News: PFT: Dak has not ask for $40M

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Already been posted.

We're running out of things to bash Dak for. He didn't ask for that kind of money. We're not paying him that much so I think he'd rather take 33-34 million over being out of a job (like anybody with a brain would), and 2nd of all..... we're trusting the claims of a smoking hot chick who should be on the runway rather than sports reporting.

And last of all, Jerry already said he's willing to hold out one more year on paying Dak. Meaning he wants to see what he does this year first. I'm ok with that, because I know he's gonna show up and play no matter what. Unlike that.... other fat guy on the team who's already quit the team.

First, nobody is looking for reasons to bash Dak. Second, we still don't know which report is true. Slater swore by her contacts same as William's did

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I don't see this as earth-shattering news. No one thought he was going to get 40, including Dak's agents, even if they did ask for it.

I do. Asking for 40 is not saying let's go back to the drawing board, it's saying go bust it over your knee. It's essentially a go bleep yourself.

Little Jr

Reaction score
So wait.

This report is spot on. The other isn’t.

How do we know PFT isn’t the one wrong? I mean people ripped PFT when they reported other things.
I'll go off what's been reported over the past 2 months. 2 months ago it was reported by multiple media outlets the counter offer was 34m. Then 2 weeks ago 105.3 reported he wanted 36m. Now it's being reported its 40m. It makes more sense that the 34m is right. No one disputed that. So now it's gone up 6m over the past 2 months. Some of the same people that reported it was 34n are now saying it's 40m?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I do. Asking for 40 is not saying let's go back to the drawing board, it's saying go bust it over your knee. It's essentially a go bleep yourself.

It's saying you offered 30, I countered with 40, let's meet at 35. Too many people get emotional about this stuff.

Sydla

Reaction score
Because both PFT, the DMN and local talk radio are refuting the claim he asked for $40 million.

A lot of very plugged in people, including those locally, are calling BS.

The point is that people tend to fall for the “rumors” that support their worldview.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's saying you offered 30, I countered with 40, let's meet at 35. Too many people get emotional about this stuff.
What's sad is we just saw it a few months ago with Demarcus Lawrence.........He wanted Khalil Mack money as the ceiling......they wanted to give him 18 million....they met in the middle. Not sure why this is so hard to process for some.

erod

Reaction score
Well she was wrong about Zeke being on the team plane to Oxnard a couple of weeks ago.

Florio and PFT got it right.

I trust PFT more than Slater.
PFT said there was a tape of Dez.

Remember?

Reactions: CWR

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It's funny how some folks have decided one report is true while the other is false. It couldn't possibly be both sides playing the media game. :rolleyes:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I never said he can't break a story every now and then. I just believe Williams because she was a reporter for the FWST and cultivated sources within the Cowboys organizations having covered them for several years.
It's an issue of credibility as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't mean she can't be wrong. I just believe her account in this case.

Slater is also a reported with big DFW connections and said Zeke would be on the plane, also said Dak asked for 40 when both PFT and ESPN are saying, “trust me, he didn’t”.

The only really reliable source is the agent himself, who is more nationally connected than locally.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I don't believe this anymore than the last leak. It's the 2 camps jockeying for public approval.

Reactions: CWR

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Not really. Asking for about $33 million a season as opposed to $40 million means Dak's new contract will be about $42 million cheaper overall assuming he gets a six year deal.

$33 million is still over paying

CWR

Reaction score
ESPN also is refuting the $40 mil rumor.

Oops! The haters got their blood pressure up over nothing!

I love all three of them, but nonetheless they've all three got my bp up. The thought of losing Jaylon and LVE ect. is gross.

I hope they can all get good contracts and we can keep our cap relatively healthy.