***Per ESPN Romo out 4 weeks with Broken Pinky***Merge

superpunk

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2333490 said:
Then what? Do we really believe the way this team has played this year, and the way they normally play late in the year, that 5-4 is a good thing? We could easily lose 2 more down the stretch. I guess 10-6 is alright, it would get us a WC game, but then what? We go on a Giants like run?

That would all be wishful thinking, at best. If we're lucky, and I mean lucky, we'll have a shot to get that playoff win this year in the WC.

If we're 5-4 going into the bye you can kiss any shot at the division goodbye and that isn't a good road to have in the playoffs.

Hopefully this will just be over-reaction on my part. I mean we could suddenly man up and go wild around Brad to keep this thing going right but I won't hold my breath for it.
I don't think a 7 game win streak to end the season with a fresh new Romo is unthinkable.

What I said about hope...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2333490 said:
Then what? Do we really believe the way this team has played this year, and the way they normally play late in the year, that 5-4 is a good thing? We could easily lose 2 more down the stretch. I guess 10-6 is alright, it would get us a WC game, but then what? We go on a Giants like run?

Why not? We tried the best record in the conference route and it did not work out all that well.

Aven8

Reaction score
I'm as sick as anybody.

But...I have some weird feeling that BJ can handle this. Brad has always been great at getting rid of the ball quickly....right before the rush gets there.

I also thought we could have used a lot more dump offs yesterday...that would have saved Romo.

Look at it this way.....The Giants got to the SB last year throwing dump offs, and Washington has been living on that all year!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
ETex;2333471 said:
Why don't you jump on the line for being a turnstile all year (save the Browns game). While Romo's has turned the ball over to much, he has been beaten up every game.

Has he? Because I remember watching the vaunted Jim Johnson defense struggle to get any pressure on Romo. Cleveland as well and Washington too. None of those teams recorded a sack.

Yesterday is the only day this year where you can say he was getting nailed and yet he actually didn't throw an INT even though it was only because Crayton saved him.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I remember in the preseason everyone was crying about brad having a noodle arm

then he threw a couple nice deep balls and everyone said "wow I didn't think he could do that"

Now everyone is crying because he has a noodle arm...

superpunk

Reaction score
stealth;2333507 said:
I remember in the preseason everyone was crying about brad having a noodle arm

then he threw a couple nice deep balls and everyone said "wow I didn't think he could do that"

Now everyone is crying because he has a noodle arm...
He does have a noodle arm, broseph.

Chad Pennington gets some zingers off every once in a while, too. They are aberrations.

Dcz84

Reaction score
theebs;2333469 said:
Wait till owens catches 2 balls and we lose to Tampa.

Then the nails can be pounded into the coffin.

So does jerry over-react and trade the house for williams to help the offense today?
Yep!!!

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Hello conservative offensive football and depending on our defense and special teams to win lowscoring and close football games 16-13, ala the Titans. Anyone have any confidence that they're up for the task?

I have a feeling the ones bashing Romo the most yesterday will be the first ones kissing his feet when he comes back in Week 11.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2333514 said:
He does have a noodle arm, broseph.

Chad Pennington gets some zingers off every once in a while, too. They are aberrations.

one or two aberrations a game should keep the defense honest, no?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;2333488 said:
Now's the time to worry about TO blowing up. BJ's a check-down guy who can't make all the throws. With TO and the other wideouts having a hard time getting separation, floaters won't get it done. Get ready for the BJ to Witten Show.
Funny you say that...

It's only going to get worse for T.O.
10:53 AM Mon, Oct 13, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

With the exception of one gamebreaking play against the Bengals, T.O. has essentially disappeared from the Cowboys' offense the last couple weeks. His frustration level is high enough to hush the man who loves microphones after yesterday's loss to the Cardinals.

Now, it really gets rough for T.O. Tony Romo is expected to miss at least four weeks (three games) with a broken pinkie finger on his throwing hand.

Enter Brad Johnson, a 40-year-old bus driver. Exit the vertical passing game, although we haven't seen much of it recently anyway.

This will be the ultimate test to see if T.O.'s transformation into a team player is true.

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Aven8

Reaction score
I think TO will be fine.....he played in the West Coast offense his entire career. He's great on slants.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The only way this works out for BJ is if Jason comes up with some offensive stuff that moves TO and such around a lot and gets him a lot of passes on the run on 10-12 yard passes and TO is able to turn some of those into the 40-60 yard variety.

Jason Garrett will really have to step up his game at this point and come up with some pretty darn good gameplans and come up with some darn good stuff for us to survive this next 3 game stretch.