows the team. She must have had a tweet from RWilliams himself or someone who knows him. Other than that, anyone here has as much inside info as her.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
The backup only "put up better numbers" because their number of carriers per game/season were very low and the sample size is too small. Joseph Randle had a 6.7 ypc last season as compared to DeMarco with a 4.7 ypc. Was Randle better then Murray?

McFadden played 3 games as a backup and his average shot up to 5.3 ypc.

Time will tell with Randle but I see what your saying. I just personally feel DMAC is a bust. My opinion. Time will tell...I may be wrong. I just don't see a guy turning the table in year 8 of his career. I hope Randle or the new guy Johnson emerges as a young bellcow. As for the other Murray vs DMAC....analysts have noted that Murray's per-carry efficiency was spiked by long runs last year, but he did average a rock-solid 4.31 YPC even if you exclude his 90-yard TD against the Chiefs. Murray received strong pass-block grades from PFF and held his own as a receiver, securing 17-of-22 targets for 143 yards

Macnalty

Reaction score
If this turns out to be true the team is doing the players a solid so they can connect with another franchise if they desire to continue their dream.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Isn't it strange she broke this news and virtually all the other people who are not amateurs like her in news reporting are all silent? I am not saying she is wrong, I saw Mike Fisher retweet hers last night, Sturm also saying it. I don't understand why a rabid Cowboys fan who looks like she is probably around 20-23 is breaking this stuff and for everyone else it is taboo to report.

It's not like that information should be hard to find out.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Time will tell with Randle but I see what your saying. I just personally feel DMAC is a bust. My opinion. Time will tell...I may be wrong. I just don't see a guy turning the table in year 8 of his career. I hope Randle or the new guy Johnson emerges as a young bellcow. As for the other Murray vs DMAC....analysts have noted that Murray's per-carry efficiency was spiked by long runs last year, but he did average a rock-solid 4.31 YPC even if you exclude his 90-yard TD against the Chiefs. Murray received strong pass-block grades from PFF and held his own as a receiver, securing 17-of-22 targets for 143 yards

McFadden is very good in Pass Blocking.

I don't know what McFadden will do here, but the stats from Oakland are meaningless, especially comparing backups to a starter.

I've reviewed all of his runs on the All-22 from 2014 and he appeared to still have it physically. The problem is that he would often get hit in the backfield and that was often by multiple defenders. Their blocking was terrible and defenses would stack the box against the run because they didn't pose a threat with their passing game.

My prediction is that he will be good if he stays healthy which is obviously a big concern with him; although, he has averaged 12 games played per season compared to 13 for DeMarco Murray so there is not much difference there.

Ideally, Randle will be the starter, but his attempts will decrease from Murray's 83% down to something like 60% with McFadden getting far more than the #2 did last season. People say that Dunbar can be the 3rd down back, but that is a good role for McFadden because of his Pass Blocking ability.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think most of the media that covers the team is traveling to Oxnard.

It has not shown up on the NFL transactions, but neither has the signing of the new RB from SFA.

Zordon

Reaction score

In the back of my mind, I knew there was little chance he'd make it thru a season without getting hurt again but you can't blame people for getting emotionally attached to a guy who was very good in college and expressed a lot of love and loyalty towards the franchise.