***Per ESPN Romo out 4 weeks with Broken Pinky***Merge

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dallyjake;2333576 said:
I refuse to buy this story until the Cowboys confirm. ESPN had Eli missing 4 to 6 last year and he missed nada. Cant trust one word from espn.

FWIW-Eli didn't even look all that great through the 1st 8 games of last year. Alot of his passes didn't have much zip at all throughout this stretch.

Yeah-he didn't miss any time and ESPN "lied" about his injury, but nonetheless, he was NOT even 70% through the 1st half.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Boysboy;2333595 said:
FWIW-Eli didn't even look all that great through the 1st 8 games of last year. Alot of his passes didn't have much zip at all throughout this stretch.

Yeah-he didn't miss any time and ESPN "lied" about his injury, but nonetheless, he was NOT even 70% through the 1st half.

Mortensen didnt lie. He got the doctors report which did say manning was out 4-6 weeks. Eli confirmed that on the americas game giants edition.

Its to mannings credit that he never missed any time. But he did have the injury and he did play through it with pain.

Dallyjake

Reaction score
I need to hear it from Romo or the Cowboys...ESPN has become a super spin machine. Their hate for the Cowboys is over the top.

Cowboy_4_Life

Reaction score
Breaking News: Brad Johnson reaction when asked about going in against the Rams, "**** That!" Then he runs out the room. LMAO

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallyjake;2333601 said:
I need to hear it from Romo or the Cowboys...ESPN has become a super spin machine. Their hate for the Cowboys is over the top.
This good enough...

Tony Romo out four weeks with broken finger
10:44 AM Mon, Oct 13, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Pete Aldrich E-mail News tips

Quarterback Tony Romo has a broken finger and will be out four weeks.

Our crew is traveling this morning and will soon be at Valley Ranch.

Much, much more to come.

Comments (53) Leave comment | E-mail entry

bigE79

Reaction score
Im not going to minimize the injury,but do you all really think romo is be out 4 weeks with a broken pinky?...I dont think it will happen... he misses 2 at most,jmo...GO COWBOYS

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2333600 said:
Mortensen didnt lie. He got the doctors report which did say manning was out 4-6 weeks. Eli confirmed that on the americas game giants edition.

Its to mannings credit that he never missed any time. But he did have the injury and he did play through it with pain.

That's what I was trying to say, I even put " " around the word "lied" to make my point.

My POINT was that Eli was NOT himself throughout the first half of last year. In terms of getting his passes off, he was wildly inconsistent. They were 6-2 largely thanks to their D.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
BSPN has already got up the sportsnation ? will the cowboys make playoffs with Romo out 4 weeks...:banghead:

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
That massive o-line that everyone hyped up so much is responsible for this. 20 knockdowns.

wood28

Reaction score
Brad´s time .... GOOD LOOK Brad this will be a loooongg looooonggg time.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2332319 said:
Lot of Cowboys limping after loss

9:04 PM Sun, Oct 12, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips
We'll know much more about the severity of these injuries tomorrow, but here's a list of Cowboys who were hurt during the loss to the Cardinals.
QB Tony Romo (sprained right pinky finger)
RB Felix Jones (strained left hamstring)
P Mat McBriar (bruised right ankle)
LT Flozell Adams (stinger)
SS Keith Davis (cut left thumb)
OLB Anthony Spencer (strained left hamstring)
NT Jay Ratliff left the game briefly, but he returned. Not sure what his ailment was, but it wasn't mentioned in the injury rundown.

The OL should be ashamed of themselves.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]They are saying that Romo broke the finger on the first play of Overtime. Guess that explains those 2 back to back bad passes he threw before the punter got murdered.[/FONT]

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Rack;2333640 said:
The OL should be ashamed of themselves.

If it happened on the first play of overtime as reported, then it's all Deon Anderson's fault.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hey Romo, how fun is that regular season journey now?

You still enjoying the ride?

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
GoinForSix;2333636 said:
That massive o-line that everyone hyped up so much is responsible for this. 20 knockdowns.

injury to kosier, you forget?

One guy going down blows the whole chemistry of the line, it has been proven here before with Flo going down. Its a big deal no matter how crappy kosier is or isn't.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2333666 said:
If it happened on the first play of overtime as reported, then it's all Deon Anderson's fault.

Romo was getting hammered all game long.

I say again, the OL should be ashamed of themselves.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2333666 said:
Yeah, because the OL knows exactly how to block so that Romo doesn't break a finger.